Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: LVL 80s killing low levels in Whitesands

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Hey we dont make the rules
    nah, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that 50 million "merge servers plz" and "my server is dead QQ" threads to realize that you guys kinda made your own bed because even tho ppl could change the outlook of your servers, most of you choose not to, or are content to let menial chit like this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    nah, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that 50 million "merge servers plz" and "my server is dead QQ" threads to realize that you guys kinda made your own bed because even tho ppl could change the outlook of your servers, most of you choose not to, or are content to let menial chit like this happen.
    the problem is you are all weak! Only the strong survive on Fury!

Personally i'm content with the state of fury . other than the fact guards are ruining the world pvp aspect since 2009. You only got the influx of players from the pvp servers because funcom dropped the ball and made tier 4 the new desirable pvp set. every pvper i knew went to the pve server to raid because noone on the pvp side wanted to. Then they nerfed t4.. its poetic justice if you ask me. on both sides of the coin..
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by harneyempire View Post
    Why ? WS is a low level zone. I enjoy low level PvP. maybe you enjoy high level PvP - we all have different taste - if your a lvl 80 - u have no business killing low level players.

In addition - this game population is suffering big time. There is no reason why the caps cant be put back on in Rage. In addition you did not answer my question.
    Two points :

1. Do not try to change the rule set of a server, when you selected this server you knew what you were signing up for and if you didn't tough luck.

2. If your a level 80 and WS is OPEN then you have EVERY RIGHT BY THE RULESET OF THE SERVER TO DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Your attitude is how guards were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    Oh yes, let's blame it on the "pvpers" some more! Wanna be the new tomhet?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I postulate for the same destiny for fury than rage server.

It's hard, for people who've been on PvP servers since the start, to take seriously these kind of threads.

Back in the days there was no Shield of the Risen. I remember some level 80 HoX camping Khopshef rezpad one shotting level 20s that had just rezed 1seconde ago. Keeping them stuck on a Rezpad. There was no criminal system and no guards either. You didn't either have fast travels to teleport safely from one point to an other while dodging all the potential ennemies on your path. And also, very few quests, especially at certain levels, so you often couldn't even chose to level in an other area because you had no quests and like most sane people you hate bashing mobs.

Some people loudly complained, some probably stopped the game aswell when they saw funcom didn't attend these "issues" with enough haste. But most players stopped complaining and adopted a simple solution: they joined a worthy guild. You'd almost always find there a guy or more eager to come help against gankers.

Note: until PvE became compulsory PvP servers where doing well and were more populated than PvE ones.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

^ Where is my up vote button ?
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Oh yes, let's blame it on the "pvpers" some more! Wanna be the new tomhet?
    If you do some thinking, you might actually have to partially agree to the statements you just criticized.
    Full-pvp servers were always the ones dying first in other MMOs (counting WoW, Rift, Warhammer Online - THE open-pvp experience to this day for me - and AoC), because the die-hard pvp faction of any MMO is but a fraction of their total player-numbers, EVEN IF the majority of the playerbase consists of PvPers like in WAR.

Call them names all you like, but the numbers of those keyboard-turning newbies, who were ganked serveral times until logging out and ultimately left the server/game for good are simply missing nowadays, further shrinking Fury's playerbase by the day.
    Who would have known if they might have turned into decent players if they resubbed ant hit 80? You guys? Don't make me laugh.

While I give credit to the playing-skills of many who have posted in this thread, sometimes it seems your brains are not as fast as your blades, sadly.

If that newbies dont use their brain and go to pvp server for first experience... Well ppl like that without brain will leave anyway when they ding 80 and get farmed 24/7 coz they dont use brain and cant l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    If you do some thinking, you might actually have to partially agree to the statements you just criticized.
    Full-pvp servers were always the ones dying first in other MMOs (counting WoW, Rift, Warhammer Online - THE open-pvp experience to this day for me - and AoC), because the die-hard pvp faction of any MMO is but a fraction of their total player-numbers, EVEN IF the majority of the playerbase consists of PvPers like in WAR.

Call them names all you like, but the numbers of those keyboard-turning newbies, who were ganked serveral times until logging out and ultimately left the server/game for good are simply missing nowadays, further shrinking Fury's playerbase by the day.
    Who would have known if they might have turned into decent players if they resubbed ant hit 80? You guys? Don't make me laugh.

While I give credit to the playing-skills of many who have posted in this thread, sometimes it seems your brains are not as fast as your blades, sadly.
    I can't agree with that. Sure some newbies are pushed away by some braindead gankers. But from there to making it one of the main reasons of AoCs lack of population there's a leap.

You have a game, advertised as a rough, bloody, sexy PvP game, and roughly a year after it's release: PvE is forced upon PvPers. And as time goes by, PvE gets harder and harder to dodge if you want to stay competitive. After 4 years of this treatment go figure PvP servers are the first to die.

It's rather amusing in a way. During the first year of the game PvP harassment issues where huge due to game mechanics but players founded guilds to shield themselves from most of it.
    Nowadays PvP harassment issues are rare and easily avoided "thanks" to game mechanics (and could be completely dodged) but players don't give a damn about guild spirit so they play alone and thus expose themselves.

These last 4 years i've barely ever saw people complain about lowbies getting ganked badly. If it wasn't for world bosses i doubt i've ever heard about it again. On the contrary, these last four years on PvP servers the loudest complains newcomers have had is about the gear gap and the need to go through PvE to get beginners gear.
    I don't have stats to back my words but i'd bet my left arm that there are far more players these last 4 years that got pushed back by the level 80 gear gap than by high levels ganking low levels...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast