Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: questions about some reaver stuff

heh yes - do you even play barb? and yes check it out then say first... i only said the truth what use you can get of af and certainly many feats are broken - says other things then does - and FC ocasionnally ninja change description - ofc it all comes to make it underpowered certainly, and yes weapon damage mulitpier% doesnt give you much - lol i often with 300% or even 600% didnt see much diference and for sure it doesnt make all those dps tools from reaver proc diferently - which is wierd since sin gets bigger damage from combat rating or dex on magic skills while barbs count as slashing etc.

and yes i found barb sometimes not bad class to pwn here and there from time to time especially noobs while they have to learn a lot about this game but imo barb is a gimp - and only capable of making scores in pvp with few actually hackneyed approachs, arcane marauder ftw - does everything has to rely on this sh1t?

ive been looking closely to all classes amount of damage in pvp against me, an barbs are with NO doubt the ones that inflict less damage, and its not a small difference:
    - sins with khitai gear against me with +pvp5 gear inflict 500ish (each hit) damage from their one-click combos
    - bs inflict 600ish (each hit) with their crush armor combos
    - rangers you all know what they do
    - mages depends on their gear/player
    - tanks/poms i wont even comment
    - and barbs, well, barbs against me inflict around 400ish (each hit) with butcher 9 combos (and its not a gear issue, its class, i have the same problem when hitting others)

the funniest thing i find about barb is the fact they die as easy as cloth armor class, how stupid is that??? (on pvp) at least if they where tougher than sins for example, that i see rushing in the middle of 3 players, killing one, and running away with half/more health - 2 players IS ALWAYS enough to kill one barb, but the same rarely happens to a sin that uses cloth armor (yes, i know the sins has its tools, but why doesnt the reaver barb have them also, since its made to be half sin?)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    ive been looking closely to all classes amount of damage in pvp against me, an barbs are with NO doubt the ones that inflict less damage, and its not a small difference:
    - sins with khitai gear against me with +pvp5 gear inflict 500ish (each hit) damage from their one-click combos
    - bs inflict 600ish (each hit) with their crush armor combos
    - rangers you all know what they do
    - mages depends on their gear/player
    - tanks/poms i wont even comment
    - and barbs, well, barbs against me inflict around 400ish (each hit) with butcher 9 combos (and its not a gear issue, its class, i have the same problem when hitting others)

the funniest thing i find about barb is the fact they die as easy as cloth armor class, how stupid is that??? (on pvp) at least if they where tougher than sins for example, that i see rushing in the middle of 3 players, killing one, and running away with half/more health - 2 players IS ALWAYS enough to kill one barb, but the same rarely happens to a sin that uses cloth armor (yes, i know the sins has its tools, but why doesnt the reaver barb have them also, since its made to be half sin?)
    What is with all this whining about barb? I mean sure it have its problem but imo its most balanced class atm. Does some other classes need to be toned down? sure they do, but saying that barb, reaver or zerker is incapable in pvp is just not true.
    If you cant rush in as reaver barb into 2 players and almost kill or kill one and run away than its l2p. You do have all possible anti cc to be able to dish your dmg, and that dmg is really high. I mean bone shatter (wich is aoe and not hard to land) with all bufs deals tons of dmg, also upheaval is useful as 2he combo.
    Just dinged pvp 8 with barb and for fun respecced to reaver/general and did some JS yesterday with it. 13/9, 11/4 and 17/21. Nothing special but it showes that reaver barb can kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    What is with all this whining about barb? I mean sure it have its problem but imo its most balanced class atm. Does some other classes need to be toned down? sure they do, but saying that barb, reaver or zerker is incapable in pvp is just not true.
    If you cant rush in as reaver barb into 2 players and almost kill or kill one and run away than its l2p. You do have all possible anti cc to be able to dish your dmg, and that dmg is really high. I mean bone shatter (wich is aoe and not hard to land) with all bufs deals tons of dmg, also upheaval is useful as 2he combo.
    Just dinged pvp 8 with barb and for fun respecced to reaver/general and did some JS yesterday with it. 13/9, 11/4 and 17/21. Nothing special but it showes that reaver barb can kill.
    show me 1vs1 fights with reaver barb and then im convinced...
    and i know that barb is not a sin to rush in to kill 2, its not the class style of play, not for zerker neither reaver
    the think is, i always try to play for the team, but most pp try to play for k/d ratio, so, since im barb, im on top list to be targeted by casters, sins, and barbs, and lately it seems all conqs also lolol, so the issue is surviving and not killing (with a good team, yes barb can kill, with bad team, only zerker can do something decent and maybe hybrid)
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 15th April 2013 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post

