Thread: Bloody Vengeance Still Viable?

Default Bloody Vengeance Still Viable?

So I have been working on my rotation, and I had spoken to some of the Guards in guild, and they say that Bloody Vengeance was nerfed big time, and is complete crap at this point, so not worth using ever. Is this true, or is it viable?

It's only viable when you need a quick no step combo to finish off someone in pvp. It's useful, but don't spam it because it removes all your vengeance stacks.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

When it removes your vengeance stack, is the damage increased based on how much vengeance stack was consumed?

Yes, x10-stack will give higher damage
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Harcesis View Post
    Yes, x10-stack will give higher damage
    Yes, but I hear the damage has been nerfed to the point that it's practically useless. Has anyone parsed it to see if it is still a viable means of attack, or is it trash at this point?

your better off not using BV unless desperate for a quick kill. It uses your vengeance stack and you get more dps over all from that then the combo.

The only real time to consider using BV is an instant before your stack is about to time out, IMO. Always better to keep your stack high if you can.

I actually never use it in PVE scenarios; however, I haven't really PVE in like half a year on my guardian. But I will say that I do use it in PVP pretty often and I am one of the only guards on set that uses it frequently, and I use it even with a x1 Vengeance stack. It PVP it is still really good if you use it properly , in a combo sequence, there are some ways to use it.

For example, to kill a caster or sin off a KB before they get up BV is an awesome tool.

Charge target
    KB target
    Disable + reckoning
    Preloading Counterweight
    Cancelling Counterweight after 3 hits
    Bloody Veangeance

also BV is really quick, so you can do extra damage on targets running away or finishing targets off... Don't be to concerned with losing your BV stack it regenerates so quickly. I personally think BV is awesome..

Good for fatality spam, same like decapitation