Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Having HoX Trouble

Default Having HoX Trouble

Hello, I've rerolled my HoX and having troubling with the base damage. Right now I'm almost full faction gear minus boots with one of the better crafted blue swords.

Everyone on the server just calls me a baddie, which is ok cause I for some reason can't get into the HoX like I did in 2009.

I am feated in Avatar and possession.

Looking for any helpful hints or tricks , cause right now I'm not sure what else I can try.

Also, I remember the Transmorph skills going off faster, am I mistaken or did they add a cast time to one of the most under powered classes to the game. Also noticed cast time on CoA ? why ? I unfeated down that far in possession cause everything has a ridiculously long cast time for pvp.

Has the hox become a one trick pony with HFB ??
    Last edited by Utogi; 20th March 2013 at 15:49.

Is this more about PVP or PVE?

Any chance you could link your spec? http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_hox

Yes, Hellfire Breath is the big stick.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I'm PVP, well wannabe pvp

You template didnt load :|

Pve: try THIS

And read THIS

This way you'll have a good base

Edit: erf, pvp. I can't help you. sorry ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    I'm PVP, well wannabe pvp

You template didnt load :|
    Oh, I wasn't giving a template, I was inviting you to link yours.

If you're PVPing, here's a PVP spec to play with: http://goo.gl/FLdFD But I haven't PVPed since returning, perhaps one of our human-eating brethren can comment on any changes.

There's a hurdle to overcome in terms of PVP gear gap, too.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Oh, I wasn't giving a template, I was inviting you to link yours.

If you're PVPing, here's a PVP spec to play with: http://goo.gl/FLdFD But I haven't PVPed since returning, perhaps one of our human-eating brethren can comment on any changes.

There's a hurdle to overcome in terms of PVP gear gap, too.
    http://goo.gl/Cpzgz

PvP wise:
    I play with this, Avatar Spec
    It works fine, pretty fun to play and challenging.
    But you can also go for the more popular possession build that looks something like that: Poss/gen Spec

I don't find DPS being that much of an issue so as a beginner in pvp i'd advise you to go for at least a mix of wolves + BB gear if not a full wolve set. So you have a chance to survive a sin's bomb.
    Combos i use: Pillar II & III,Fire Lance, two last ranks of HS and BtD IV or III.

AA wise red shadows is a decent all around perk but you can get other stuff too. The things i find the most intresting to get after that will be the -20 sec on D.E's CD. and the -0.5sec cast on EoX for nice bursts 5/5 in anti-cc will help a lot aswell and then will of the sublime is a good hox feat.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    Hmmmh, 5/5 in flame lash is pretty useless. So is the mana drain of the fear. If you want to drain mana the mana combo should be much more efficient (and you can actually spec that way, pretty fun against DTs and mages Something like that)

Xolti's vengeance in pvp isn't very usefull aswell since you can't hit enough to make it stack very high and you'll cast Hfb much too often to keep the +1K combat rating on. How much does the Burning Hex hit for ? I doubt it's very high so i'm sure you could spend those points on more usefull stuff.

Don't either skip roots of hell. 50% KB resist when you are morphed is a lot ! You have slow combos so the more CC you can dodge the better. The extended root is pretty usefull in PvP with moving and jumping targets especially with the current sprint revamp where players are sprinting constantly.

My two cent
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Until you get some decent gear, I personally think the Possession/General build is more viable. Just my $0.02.

Which AA is the cast decrease for AoX, cause missed that one ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast