Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make tos more viable in pvp

Default Ideas to make tos more viable in pvp

Some or all of these changes would be helpful to bring this class on par with others in pvp in my opinion.

1) Change storm crown to debuff target every 1 or 2 seconds instead of 4 OR modify storm field to apply torment on each hit. Right now it takes 20 seconds to give a target a 5x stack ... they have already run away if they needed to by then. Fighting a tank is virtually impossible if they know how to play with such slow debuffing. Most spells do laughable damage to them.

2) Increase the length of storm field by 10 seconds. Part of the problem for dps'ing is having to constantly recast the spell during combat. This takes away from being able to cast other dps spells.

3) Most classes don't have mana or stamina issues so reduce the mana cost of storm field if number 2 is a no go, maybe by 50%. tos has serious mana issues even with mana taps if the fight goes longer than 30 seconds. This is also due in part to the high cost of the blue heal.

4) Increase the amount of energy that tos has innately to make it more viable to maneuver around in combat or modify/add the tos mana tap ability to energy tap. If played with storm field, the class is closer to a bear shaman than a pom.
    Last edited by sanagav; 6th December 2013 at 06:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    Tos is viable in pvp. You should duel with Best toses to see your faults maybe..but The things you Write in here r not logical.

We r already in trouble coz of unbalanced revamp on conq and pom..
    ToS is viable. I never said it wasn't. Asking me to duel someone else doesn't change the problems with the class. You didn't mention anything in particular I described leading me to believe you don't play it. Thanks though.

One more thing.. tos is one of the weakest duel classes in the game. This post has nothing to do with duel. I know how to play the class already.
    Last edited by sanagav; 6th December 2013 at 06:24.

He has a point about the mana issue though.

I doubt he was asking for the class to be mana management free, but compared to the other 2 priests tos mana gets depleted so much easier its not even funny - and this is from personal experience since i got all 3 priests (pom/tos pvp10 - bs pvp9).

Also i would like to see Static Blood working properly because atm the retributive dmg its supposed to be doing does not work in more than 50% of the cases.

But in overall tos is fine, problem again (same as with hox) is the OPness of soldiers that 2shot you while you need 2 mins to burn them down :P
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

ToS is viable but not very nice atm. It's more like HoX situation than other classes.

Revamp took away damage from stormfield+instant elemental wrack so we loose DPS. Meanwhile in the same time conq got buffed so it's kinda depressing to see Stormfield hitting them for barely 300 damage (14k hp at this rate...) and you take half of this just in retributive damage.

Debuffing is still horribly long, and CC's are not exactly the bests one among priests.

So you talk about duels, Fsen, i agree, although i don't duel (i ****ing hate that) i know ToS can do well by kitting. Duels often happens in close arena without ability to run out.

But in open world/minis it's just sad to see you take age to debuff a soldier+damaging it, avoid cc's and use wisely yours.

The poor damage you deals to them is also an issue since ToS mana relies on % mana tap, so the longer the fight, the harder it gets mana wise.
    And finally, when you put them @20% they start running in def stance and you have nothing to finish them off. So they ran, going in 1sec in OOC regen and 10sec after they come back to you when you have used many of your CD before in the first encounter.

Need TTS imo

FSEN please stop responding you are just trolling. You don't play ToS therefor your feedback is not welcome. I never said it was weak or not viable. Things to improve it to make it a more viable PVP class.

vi·a·ble adjective \ˈvī-ə-bəl\
    : capable of being done or used

: capable of succeeding

: capable of living or of developing into a living thing
    Last edited by sanagav; 6th December 2013 at 15:24.

It's like me telling you what should and shouldn't be done about BS when I don't play one. See the point? Ok thanks for playing.

take 1 sec off LS cast time with some better mana regen and BOOM viable.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Quote Originally Posted by Gkahn View Post
    take 1 sec off LS cast time with some better mana regen and BOOM viable.
    Ridiculous, then they basically become a PoM with permanent Immortal Wrath buff being able to cast main dmg spell every 1 sec, not the solution. Even more crazy if the silver AA is feated to take another .5 secs off giving it a .5 sec cast. Mana is the only issue with thwe ToS.

it was a joke dude chill lol.and even if they did do that it would not make it insain class. CCs are still long casts and the debuffs are a joke.

and it would only be for 12s every 45s? gota cast CL for thunderhead buff.not to mention the about of standing still LS takes.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast