Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Make rangers switch weapon to make kb instead of kb trap

Default Make rangers switch weapon to make kb instead of kb trap

If I am on a reaver barb and I get kb I have to switch weapons on my barb to 2h and kb the player. I don't see why rangers can't do this too instead of just tapping a button and plop anyone on their back.

I think rangers should need to swap to sword and shield and knock me back (like a barb) instead of having this super easy one button hit and I fall back.

Sense barbs (from what ppl have been telling me) are just fine, no reason why rangers should be so special.

I realize that most ppl who read this post will be rangers so I can see how they react.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

I like the animation of the melee kb, and i would like to use it more often. But the trap is essencial for rangers kiting and fleeing, since they have less running time than soliders and rogues.
    Last edited by CueQue; 23rd October 2013 at 07:38.

I think Linebreaker should be the kb that shouldn't be here. KBs at short range only.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

The troll strikes again...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Yeah, why would any class be a bit different than others? Let's make them all the same, combos, mechanics etc so throughthrdoor will finally be happy...

Many successfull games have a basic ruleset applying to everyone and then offer specialization or upgrades through classes or even classless. This can work as well...classes do not have to be like AD&D 1st edition.

If you see the trap as a short bomb dropped...the knockback would be aoe and instant. That sounds more like a mage or engineer to me than a ranger.
    So imagine a few more "ranger" or scout like activities:
    - spikes slowing the movement
    - smoke bombs adding various aoe debuffs to those near
    - poisoned weapons and arrows
    - shield bash (already there)
    - dirty tricks
    - traps that stick around longer but need time to build
    - dualweapon tricks, like parry options or disarming the enemy temporarily etc. etc.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd October 2013 at 07:58.

I can agree with that, Kurt2013, but on the other hand this thread was created by someone who out of his own will skilled his char (barb) for a certain spec and now complains about the downsides this brings and spams half the forum about wanting those downsides to be removed.
    I do agree that of all CCs the KB-trap is the easiest and most convienient to use, on the other hand it's not like you wouldn't know whats coming for you if a ranger lifts his hand.

I really wish Gathord was still around...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I like the animation of the melee kb, and i would like to use it more often. But the trap is essencial for rangers kiting and fleeing, since they have less running time than soliders and rogues.
    how many sec of sprinting time do you have if you don't have quick steps perk and you have the energy regen maxed in your aa tree

also if a ranger just had to switch weapons to use kb trap at least there would be a warning like a barb switching to 2h (the ranger just wouldn't need to land a combo)

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    also if a ranger just had to switch weapons to use kb trap at least there would be a warning like a barb switching to 2h (the ranger just wouldn't need to land a combo)
    there's a "warning" everytime ranger uses traps he raises his hands up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast