Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    I have a sidequestion about stats that I don't think deserves it's own thread....

I'm a new hox and use a poss/avatar build, basically having btd > 2 poif > mss/firelance as my priority with essence/avatar/inferno/curse/spitfire/exultation used frequently, but I find myself going out of mana pretty frequently in long fights with no regen breaks like dragon/yeti, and even palace/malice.

I'm going for the Brittle Blade set, which I hear is the best, but there is a problem with that because the stats are all physical/magical damage, with no int or mana regen that I can see. I've just got 2 pieces so far (though I've been using the demo/necro BB gloves over the hox ones because of the int and hit), but as I get more and more I will keep losing int in favor of str/cr/m. dmg., and I'm afraid my mana issues will worsen.

Anyone know what I should do? Is it maybe not good to have a full BB set, instead keeping some pieces that give mana/tap/regen?
    Apart from obvious 4h food and having mana pot running all the time u might want to specc fury of xotli for for free hfb and nice sound effect when u get the buff ;p

Oh don't get me wrong, I can fix the problem by popping a mana potion/moonspill, but I read in one of the threads here that hoxes aren't supposed to have mana problems? In any case, it goes against my sensibilities to pop a potion for every boss fight without a break like necropolis/flame/overseer olik

if you don't like to keep pots running all the time, you can try to feat demonic leech and ether thirst, but i'm not really sure if it's worth 8 points...
    there is also hellfire fist that can help with your mana problems, but it's quite deep in the avatar tree...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Id go with plain CR or CR (2he) whenever I can.
    Combat rating (fire) does not effect BtD dot - this is why legendary cloak sux. :P

Here is the test:

Test 1 - the baseline
    t4 sword
    28 str - 2 piece of lvl 43 dark ember,
    76 magic damage - amulet of the hell walker

btd dot: 275

Test 2 - flame tongue buff
    t4 sword
    1058 combat rating (fire) - flame tongue 5 stacks (posseion feat, use hfb 5 times)

Burn to death dot didnt change compared to the baseline test.

Is flame togue buff buged and the combat rating (fire) from it does not affect btd dot?
    Does combat rating (fire) from gear increase btd dot?

Test 3 - combat rating (fire)
    t4 sword
    28 str, 76 magic damage, 178 cr (fire) - demigod cape
    100 cr (fire) - amulet of good fortune with cr (fire) gem

which is 278 combat rating (fire) extra compared to the baseline test.

Combat rating (fire) from gear didnt affect btd dot either. Which leads to another question:
    Does combat rating increase btd dot at all?

Test 4 - pure combat rating
    t4 sword
    261 combat rating - from various green items

btd dot: 278

Pure combat rating increases btd dot. Combat rating (fire) does not.
    Last edited by medke; 3rd January 2014 at 14:08.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

On request:

Test 5 - combat rating (2HE)
    t4 sword
    25 magic damage - igneous gold ring lvl 79
    51 magaic damage, 282 combat rating (2HE) - shadows epic shoulder

btd dot: 278

Even combat rating (2HE) affects btd dot.

Thanks alot Medke.

So from the looks of it:

~270 combatrating generic or (2he) = 3 more damage each tick.

It's a shame how CR (fire) does not improve dot damage, but as Invino already pointed out the difference is really negligible

About what you posted Delred it's not really related to topic, but it's good proof to why Eye of the Watcher necklace can be considered incredibly strong for fights where bosses have weak magical protections.

Now Medke, could you do test for Pillars and Firelance? Burn to Death like you've shown does not have much potential in regard to what combatrating you stack, and I already kinda knew, which is why Im asking about Pillars and Firelance with new accessories that have combatrating (fire) released.

Please test magic damage, and Intelligence based magic damage aswell.

It should be pretty obvious that combatrating (fire) at least should affect any combo, like Firelance and Pillars, but Im only asking cause I heard Pillars is a hybrid, affected by weapondamage and magical damage.

Ive done some testing, not gonna post all the numbers, anyway it looks like magic damage has little to no effect on pillars combo, same goes for int.
    Searing hatred, the dot from pillars (if you have it feated) was higher with magic gear, but thats something to be expected.

All kind of combat rating works well, same as str. Both affects searing hatred aswell.

Fun fact, after an hour of testing naked and full magic damage gear, average damage from pillars naked was more than in magic damage gear (not counting crits and glancing hits).

Random component in fire lance is just way to big to test it properly, would need days to get big enough sample to say anything about it.

From my tests I don't remember combat rating or magic damage doing anything for Pillars and Fire Lance, only weapon damage.

I stoped testing fire lance when it did exactly the same damage with t4 and lvl 9 weapon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast