Thread: Current PVP rank system

Default Current PVP rank system

This system is without a doubt kills all of the pvp for new players. If it was just mini games I would say fine keep it , but for a pvp server, it is crippling to a new 80 facing someone with pvp 10 gear.

I understand the idea of rewarding players but the rewards create a massive gap between being competitive and just wasting time and most of the time a new 80 will not be retained.

Time seems to be a huge object with this game. People in the 21st centur aren't waiting around for years to gain pvp ranks. For the most part this system has been a huge waste of time for this community.

I've played grinding games , and to me the grind is on par with what I expect for a system of this nature. For someone else it could be a waste of time and money to even begin doing the pvp grind for gear.

I think the basic idea is good, but something needs to be done to make the game competitive for all players who enjoy the game. I really beleive that the current logic in place is not a sustainable one. Please give thought in retooling this system to benefit all players , not just botters.

The gap between t1 pvp and t3 pvp is not so big now. It is just hard to get t1 pvp gear when you come to 80lvl with 0pvp lvl.

Have to agree it's that first part that's horrible.maybe the suggestion that's been put out alot of bringing in a T0 set of pvp armour that's a bit under the T1 set would be the way to go to make it not quite so horrible when playing a fresh toon. Vets at least expect this atm but new players to the game will just get turned off pvp
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

This was big issue before. Now not so much, t1 gear is competitive and getting it is not that hard specially when you have daily pvp quests and pvp week festivals. Just find some friends, play game and have fun.

Thumbs up

make me smile who complain about the time it takes to make pvp gear now, if they were veteran players would not say this for sure, but still have to agree to give new entrants a set T1 pvp pvp at level 0!

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Have to agree it's that first part that's horrible.maybe the suggestion that's been put out alot of bringing in a T0 set of pvp armour that's a bit under the T1 set would be the way to go to make it not quite so horrible when playing a fresh toon. Vets at least expect this atm but new players to the game will just get turned off pvp
    any new player joining PvP in this game will be low on food chain, regardless of gear. The learning curve is steep and If they dont get tips and directions all the gear in the hyboria wont help.

that said, its hard to convince anyone new to go pvping. "hey its super fun, you just have to get beat by everyone else for the 1st 4 ranks, until you can get some gear!" having accessible starter gear its a good step to cover that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Just have them release some new PvP-Set as an incentive for those who are PvP10 since ages, make it marginally better than the current PvP T3, and availlable upon PvP10. Then set the level-req for each of the already exisiting sets down 1 lvl-bracket, so that current pvp Tier 1 armors are availlable at Lvl 80 Pvp0, current Tier 2 at PvP3 with adjusted cost to only gold, Tier 3 is the new minigame-set, Tier 4 is the new "Bori"-Set.
    That way all you need for PvP-Fun is a few gold, while the difference of a fresh-80 to a high-pvp toon from stats isnt all that high anymore, the rest is a skill-related issue.

/Flame on.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 15th September 2014 at 12:38.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Just have them release some new PvP-Set as an incentive for those who are PvP10 since ages, make it marginally better than the current PvP T3, and availlable upon PvP10. Then set the level-req for each of the already exisiting sets down 1 lvl-bracket, so that current pvp Tier 1 armors are availlable at Lvl 80 Pvp0, current Tier 2 at PvP3 with adjusted cost to only gold, Tier 3 is the new minigame-set, Tier 4 is the new "Bori"-Set.
    That way all you need for PvP-Fun is a few gold, while the difference of a fresh-80 to a high-pvp toon from stats isnt all that high anymore, the rest is a skill-related issue.

/Flame on.
    That could work but all those pvp10 players have nothingness aim for. The next pvp set should be for pvp 15 and introduce a t0 set slightly less powerfull then current t1 set but same looks.

That or in the craft revamp allow the addition of pvp stats via gems nothing op nothing that puts them on a par with t1 just something that gives them a slight change ancestors.

I recently started piping my pom on crom and it's pvp1 but he'll I die a he'll of alot and I know to expect it. Imagine a fresh player going 0/10 or 1/10 in a mini how demoralising is it for them.

There has to be a way to at least give them a chance to learn to pvp cause atm your dead in seconds so you give normal support to your team who are basically playing 5 v 6.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might