Thread: World bosses

Default World bosses

I'm trying to find information about what exactly I have to do to for these world boss events. I have tried to find information about it on the net but haven't really found anything useful.

Sorry about this silly request, but I have been away from the game for over three years. I have missed a lot it seems.

Every month there will be a world boss spawn on the first Wednesday of the month GMT 0 time. Which comes down to about 5 pm PST since I'm on GMT -7 for PST last I checked.

There will be multiple spawn sites, two to four or whatever. The boss should be spawning every 30 minutes, instances fill up quickly, you can make a list of which instances were in which order so you can try and anticipate them. If you are on a pve server it will be easier.

Hit the boss to get on the agro table, stay alive for one minute. Please keep attacking the boss so that it goes down quicker rather than sitting afk and letting others do all the work.

Boss will drop blue boxes mostly and a rare purple box. Blue box can have purple box, t1 weapons or armor, t2 weapons or armor, potions and such, social gear, social pets BOE or BOP. Purple box can drop t3 relics, a t3 rare or 3.5 gear or a social pet for the miniboss (legendary).

Speculation is that it will be thrice drowned in thunder river. You get the quest to get a legendary cloak from an npc astrologer something on the OT library steps.

Any level character who can reach the world boss can get the loot. No experience for actually killing boss unless it drops from the box.

Every month will be a new pet then it will restart again. So far the only way to get a dragon pet is to kill the first world boss Black Dragon...might be changed later though to allow tokens to buy pets you didn't get. Chance of a miniboss pet is something like 1:200 or 1:250 kills unless you are very lucky.

Does it only spawn on that one day? I've heard people call it "a world boss week", leaving me with the impression that they spawn for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmills27 View Post
    Does it only spawn on that one day? I've heard people call it "a world boss week", leaving me with the impression that they spawn for a few days.
    the spawning starts on wed and goes on for 1 week...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)