Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP vs PvE gap Revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    I honestly like having some variation in gear. PvP gear is vastly superior for survivability in PvP, whereas some PvE gear has much better DPS, but you'll be a glass cannon. If PvP gear had multiple sets, rather than the one, low-dps/crit Protection set, I would be more for removing PvE gear from PvP.

People always mention Guild Wars when talking about balancing PvE gear. Well, in Guild Wars, there were several ways to customize your gear setup, which was all done through the necklace you equipped (which I thought limited the customization a little too much), letting you choose to be a glass cannon, tanky, have lots of life, more crit/crit damage, DoT damage, better heals, etc...
    True, but guild wars is a game built on gimmicks. Some classes can put out retarded DPS while in a Bunker build while other classes put out nothing with the exact same gear. While you can choose your gear, going max DPS or surviability is hampered by their class design. It does not always give you better DPS or surviabilty even though it should. Main reason I quit playing.

I applaud their PvP model and customization, but their class balance and gimmick type gameplay is terrible.
    Doomsayer 2008

I liked this idea for minigames:
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...64&postcount=1

For open pvp a gap would not be gamebreaking, if there would be pvp progress through pvp, even loosing would be fun and there would be consequences for certain behaviour (like taking the situation the pvp takes place in into account).

You can take this pvp "tab" idea and let only pvp items and white or green items work there...combine this with lots of new pvp items or adding options through crafting to add to those mentioned white/green items pvp stats (making them blue) and it might work too.

Quote Originally Posted by csutton View Post
    Another way to "close" the gap on time invested per gear set, is to increase pvp rewards. 1 badge for losing team, 2 badges for winning team. More prowess, or reduced gear costs. Anything to make PvP gear more obtainable and less grindy will make people more likely to go for PvP gear if they can obtain it faster than PvE gear.
    It will not do anything, but remove some extra levelling fun hours from us with that. This will not make T4 weaker in any way. You can fight with culture sets versus PvP gear if you have the skill, but ranged T4 is a bit too powerful unless everyone focuses the individual.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12