Barb needs to be mobile all the time(as sin), and AM is the best speed buff(sure there are higher %s of speed buffs but not as often useful like AM), if you are reaver without AM, you can still kite and not be kited that much cos of insanely easy 5m range Jagged Cut combo lands(and there is hybrid: haste+AM). Also barb is the only rogue can feat in all anti CCs in general without loosing much. Barb could use a buff or some other classes could use a nerf. AoE CCs, Anti-CCs, optional Blood Rage and Mobility is which makes barb differ from other classes, which makes it fun to play. Ppl I know who are very good at barb dont want any buff or any simplification while buffing barb but to nerf few other OP classes. I think myself an average barb in pvp and I want some more 2 handed dps.
    Last edited by SlightlyMad; 15th April 2013 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Barb needs to be mobile all the time(as sin), and AM is the best speed buff(sure there are higher %s of speed buffs but not as often useful like AM), if you are reaver without AM, you can still kite and not be kited that much cos of insanely easy 5m range Jagged Cut combo lands(and there is hybrid: haste+AM). Also barb is the only rogue can feat in all anti CCs in general without loosing much. Barb could use a buff or some other classes could use a nerf. AoE CCs, Anti-CCs, optional Blood Rage and Mobility is which makes barb differ from other classes, which makes it fun to play. Ppl I know who are very good at barb dont want any buff or any simplification while buffing barb but to nerf few other OP classes. I think myself an average barb in pvp and I want some more 2 handed dps.
    i agree barb doesnt need to much changes, more like the other classes are overpowered to them, but we all know the others wont get nerfed, specially since mages revamp are next, so they are going to become even more powerful (the way funcom does things) which will make it even worse

i'm happy with zerker, pp say it lacks damage, but i disagree, i get good k/d on average group (10-4 for example) and on good group deaths got lower, and most important, i can play 1vs1 against any rogues/mages, healers and tanks i can brind them down to less than 25% health and then must run cause they are full of bubbles (of course, this depends on the skills of the other player also)...

i'm also happy with hybrid, get similar results as zerker but the biggest problem is changing weapons, not because its difficult, but sometimes lag doesnt help (my worste enemy in pvp )...

but the reaver, dam it delivers damage yes, but with no healer on group you die more than you get close to anyone, and i simply havent found a way to 1vs1 against rogues/mages, and i dont feel its the tactics, its just to squishy, and theres nothing to save our ass like in zerker there are CC's and the stance to heal a bit and reaver has none except an antiCC, predatory instincts doesnt work against magical damage and only delivers 15% evade that also doesnt make any different with perks on for hit ratings plus gear (i know, we can change weapons to cc but then again thats not the idea, its supposed to DW) and then theres the back in fray feat that only heals up 700ish while giving 3% evade/immunity, its plain useless (if back in fray was stronger in the heal department or create a higher % then maybe it would give a better chance to stay in fight a little longer to make the difference) - barb has no decent bubble, and most other melee class have one decent (the perk only gives 60% and has a CD of 1.3min if not mistaken, tried it and never found decent difference also)

I used to whine about not having DW CCs but as getting used to swapping weps and my latency getting better(200+ to around 100), it became less of a concern and CCs with two handed range is better than 1h range. Tho unified CC combos(like conq's throat slash/same combo diff. animation) could be useful.

15% evade from PI is shiet, yeah. I tried What It Takes and it certainly counts as a bubble, tho barb doesn't need a bubble.

you ever tried using that zerker spec in 1 on 1 with someone who grasp who is he playing and have at least decent gear/aa? i dont think so you would change your thinking then - of barb is capable of killing clothies but who isnt and in comparisson to other classes who dish out much more damage then op everything looks really stupid to me since barb supose to be damage dealer ...

so i aware you once more barb has design from past era when that could work and now he is a gimp ... or a cd whore at most - again where veveryone goes much better if, yeah like yesterday some bs was running in kesh with some pve weapon and was like hitting for 5k without crit in one ferral growl - i mean wtf is this? it was while i was playing sin - not much armor but ok explain me where da f does he have kind of dps - you wouldnt certainly see it in skills and attributes menu and btw i think its the heritage of recent GD where he implemented 'progress' at such a scale as well as disbalance since pve was first prirority - and instead of making it wothwhile to play and more interesting at aproaching it he just put the item and triers prirority ... and breakpoints - at least i think so trying to understand unexplainable things in here.

and well i used to play reaver general as well - its not that bad but you can forget abut stance tbh - you got plenty of anti cc some not bad bursts max on clothies since not big stable dps and in 1 on 1 situations what it takes is must plus ofc a bit luck ...

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    you ever tried using that zerker spec in 1 on 1 with someone who grasp who is he playing and have at least decent gear/aa? i dont think so you would change your thinking then
    Yep, we make our specs then exit the game without doing any pvp

Barb has lower damage than conq and that should be corrected. About same should be ok than the diff. will be mitigation,bubbles and the barb stuff I mentioned above.

just improve br healing a bit and make staggering blow to leach mana (best dt nerf ever)if need anything at all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast