Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help ..Would be more than welcome..

Default Help ..Would be more than welcome..

How Does a new Bs with no khithai gear..( I have full tier2)and some parts of epics from Khithai instances.deals with Drostan?You know who he is..last boss in the ship Dead mans hand..He is practically unkillable..I can kill Accalia and Vayaspara but Him?Meh its unbelievable how many wipes I have..Is there any specific tactics that would help?Or do I need perks and khithai major parts to defeat him..Please help..i need revenge..and rares..!!!

It's not too bad on shammy. Have blues and greens running of course. Use your protection rune - he does unholy. As for the rats, cc them. Kb, stun, etc. Run the manifestation that reduces dmg from enemies. Try and stand next to the barrels as well - the rats will los around them a bit. I went in there with my crappy shaman a while back and it was ok. And you've always got the big heal.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I had trouble with my new guard killing him. Stand between him and the wall between the barrels should help you greatly in killing him like Mash said and the rats do crushing damage so shields stacked forward can help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    the rats do crushing damage so shields stacked forward can help too.
    On a side note, damage type has nothing to do with the directon of incoming hits. See:

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    On a side note, damage type has nothing to do with the directon of incoming hits. See:
    don't bother, seems hopeless to convince some ppl about it. Even official FC notes don't seem to do the trick hahahahah Its same than convising ppl that Combat rating fire doesn't give fire damage to a sword.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Run manif of spirit + Internal bleed right before you die, then release right after you hit the ground. The DoT will last enough to keep the boss in fight (so he can't reset) and you can run back into the ship to finish him (kind of exploit but hey, Drostan was never balanced so...)

Other tip is running both manif of forest and rune of grounding. Stand near the barrel as you can hit the boss + 1 or 2 rats, manif of forest will grant you +armor, resisting more to rats physical attacks.

And rune of grounding gives you total immunity to Drostan's spell. If you are low life at this time, launch Lycanthropic Bite and quickly strikes with 2 ranks of Crush Armor in debuffed Drostan+rats. AoE stun can be a real lifesaver too when you are overwhelmed by rats.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

those rats can be killed with just blue gear, with t2 it should be a walk in the park....

when he moves to summon the rats, follow him just in front of the 2 ballistas and turn to look at the exit door (so that all the rats will spawn in front of you), use manifestation of the forest and internal bleed as soon as they arrive (you'll hit many of them, and get a lot of extra armor from the vision), at this point you should be able to burn them down fast enough, then get back on boss...

repeat until he's dead...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

not really anything to do with the drostan tactics, but i have seem videos that you can click on the levers to get some buffs to help out on heal or protection (dunno what they do), and from thath video, the dungeon is bugged and not letting anyone click on the levers (i dunno about it, if its bug or not, or pp were exploiting the fight or not)

in terms of tactics, when the boss starts casting for the rats to spawn, run fast to the other side of the ship and stay there until rats come, giving you a few seconds to heal up that will make the difference (this is better made for squishies), but you shouldn't have any problem with t2 gear, like pp said, blue gear is enough (i think for bs, less than blue will be enough also)

and another thing, are you playing the normal or unchained version??? if you are unchained, then better go normal, practice there and own drostan, then go for unchained
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 16th April 2013 at 19:56.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    not really anything to do with the drostan tactics, but i have seem videos that you can click on the levers to get some buffs to help out on heal or protection (dunno what they do), and from thath video, the dungeon is bugged and not letting anyone click on the levers (i dunno about it, if its bug or not, or pp were exploiting the fight or not)
    IIRC, this is not the case anymore. It wasn't intended to have activable levers. These levers are for the Accalia ship fight (Not even mandatory at all, but can make the boss fight easier I guess)

But yeah, sometime Drostan is puzzling me. I remember the first time I did, it was with my DT. He was seriously kicking my sorry ass back to the depth of whatever the most horrible place a DT know is. Then I place myself against the barrel and suddenly it was a piece of soft, deliciously moist cake. I was grinding the Dead man's Hand every day, and he was no more trouble than Accalia or Vayaspara or whatever her exact name is.

So, when I went there with my BS; I expected an easy, "walk-in-the-park"-like fight. Ha. I was crushed by Drostan in a matter of second. So much that I had to jump on the barrels, and then on the eave/edge/corniche of the ship and kill him with a crossbow. Took me like 5 minutes. I was like "Ho come one, seriously, WTF?"

Then, for no particular reason, it became a piece of cake to do it the other times, without any exploit. I guess I get used to it. Maybe one day, I did by chance the best combination of good manifestation, good placement, good timing of feat or something and that I instinctively learn how to deal with Drostan.

But yeah, he can definitely be a pain in the ass the first time you fight him with a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    IIRC, this is not the case anymore. It wasn't intended to have activable levers. These levers are for the Accalia ship fight (Not even mandatory at all, but can make the boss fight easier I guess)(...)
    good to know its not bugged...

to OP: try doing what i said, go away to the other end of the ship when drostan starts to cast the mice to heal your self a bit, he will follow you there along with the mice, but this fight depends a lot on each class (some take advantages of minions for example)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast