Thread: Faction Tiger or Wolf Mount/Pet?

Default Faction Tiger or Wolf Mount/Pet?

A while back I got the Wolf mount from the Wolves of the Steppes quest. I really like this mount.

I also have the Tiger Pet from the Tamarin's Tigers quest and I have the quest to get the mount.

Should I just stay as I am and not do the tiger quest? Should I get the Tiger mount and have my wolf converted back to a pet?

As I understand it, The Tiger mount is just slightly better than the wolf mount, but both pets are equal (and don't really do much). Is that correct?

Thanks for your input.

I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Funcom standardized mount a few patch ago.

So Tiger and wolf (should) behave strictly the same. Same speed, same stagger chances, same energy. And mount-related perks are broken anyway. Honestly, I never bothered to check since the patch, even on toons that have both.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Wolf and tiger mount are completely equal now, tiger used to be quicker and wolf had more stamina, but they normalized it. Which one you prefer to have as a mount is entirely up to you, and there's nothing standing in the way of having two mounts... the tiger/wolf pets aren't especially useful anyhow - the damage they output is horrendous.

there's still one difference though: with tiger you can hide while mounted...
    and by the way, you cannot revert your wolf from mount to pet...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    there's still one difference though: with tiger you can hide while mounted...
    and by the way, you cannot revert your wolf from mount to pet...
    The hide was the small difference I referred to in my original post. If you go back to the quest giver, there is an option to revert from mount back to pet, but what it really does is deletes the mount and allows you to start all over with the chain to get a new pet.

I decided to pony up and do the tiger quest and have both as mounts at this time. No sure if I am going to go through the chain again and get a new wolf pet (and loose the mount).