Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many people do we need to do a t3?

Default How many people do we need to do a t3?

Hi, Im wondering if anyone has tried to do T3 with only 3 groups or something like that.

All, we know that w1 can be done without problem with 12 people but I've never seen a 18 people trying to do t3 bosses.

Do you know if It can be/ It has been done?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

I've done bottom floor with only 18, but I stopped the raid after Gyas, didn't want the headache of trying to 18 man the top floor.

I imagine Hathor Ka, Arbanus and Louhi would totally be doable with a good 6man group.

Brothers should be doable with 10-12. Gyas might require a bit more due to the oneshot mechanic.

Keeper and Toth I think you will also need 18ish people. You might surprise yourself when you try it however. When a friend of mine suggested to 4man T'ian'an I thought it would never be possible but we did it in the end after only a couple hours of trying.

Since Thoth was killed with 21 before Khitai was released, it should be possible with less now that players are perked up to the nines.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvoleus View Post
    Since Thoth was killed with 21 before Khitai was released, it should be possible with less now that players are perked up to the nines.
    No, it wasn't. Thoth felt down in September. Khitai came 4 months earlier. And some people were full perked already due to Yag with no cooldown, Palace farm and some exploits.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I imagine Hathor Ka, Arbanus and Louhi would totally be doable with a good 6man group.
    until someone makes a video of this, i will say not a chance.

what kind of a group setup you imagine these fights would have when you can only take a six man group?

you can't solo tank these bosses and being full t4 with all possible accessories these bosses still hit hard.

arbanus get 3dts+1tos+1heal+1heal/dd should be doable ^^

louhi i imagine 1-2 tanks(might need dt for mana leech), 2heal, 2 neks only problem i see here might be keeping mana low while destroying statues/coffins

hathor should be possible by 3tanks,3heal (or 2heal,1dd) luckily the dmg stack is capped

mmh this kinda wants to make me try...^^

edit: in general you just have to think about how many tanks+heals you need in a normal raid for a certain boss and then if you need anyything special (like tos/hox for arbanus) if this is lower or equal 6 and the encounter doesnt have a enrage timer its doable
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 2nd April 2014 at 01:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    arbanus get 3dts+1tos+1heal+1heal/dd should be doable ^^
    Won't have enough dps and should get owned by dmg from debuff that requiring clicking tombs after boss gets below 50%.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Won't have enough dps and should get owned by dmg from debuff that requiring clicking tombs after boss gets below 50%.
    About the tanking: Arbanus setup in my opinion would be 1DT(tali) 1conq(carnage or brute) 1tos(with fangs) 1pom(with emissary) 1BS and one demo/necro for the mage shield.

I forgot about that debuff mechanic with the tombs tho since raids have been ignoring it for 2+ years now, so you are right that you will likely need a handful more dpsers to get it down in time.

Hathor-Ka setup would be 2 very wellgeared soldiers(any soldier will do), 1 of each healer and 1 necro to control the adds. On miasmaphase necro kites adds to boss in order for them to be consumed. The boss will get 5 stacks but even then it is almost possible to solotank so with 2 competent and wellgeared tanks it should totally be doable.

Louhi would be a endurance fight. Setup would be 2 wellgeared and competent soldiers of the same class (since it is hard to swap between soldierclasses when the shield is up), 1 of each healer and one necro to make sure you have some dpstime.
    Ignore the phylacteries (yes, lame tactic) and keep dps on the boss. When mana reaches 65% all but one tank go out to avoid the hit from repentance. Tank that stays in takes the hit with cunning. Alternatively you could use DT's and they can put a dread when the mana reaches 65%. The fight will take a hour at least I think but if you have the patience it shouldn't be too hard.

Judging by the T3 raids I have cleared the place with (both in gear- and skill-level sometimes) I still think all of T3 except Toth (7 people on the mobs while puzzles are up isn't gonna cut it I think) should be doable with 12 outgeared and experienced raiders.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 2nd April 2014 at 12:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast