Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sepulcher of the Wyrm

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i disagree, gear dependency should stay to give a challenge to high end players with t4 gear for example, otherwise the rest of the game is to easy becomes for them and nothing else to do with their main class...
    There should never be an instance or raid that requires better gear than what it gives out. As it is most of the Sepulcher gear is equivalent to Khitai gear which can be easily acquired by joining a PUG formed out of global chat. I actually considered the HoX gloves a downgrade from my BB ones which you can get with a group of 4 in Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    There should never be an instance or raid that requires better gear than what it gives out...
    i read somewhere on forum (rumor or true i dont know) that a player equipped with a full set gear from dragon spine would give something else also, like an extra buff...

i play for fun and not gear, and i love challenges and new stuff to do and enjoy, if pp play the game with gear on their minds, then stay on khitai, plenty to do there and best overall gear is there anyway (i even pull 5-6 epic mobs at the same time in old 80 dungeons to have more challenge when going there with friends, i just hate the 1-pull mob approach even in khitai dungeons )

there's only one reason to me that dungeon should be as easy/hard as khitai dungeons and that is the fact that a player can be premium, get "equivalent" epic gear to khitai gear without the need to buy rotgs expansion, and that would work even better with more regions/updates with gear with different stats, etc

anyway, lack of AA and experience on pve from me and friends is not the trouble on this dungeon, so the same questions remains:

are tactics correct?
    - if yes, then its either gear (me and guildies have full t3/t3.5 and khitai sets, none has t4) or its bugged
    - if tactics are wrongs nothing else to say then
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 1st May 2013 at 01:20.

i read somewhere on forum (rumor or true i dont know) that a player equipped with a full set gear from dragon spine would give something else also, like an extra buff...
    That was claimed at one point, but it sounds like something that the devs aren't even working on based on what the game director says in this thread:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182256

This 6 man needs to be fixed so it can be beat legit, it's sad it's been in a broken state for months now. As a result, no one even does it, which is a shame. So Funcom, please fix it so it can be beaten but with sufficient challenge. Having said that, the difficulty must be adequate but not require toons that overgear the zone to complete it. Long story short, moderately geared toons executing proper tactics should finish it, no reason to only have overgeared toons be able to complete it and in the end have the loot drops worse than the gear needed to complete it. So Funcom, fix this dungeon and do not repeat the same mistakes in the other Dragonspine dungeons.

i disagree, gear dependency should stay to give a challenge to high end players with t4 gear for example, otherwise the rest of the game is to easy becomes for them and nothing else to do with their main class...

anyway, if it is not broken, and pp are doing the right tactics and the skills and gear are the problem, im cool with that, but at least pictures or even better a vid showing the fight to the end can only prove that...

the far i went on group with guildies on that dungeon was with the boss subgroup killing 3 adds and surviving, but then another wave came and kill them, but again, dunno if it is the correct tactic

it is simple as that, someone shows the fight being done and the "myth" of bug/broken goes away and we get this issue solved once and for all, so to razzafour's quote i can only until you show prove of it
    Gear =/= skill and frankly the final fight urgently needs that changed. Hitting T4 soldiers for up to 5000 per hit just means that the dungeon isn't doable for most of the population, and the gear it drops is far inferior to what your tanks need to get it done. The second fight is a perfect example of great design - you need to be active and mobile and you can do it with pretty average gear if you are good. IMO it's probably one of the best fights in the game.

Lastly, the dungeon is definitely doable, I've personally done it maybe 20-30 times since the red orb stopped killing the adds below. I don't share Texan's view that it's an exploit (else 100% of the game population exploit Sabazios for instance, or breaking line of sight is an exploit... a big hint there) but I doubt anyone walks away at the end thinking that was the intended strategy.

thats not even possible ^^ there is not a full set to get and since they dont even have the set bonus the likelihood of getting some other random buff is very low

I still get the feeling that this dung is doable on US servers and not doable on EU...am I wrong?
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I still get the feeling that this dung is doable on US servers and not doable on EU...am I wrong?
    You can break the line of sight on euro servers too^^

The problem with dungeon difficulty is that usually either you need an extremely complicated sequence of events (Abyss, Enigmata, Sodabeh) or you need extremely high gear requirements/short time limits (Jade, Tian'an, old Pagoda) in order to make it hard. And both of those become trivial once you have enough gear to force your way through or have repeated it enough times to memorize the solution. Very very few bossfights have difficulty stemming from true creativity and fun: Sepulcher's Abomination, Ai's Commander, Cistern's Bomberman, Xibaluku's Tia Shar, old Vortex (Air&Water was excessive but didn't deserve to become this much of a pussy ), old Argo Satha. While it's fine to wish every boss was like those, designing that sort of great battles is hard so we have to get by with other 2 methods of difficulty.
    Last edited by cins; 1st May 2013 at 13:44.

The boss pre Red-orb, still was a challenge. you needed crapton of gear on tanks and it still wasnt an easy fight.

Now having to LOS the adds, or kill them and have them respawn and they still hit super hard?

Also the gear that drops is meh. And the hidden set bonuses we all wanted now got scraped, so again funcom either fix the gear or make it easier, or both?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast