Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVP Suggestion - White Sands PVP (Conquest Game)

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    It
    Because it's a larger map, it would be awesome for Guild rivalry and open a whole can of worms for competition, rather then just sieges.
    The idea is nice but what guilds would be there to rival? People that play now don't want guild rivalry, world pvp, premades or anything that is in the least challenging. They want to go to minis in overgeared toons stomp the hapless new player who decides to venture in, then call him bad as he is pad camped for 20minutes or until he leaves and afterwards crow how great that mini went "o man I topped kills I am so pro"

Quote Originally Posted by Frejya View Post
    The idea is nice but what guilds would be there to rival? People that play now don't want guild rivalry, world pvp, premades or anything that is in the least challenging. They want to go to minis in overgeared toons stomp the hapless new player who decides to venture in, then call him bad as he is pad camped for 20minutes or until he leaves and afterwards crow how great that mini went "o man I topped kills I am so pro"
    pretty much spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Frejya View Post
    Actually players like to stomp old players, who were always bad, but think they are much better than they are because AoC is a gear based game now. Gear and AA is such a big factor now it's hard to tell at times what players are pro, good, decent, ok, bad, trash, whatever. I see some poorly geared players actually play well and for the team but die instantly from crap gear, then you see some fully geared and AA players who play like sh1t with no team play at all yet sit at the top of the scoreboard after the mini.

You see some lowbie pad camping, but mostly what you see are players who when evenly matched lose games on the regular, but they get the OP team it's pad camp time to make up the difference.

It's just like back in the day when the C team got destroyed by the A or even B team of another guild and they logged, the C team would stay on because they knew the puggers would start signing back up and all of a sudden that sh1t C team thinks the world of itself pug stomping clueless players at 3:00 am. And that's a fact, I have lived on both sides of that coin at one point.

As far as guild rivalry, there is none. Because most of the trash players you see in minis know what they are outside of pugs and don't dare to engage in open world or sieges because they would not be able to back up the sh1t they talk while they hide in pugs on whatever class is easiest to get kills with. When I was a super trash all star in 2009, I did all of those things. I see exactly what players much better than me were talking about back then now though. Very few want actual competition, most just want a scenario where they can be the best with no skill level and the least amount of buttons to press while doing it, while avoiding the actual competition of premades or guild battles...no, we are stuck with these horrible pug minis where anyone can wipe their face across a keyboard and do well enough as long as they play selfishly.
    Last edited by Suctum; 20th April 2014 at 10:58.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12