Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW taking a page from FC's book.

Default WoW taking a page from FC's book.

ban't!

So, our dear friends over at the Blizzard are feeling the effects of good ol' Edit by Anzu: Silirion as an employee.

Latest expansion long overdue? Check

Messing with popular game mechanics (removing flying, taking raid gear out of raid finder, eliminating Valor to force a gold grind)? Check

Saying that their actions are what the community wanted? Check

Mass-deleting threads on their own forums to mask the outcry? Check

Suspending people who post threads asking where the discussions regarding flight etc went? Check

Best of luck, Edit by Anzu: Players of World of Warcraft, enjoy your dose of the Morrison.

Pic related, the response to my friend when he asked where the flight removal discussion went.
    Last edited by Anzu; 31st August 2014 at 23:18.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I am curious to know what position Silirrion has in Blizzard. Hopefully it's not one of authority or any significance. He really was a mediocre GD who shouldn't have kept his job as long as he did.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 1st September 2014 at 01:22.

The changes sound pretty bad. Is blizzard going for it?

maybe more will come to AoC then
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Actually, those changes in World of Warcraft are quite good! They should implement class feat trees too.

Silirion is one of the best game directors, and he managed to revive Age of Conan and add a lot of interesting progression into the game. No, he is not perfect; but none of us are.

Silirion had the proper understanding of how world bosses should be implemented (but he cancelled the idea of world bosses, which was lauded by community at that time): he wanted to spawn them only in PVP areas.

Actually, every game, subjectively, suffers from bad decisions, inasmuch as it is impossible to satisfy everyone's needs...
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st September 2014 at 09:09.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

oh my, you are full of bile Mr. Op
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    oh my, you are full of bile Mr. Op
    Not really. I don't play the wows. It can thrive or disintegrate for all I care.

Just watching a friend's frustration as blizzard alienates him and people like him due to poor management of resources.

And now I know for sure LunaticAsylum is a troll.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Actually, those changes in World of Warcraft are quite good! They should implement class feat trees too.

Silirion is one of the best game directors, and he managed to revive Age of Conan and add a lot of interesting progression into the game. No, he is not perfect; but none of us are.

Silirion had the proper understanding of how world bosses should be implemented (but he cancelled the idea of world bosses, which was lauded by community at that time): he wanted to spawn them only in PVP areas.

Actually, every game, subjectively, suffers from bad decisions, inasmuch as it is impossible to satisfy everyone's needs...
    before silirion

.... lets say 50k players on eu servers

Hard core PVP 24/7 in every area in game
    no gear grind
    no aa grind
    no easy way bori
    classes skill based and different and not smashed to one

after silirion
    100 players on fury
    6 active level 80 on rage
    500 maybe on crom?

yea he did revive the game ,I really must agree with u

not to mention that classes are now dull and boring and its no matter what feat tree u spec they are all the same

and dont come say crom is alive,

crom is server wich is filled with every server in game

yankee servers, russian servers,polish,french,germans, and intenrational u cant say its alive
    Last edited by razorkid10; 1st September 2014 at 09:58.

Meh, flying mounts was a PvE crybabies only escape from PvP on PvP servers. I honestly hope they don't implement it. It'll be more like original vanilla WoW that way.

Morrison is gone, who cares where he is now and what he's doing there? The people with still hurting butts, that's who.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast