Thread: Rage (Blood and Glory Rule Set) Rules.

Default Rage (Blood and Glory Rule Set) Rules.

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/the_b...ry_pvp_ruleset

The specifics of the rule set are:

-This will be a fresh start server, no transfers.

-You will only be allowed one character on this server. Your reputation will mean something on this server!

-There will be no guards on this server. Your only protection from other players will be your allies, and your own wits and skills.

-No Offline levels will be useable, all levels must be earned the hard way!

-The Shrines of Bori feature is disabled on this server, so teams can't allow their friends to progress under their protection as they can on the regular servers.

-Diminishing returns has been adjusted slightly, allowing for more exp from PVP kills on this server.

-There will be an option for team vs team mini-game matches through a new queue option that is designed to let organized teams pit their wits against other organised teams for bragging rights.

-PVP is opened up again in White Sands isle and the Underhalls so that the PVP experience exists in some of the starting areas as well.

-There will be a limited form of player looting. One random non-No Drop item from your inventory will be left behind as loot when you die to another player. There will also be some items 'generated' that players will drop, just as you see when killing an NPC.

-The previous Battlekeep rewards will be adjusted.

It is also worth noting that the last three changes listed there may also be considered for the live servers as they are more balance related, and will benefit those who like their PVP on the regular servers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/the_b...ry_pvp_ruleset

The specifics of the rule set are:

-This will be a fresh start server, no transfers.

-You will only be allowed one character on this server. Your reputation will mean something on this server!

-There will be no guards on this server. Your only protection from other players will be your allies, and your own wits and skills.

-No Offline levels will be useable, all levels must be earned the hard way!

-The Shrines of Bori feature is disabled on this server, so teams can't allow their friends to progress under their protection as they can on the regular servers.

-Diminishing returns has been adjusted slightly, allowing for more exp from PVP kills on this server.

-There will be an option for team vs team mini-game matches through a new queue option that is designed to let organized teams pit their wits against other organised teams for bragging rights.

-PVP is opened up again in White Sands isle and the Underhalls so that the PVP experience exists in some of the starting areas as well.

-There will be a limited form of player looting. One random non-No Drop item from your inventory will be left behind as loot when you die to another player. There will also be some items 'generated' that players will drop, just as you see when killing an NPC.

-The previous Battlekeep rewards will be adjusted.

It is also worth noting that the last three changes listed there may also be considered for the live servers as they are more balance related, and will benefit those who like their PVP on the regular servers as well.
    They've offered transfers off before, they just didn't allow transfers on....

Yup i myself have transferd a Guardian off of this server, was my first toon and i had no experience of PvP, so i took the toon to Crom and learned the game, thats when i made my main on Rage after , you just couldn't take main onto it , i like the work you putting into making a point, but at the end of the day they allowed it before they can again...

There is no need for anyone to be trapped and isolated on Rage any further, its time people was allowed to bring their toons, im sure funcom would enjoy the extra income also...

They should have removed the offline levels, and one toon restriction after the population started to dwindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearthis View Post
    They should have removed the offline levels, and one toon restriction after the population started to dwindle.
    offline levels never should have existed from start on any server.

Quote Originally Posted by silv3rfawx View Post
    Disagree. The game world is pretty much empty in the leveling zones, and there's nothing to do pre-80.

The leveling experience (now) in this game is terrible imo. Nothing but a whole bunch of grindy kill x and collect y quests. Wasn't as bad when the game launched and there were tons of other people to play with but the priority should be to rush people to endgame. Unless Funcom is going to focus on improving the leveling experience.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 31st August 2014 at 19:11.

Quote Originally Posted by silv3rfawx View Post
    I agree completely. Offline levels has been the bane of the game, increasing the time needed to find people to play with and increasing the learning curve for newcomers that click that offline button mindlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearthis View Post
    Disagree. The game world is pretty much empty in the leveling zones, and there's nothing to do pre-80.
    If we speak about all servers, then that is utter nonsense. We have never had a lot of problems with doing dungeons several times with others. Just yesterday, we did Bubshur's House in Epic with 20s; two days ago we had a Sanctum run with 35-46. Four days ago was an Epic Pyramid run with 30s... There were several Black Castle groups (one with 80 though) past week that I spotted.
    One of the most interesting parts of a game is levelling, and Age of Conan has it with raiding at Conall's Valley, group quests in dungeons, epic runs, and just doing quests quickly together.
    Two things Rage did correctly: no Shrines of Bori and no offline levels.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 2nd September 2014 at 04:11.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Offline levels is a salvation for PvP-oriented ppl. If you will be able to get PvE lvls progression with killing players it will be okay to disable offline levels. But for ppl who hate PvE and dungeons in any form it is really disaster that you MUST do mob-killing. Especially if they are veterans who have leveled up to 80 over 9k characters and just want to make new 80lvl alt.