Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I know both genius and I have both gone over 2400 on zodiac. It does require a good group setup but otherwise isn't anything special. I know that genius would do it with all combat rating/strength while I mixed in wisdom accessories.

Just go tali spec, aim for 53% or more mitigation and off you go
    I just love all those forum DT heroes. With 53% you are mostly dead meat on Zodi. 2400 while tanking single target Zodi boss is pure bullshiat.

On the side note, we have just recently tried to go with shields (while staying in full Desecration build) and it was actually really smooth kill without any nerves about low survival.

@Stira - yes it is mostly a myth, people keep feeding it thanks to beloved world boss with zero magic mitigations. Most of the DTs are just utterly useless. Join any Mona/Palace and you will see.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

In a perfect group setup it is possible yes. And it is possible to survive if you got a designated person to keep the buffing symbols away from boss so the DT can survive with the 53% mitigation. I've taken hits of up to 4k from the bosses when buffed, with 58% mitigation. So good luck with 53%

You can always stay on 55-56% with strength accessories and hit 1,8-2k without perfect setups,adjust the setup and you look at 2-2,2k easily and with minimal risk.

If you don't keep away the symbol that makes the corresponding boss hit like a truck it doesn't really matter if you are hitting 53% or 58% mitigation.You ll die all the same unless you get a bubble from a pom or something similar or 2nd tank to help you for duration of the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    A lot of people just seem mad that they can't do it.
    Yep, basically this. It's easy to think you're good on a DT because it is so damn easy to play the class. Sorry, maybe people just aren't as good as they think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    You can always stay on 55-56% with strength accessories and hit 1,8-2k without perfect setups,adjust the setup and you look at 2-2,2k easily and with minimal risk.

If you don't keep away the symbol that makes the corresponding boss hit like a truck it doesn't really matter if you are hitting 53% or 58% mitigation.You ll die all the same unless you get a bubble from a pom or something similar or 2nd tank to help you for duration of the enrage.
    Not to throw any fuel on the 'DT is OP' fire but with a well-timed bloodpact and healers that save their bigheals/celestials for when you actually need it in stead of spamming it when your HP vibrates between 85-100%, you can tank right trough a enrage.

Not that there is any reason why you would want to when you have a 2nd tank ready but it has happened to me a couple times when the other soldier was sleeping and bloodpact pulled me right trough it. Makes me believe it should be doable around 53% too. But again; no reason whatsoever to do that and/or gimp the dpsoutput of your raid by giving a DT all the good buffs just so he can look fancy on the parser.

first time i maintanked zodiac i had black dragon+ll hate legs+t3 wisdom talisman had 53%-54% armor mitigation on my tali build, i never did 2k dps mostly 1.4-1.8 while tanking, but have seen inguild on some animals dt's do 1.9-2.1k on a single animal, average a tali tanking dt without an idiotic setup to buff exclusively the dt can easily average 1.6k dps on the 4 animals while tanking and often have 4k dps spikes depending on the guys cc'ing season, the closer the season is the more things the dt will hit thus improving the health taps and the chances of maintanining at all times 6 vom stacks.

obviously the dps spikes reflect the season proximity wich takes double magic damage so it vastly improves dt's survivability in that fight, i seriously suspect parsers like act cant register properly splash damage wich main hits boss and at same time season.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

... people is only talking about the Zodiac here. All the QQ about the DT because one boss?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ... people is only talking about the Zodiac here. All the QQ about the DT because one boss?
    Is more about full t4 necro fails that can't do more dps than the dt.. that's why they QQ...honestly doesn't matter for me how dt is in pve...in pvp is OP

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Oh, it's prevalent on many bosses, just Zodiac is the poster child fight everyone brings up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast