Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW taking a page from FC's book.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Silirion is one of the best game directors
    Trolls gonna troll.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Morrison is gone, who cares where he is now and what he's doing there? The people with still hurting butts, that's who.
    My butt will never heal after the tremendous pounding that Morrison did on it while he was in charge of this game.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 1st September 2014 at 20:18.

It is my honest opinion, though I do disagree with some of the decisions in the game made by the previous game director.
    If someone has a discrepancy of opinions, there is no need to incite belligerent conversations as the Internet-slang epithets mentioned above will be pertinent exclusively to you.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Ah, so funny to see people still whining about Silirrion. One could almost think they have forgotten Gaute :P
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

No way they will take away flying mounts in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Ah, so funny to see people still whining about Silirrion. One could almost think they have forgotten Gaute :P
    Not gautes fault aoc got pushed out before it was ready. Craig was a far more destructive director
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Not gautes fault aoc got pushed out before it was ready. Craig was a far more destructive director
    You and I must not have played the same game between launch and the inevitable step-down of Gaute if you believe that.

Have you honestly forgotten the arrogance and the "I'm-the-GD-I-know-what-I'm-doing-better-than-all-of-you"-attitude that Gaute had? Sure, Silirrion had his quirks, no doubt about it, but Gaute was at least 10 times worse.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

You and I must not have played the same game between launch and the inevitable step-down of Gaute if you believe that.

Have you honestly forgotten the arrogance and the "I'm-the-GD-I-know-what-I'm-doing-better-than-all-of-you"-attitude that Gaute had? Sure, Silirrion had his quirks, no doubt about it, but Gaute was at least 10 times worse.
    Gaute had a vision at launch, to make aoc something different. He had his faults and was at times oblivious to reality.

Craig also had a vision, which was to turn aoc from something unique into a korean grind fest.

I'll take the eccentric lunatic over the guy who exults in the idea of 12 hours worth of play meaning .01% advancement to your current goal.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I am the average person, not eccentric. No taking me! I am taken by my Herald of Xotli: she is hot, and she has fire!

Still, I have never had the feeling of the "Korean Grindcore Festial" akin to Lineage 2 and Aion. When you always have something different to do in the game, be it crafting, PVP, doing quests, raids, even role-playing (Scavenger in Guild Cities and Horse Racing are kind of role-playing events, for example), you do not feel any annoyance.

We do not know a lot that has been going behind the scenes. If you talk to someone from the team, you may find out how Craig was trying to do some things that you, Unutterable, surely will like; but the team balanced or rejected them.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 3rd September 2014 at 08:56.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Scavenger in Guild Cities and Horse Racing are kind of role-playing events, for example
    No! Racing is not role-playing. Same as Project CARS will not be a role-playing game - even if you can't afford the vehicles in real life.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

but Gaute was at least 10 times worse.
    Gaute is responsible for AoC's inception. He's the reason why we have fatalities, a unique combat system, good character models, animations, mount movement, etc.

For these reasons alone, I'd say Gaute was better.

Craig was more of your "play-it-safe" kinda guy imo. In terms of content all he really did during his tenure was add 6 mans, solo instances, and raids. All good stuff, but all generic. He didn't do anything to make AoC unique, to set it apart from the crowd. He followed the same formula for failure that many other mmorpg's do: try to "out-WoW" WoW. Which never works.

But both of these gentlemen are long gone, and I'm sure neither one particularly cares about this game anymore. Suffice to say, neither one should have remained at the helm for as long as they did.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 3rd September 2014 at 23:18.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast