Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

The cooldown is a bit long, but then again Epithur adds group wide magic damage buff. The losing hp part, I guess you mean Cannibalism, is nothing compared to Demonic Payment. Cannibalism takes 299 health.. But if you have less than 8500hp and you take damage on spellweaving stack increase and gain Demonic Payment, you lose all mana and die if you don't have a healer or a 1G health potion...

Every 2 seconds. 299 HP every two seconds. And you have to use it, because even without the SW mana drain (that annoying debuff that lasts one minute, and can be stacked 5 times), if you don't use it you're usually out of mana in less than a minute.

On the other hand, demos have tools that necros lack. I'd say we are both as squishy as the other, but for different reasons. And in a weird way, I find that a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Hehe, well each to his own, I guess. If you spellweave and pull, just hit the spellweave button again, cause you have it keybound, yeah? It takes less than a half second and you are ready to run. I even spellweave at Entity fight until I see the Aquiring Targets particle effect on me, then I go down and run. But then again some people die over and over again on the Beam even when not spellweaving.

You should NOT run if you pull agro, that makes it harder for the tank to taunt it off you, and the likelyness of another dps pulling it before you can get rid of it to a tank is very high. The key is having tanks that know what to do, and also to use Planar Shift and Subtle Illusion right before you do big nukes, or when you feel that you are going to pull soon, like for example when tank is low on hp and not hitting, trying to change agro to next tank..

A Demo not spellweaving is a waste of a slot in a raid. Yes, I'd go that far to say it is a waste of a slot. You are not maximizing your damage potential. Just look at the Spellweaving stack 6 buffs.

http://imgur.com/ifCyMnS

With stack 6 of spellweaving and then buffing with Hand of God, you can triple the dps of what you would have if not spellweaving. Agro is no problem, just use Planar Shift (7 meter range) or Subtle Illusion (5 meter range) before you nuke hard with Hand of God buffed. If thats a problem too, either use Misdirection or die. That resets agro completely and you won't likely get back in top of agro again for the remainder of the fight.

About Necro vs Demo squishyness, the Demo is far more squishy. I base this upon the reason of Necro has pets that can tank while using Frenzy, Necro has Lifestrike which can crit heal 1500hp+, Necro has Tome of Epithur that can permastun for 15 seconds.
    I probably should have emphasised that I only usually play my Demo's whilst drinking. I'm not exactly in the mode for high-end raiding or technical fights =D I do that with the DT and ToS. And I do understand the mechanics of the caster. I just seemingly play mine differant anyway, probably because of my history with tanks and healers. It gets embarrasing when you swap toons and you forget you're just pure DPS and cant find your heal =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Every 2 seconds. 299 HP every two seconds.
    Get Chilling Breath. Then it is 299 HP every three seconds. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    A Demo not spellweaving is a waste of a slot in a raid.
    That seems very elitist. Are you talking about t4? t3.5? t2? I can name several encounters where you would be stupid to SW to add a few extra points to some parse than can be manipulated. Parses are over rated and all your advice always seems to point to "how to be a parse whore", rather than "how can I dps and best stay ALIVE and finish the encounter".
    Doomsayer 2008

5/5 in Fury of the Underworld doesn't seem that great to me. As far as I know, the feat doesn't do what the tooltip implies: It seems to add 10% to the crit chance your pet already has, not 10 absolute points of crit chance, so that with a base crit chance of 15%, you get +1.5% crit chance.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That seems very elitist. Are you talking about t4? t3.5? t2? I can name several encounters where you would be stupid to SW to add a few extra points to some parse than can be manipulated. Parses are over rated and all your advice always seems to point to "how to be a parse whore", rather than "how can I dps and best stay ALIVE and finish the encounter".
    Call me elitist if you wish, but after playing the game for six years without breaks, it would be stupid to make advice that can not be used towards being a better player.

I have done T3 raids where my Demo had the same total damage done as the three other Demos in raid added yogether. Bragging? Elitist? Just doing my best all the time honestly.

A magic user not spellweaving is like a DT without VOM or a priest class that only spam heals...

Surviving is no problem at all if you dps the right way. Know the agro resets, know the tanks, understand to not go full out with tank on low health.

Spellweaving adds much more than "a few" points. The sooner any mob dies, the less damage tanks has to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    5/5 in Fury of the Underworld doesn't seem that great to me. As far as I know, the feat doesn't do what the tooltip implies: It seems to add 10% to the crit chance your pet already has, not 10 absolute points of crit chance, so that with a base crit chance of 15%, you get +1.5% crit chance.
    That is true. Got to spend points somewhere to progress down Havoc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Parses are over rated and all your advice always seems to point to "how to be a parse whore"
    Just have to add.. Stuff like this usually comes from either dpsers who can't be in the top tier on parsers, or from tanks who constantly drop agro to dps. I do use combat logs and parse tools for purposes of selfimprovement, and spotting the slackers.

Parses are the only tool we have in Age of Conan as to determine how a player is performing. On fights where there are enrage timers, dps is essential for success. Knowing who performs well and not is very important, and for Necro and Demo especially at Entity. 200dps difference on one or two characters may very well be the difference of a wipe or a kill. There was one Entity kill where a guildie sent me a tell after the kill, "how did you parse 350 more dps than me?!" I pulled up the parser, and checked damage sources, and I had casted Fires of Gehenna 43 more times than him, while having the same or a bit more hits from the other spells. He was slacking, I was not.

I was in a KK run the other day and the Guardian kept dropping agro on the sisters in Malice. Me on my Assassin, I was balancing the bosses, dpsing when I could. And constantly grabbing agro on the Guardians boss just after a few combos. Pulled up my parsing tool, and quickly noticed he did not use Shield Slam or Guard Destroyer, and only used Cry of Havoc once the past 5-6 minutes before the group wiped due to him getting emotes.

Point is... If everyone could be the "parsing whores" that you describe, and not only the people who are a bit above averagely interested in the game, there would be much more successful groups and raids. The parsers never lie... Some classes gets more for free than others just by group setup but the point remains, if you do most damage, you are on top of the list. If you slack a lot, you are towards the middle or even bottom of the list. Thats just the truth, there is no circumventing that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Get Chilling Breath. Then it is 299 HP every three seconds. :P
    Meh. Ice Strike is far from being the more mana-consuming spell
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."