Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a way to different between my flesh of worms and the one of the other necros

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Just to add, Infestation did with my SC geared necro 50-60 damage per tick, while Flesh to Worms did 170-180 per tick, on the group of dogs right outside Fengdu in KK. If the dot is to run its length thats a difference of

Infestation: 55 x 36 = 1980
    Flesh to Worms: 175 x 36 = 6300

So think of it this way if it helps... Rather than target every mob you want to afflict with the full FtW dot, hit Plague Swarm and do it all with 1 button pushed. And earn 4k+ damage on dots (for each target!), while doing a neat hit though not as high hitting as the Ice Strike because of lower coefficient and probably not being afflicted by magic damage from inteligence.
    your still thinking as a demo buyten.

necro spell damage coeficients on all spells are very low.
    as much as you stack magic damage after you get 1400ish magic damage any more magic damage wont make big impact on your dps; its why despoil the soul 8 stack inst op for necros, if you gave that buff to any other magic damage class you would create a monster especialy true for pom's who seem to have realy high spell coeficients.

like i think i mentioned to you already inteligence stacking+will of sublime+crit rating+crit damage is what increases dps considerably for necros, you can eficiently crit more often and crit harder
    also more pets up the more dps you do, so single target wise sw to get parasitic souls will be more eficient then getting death god all the time

for example on that erlic geared necro on test live with no aa's i didnt get a single crit on plague swarm in like 15 minutes of sw uisng lich+tome etc, while on my "real" necro full t4 with full aa's i crit often on all spells, in sw my flesh to worms on that build crits for 750-800 all the time and i get average 5+extra ticks from blasphemy, wich by the way just having that buff up does more dps then casting plague.

and in multiple target situation you can substancialy increase your dps by doting everything that moves and sw spaming icestrikes+blasphemous ruin with deathgod or crit damage buff, and that is independant of spec.

if your realy keen of discovering the true power of infestation eficiency do it in a raid like last boss w1 or seruah in w2, or even in pvp minigames for that matter :P.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I know all that Noite Strange you didn't get any crits of Plague Swarm though. Coefficients are low for Necromancers indeed. If you wanna dot everything that moves you still can do that through Plague Swarm rather than tab , ftw, tab , ftw.. And depending on targets if they die fast you are better off by splashing everything with IS anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I know all that Noite Strange you didn't get any crits of Plague Swarm though. Coefficients are low for Necromancers indeed. If you wanna dot everything that moves you still can do that through Plague Swarm rather than tab , ftw, tab , ftw.. And depending on targets if they die fast you are better off by splashing everything with IS anyway.
    well that why infestation is so good on multiple taget situations i supose in last boss w1 and overall in w2 plague swarm could prove to be more eficient by spreading ftw instead of infestation.
    but (and its big latina bubble butt) for each ftw individualy will spread infestation^^

and particular fights like brothers in t3 you should be dotting all 3 bosses all the time it decreases your hate to be swapping target all the time and vastly increases your dps to keep all bosses doted+a few icestrikes here and there and helps balance out healths on them.

influence of crit rating+crit damage(and inteligence combined with will of sublime) is real and has powerfull influence in necro's dps.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Yes of course, and Crit damage and Will of the Sublime more than crit rating it self because of Death God 90% of the time The good thing about Infestation is that it does spread automatically. The bad thing is that damage sucks and its only 1/3 of the damage from a FtW dot.

Back on topic. When the Necromancer need to recast Flesh to Worms, the spell has a cast time of 1 second, and has only the damage over time effect refreshed. Even if the hit is 50% of the strength of IS, you still don't waste any time because you need to spend that second casting FtW anyway, and using Plague Swarm to refresh it only uses 1 second extra and will do a damage while refreshing the dot timer as well. Can't see the reason for all that hate towards that spell tbh...

But as mentioned earlier in the thread, there is currently no way of telling which Flesh to Worms effect that is yours. Recast it every 30 seconds by looking at a mana pot or every third Blasphemous Ruin. Or use Plague Swarm a chill rotation after it is off cooldown.

Noite, what buffs do you prefer to use on your Necro: Blasphemy, Set's Cold Hatred, Set's Ruin?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Noite, what buffs do you prefer to use on your Necro: Blasphemy, Set's Cold Hatred, Set's Ruin?
    depends situation, for dps in raids most fights blasphemy for extra ftw ticks
    in pvp i switch them during fight or depending on build/pets im using
    the new coils instance for example ended up using set's cold hatred most often and blasphemy for last boss, once you go there live you will know why :P.
    it would be realy great if they were instant cast i need to adjust preemptively in pvp because its not feasible to swap buffs while getting chased or mid fight
    the one i dont use often is set's ruin the extra base spell damage is too low to make a diference extra ticks from blasphemy is more dps especialy if both normal tick+extra crit too, but its good in minis if oposite team has good demo/tos
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Omg, I just saw the video of the sign of noite and now my hero is Singham without any doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123