Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice Pvpers

Well the core problem is how do you make people, in a FFA game roam in a zone even when it is empty ? Because everything starts with an empty map...

The concept of Bori is simple. It's a "protect the convoy" type of game. Problem being... when the convoy is actually attacked... well the protectors aren't that eager to protect it. And aren't encourage buy some reward to do the job when it's tough. In the end it's kind of the same issue than in minis.

How do you induce competition, stubborness, pugnacity in PvP ? How do you make it worth the "pain" to stay and fight ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Well the core problem is how do you make people, in a FFA game roam in a zone even when it is empty ? Because everything starts with an empty map...

The concept of Bori is simple. It's a "protect the convoy" type of game. Problem being... when the convoy is actually attacked... well the protectors aren't that eager to protect it. And aren't encourage buy some reward to do the job when it's tough. In the end it's kind of the same issue than in minis.

How do you induce competition, stubborness, pugnacity in PvP ? How do you make it worth the "pain" to stay and fight ?
    Here's an idea for starters...

1) remove pvp exp for doing pve
    2) QUADRUPLE the pvp exp for PvP-ing in Bori
    3) add mini-game tokens as a reward for doing pvp in Bori, but don't make it a drop. Have it based on merit that's class specific. I.E. heals done, AoE damage done, most kills, most damage taken, highest burst damage. The bigger your group, the less xp you get. This will satisfy the premade lovers. Have the stats reset every time you leave the instance.

Forget the people who got pvp 10 by banging rocks. You can't change that and don't need to. They gimped themselves already by not earning it through pvp.

The end.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Also, the Bori zones are too damn big. If they cut them into 4, it would encourage more fighting over a smaller area. As it stands right now, there are players who avoid all combat in those zones and just wait for the aggressors to get bored and leave. On Set, when we hop in there to chase the farmers, they jump in the lake and just swim until we leave out of boredom.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

And #3 would be easy to implement. Have 10 or so quests pop up when you enter the instance and have them simply reward you when you complete the 'quest' and just reset by themselves.

The end, again.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    Also, the Bori zones are too damn big. If they cut them into 4, it would encourage more fighting over a smaller area. As it stands right now, there are players who avoid all combat in those zones and just wait for the aggressors to get bored and leave. On Set, when we hop in there to chase the farmers, they jump in the lake and just swim until we leave out of boredom.
    OMG definitely dry up that lake!
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

To Hrigger:
    Ok know i scan the zone, No one in CE... i don't go there... i'll go Kheshatta duel while waiting for minis.

This is the purpose of digging. Having something to do in this awesome zone when no one else is there. And thus by your only presence in zone encourage players to come and fight for your piece of cheese. Nibble pieces or grap the whole lot. Bori does that, and it works Ok when it's guild base and that pride comes along. But when it's pug well instead of fighting for an insane époisse your fighting for some industrial cheddar... now wonder pugs give it up so easily.

It's easy to say "just pvp in CE" ... but how do you make slightly more intresting than bashing each other two steps from rezpad till finally one groupe has enough players to avoid being killed by respawn ?

EDIT: Why the hell would questing in CE when it's empty be any diffrent than digging ? Why would people stay ?

Side note: if you haven't tried both those cheese it's time to try! To americain members though: Consume with caution !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    The lake thing is lame yes... but i disagree the map isn't too big. The problem with the lake is the same as the lack of fighting spirit. Nothing to do with the size of the map. The main issue i find is how to induce the players to who you've stole the holly cheese to turn into hunters and have something to make you lose even if you're not going to be digging
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Or make it so that if someone spends too much time in water, they eventually sink and drown. I mean, geez...how long can you tread water wearing full plate armour?
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    To Hrigger:
    Ok know i scan the zone, No one in CE... i don't go there... i'll go Kheshatta duel while waiting for minis.

This is the purpose of digging. Having something to do in this awesome zone when no one else is there. And thus by your only presence in zone encourage players to come and fight for your piece of cheese. Nibble pieces or grap the whole lot. Bori does that, and it works Ok when it's guild base and that pride comes along. But when it's pug well instead of fighting for an insane époisse your fighting for some industrial cheddar... now wonder pugs give it up so easily.

It's easy to say "just pvp in CE" ... but how do you make slightly more intresting than bashing each other two steps from rezpad till finally one groupe has enough players to avoid being killed by respawn ?

EDIT: Why the hell would questing in CE when it's empty be any diffrent than digging ? Why would people stay ?

Side note: if you haven't tried both those cheese it's time to try! To americain members though: Consume with caution !

Well who says you need a constant reason to be in Bori if no one is willing to go in there? PvE farming for PvP xp is wrong in principle. The incentive to go into Bori would be to get lots of pvp xp without having to queue up and meet some kind of minimum number of players, flag count or time limit. Minis are already frustrating enough with their poor balancing algorithm. If you need some rare mats... put them in Bori... Create some other incentive other than pvp xp from pve. If people want to duel in khesh until minis pop or Bori gets some visitors, that's totally fine with me. You're free to do what you wish with your time. Let's just be clear in how pvp xp is gained. It should NOT be attainable by freely digging and taking a trip to an altar.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast