Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOD- Mature MMORPG

Lightbulb WOD- Mature MMORPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkZHjKOY8g

- World of Darkness is a MMORPG based on the setting created by White Wolf Publishing. In development by CCP, this gothic MMOG will be based primarily upon the Vampire: the Masquerade and Vampire: the Requiem lore and emphasizes social interaction and political intrigue between players. Social climbing, backstabbing, and prestation will rule the night. Danger will be ever-present as immortal beings vie for control of vast cities and resources. How you gain power will be up to you and it all begins when you die.

General Information

Everyone starts as a mortal, becoming kindred is optional and can not be forced on you. You can play the entire game as a mortal only. (2011 – TGM)

They wanted to focus on vampires only to give depth due to focusing on only one playable supernatural on launch. (2012 – CCP-Chris)

CCP claims to have hired a fashion designer to help make the avatar clothing more realistic and stylish.

General Social/RP

Social interaction will be a must to fully engage in the game, especially if you wish to become a kindred. (2012 – Machinima Realm interview w/ CCP-Chris)

In response to a question about Malkavian's received any special attention like in Bloodlines they said that they want players to be able to play any kind of character than they want, thus they feel the best route to go to portray these is through player's roleplaying not through forced scripted events. (2012 - WoDNews interview w/ Jennell Jaquays)

Whereas GBLT issues and the like influence the game, CCP is trying to create a game that will be "a comfortable space" to all types of players, including those of different sexualities. (2012 - WoDNews interview w/ Jennel Jaquays)
    General PvE

They aim to have dynamic NPC missions and world events.

World Design

They defined the 3 types of game play:
    Coffeehouse - The social aspect, low to no conflict, casual, social, and/or RP player focused
    Theme park - The spirit of WoD, PvE content
    Sandbox - Primary focus and biggest part of the game, city control as a Prince
    (2012 – EVE Fanfest)

Some Game Features:
    Intense hand to hand (HtH) combat
    Vicious politics; players vote for other players for positions (like prince)
    Fashion with lots of styles and options
    Aiming for stunning visuals that age well
    (2012 – EVE Fanfest)

Should be fun ^^

Been waiting this for years now.
    Too bad it takes forever to come. Heard that they fired most of guys working on it. So its not main case for them

That was during 2011 i think

No,no...That was long time ago, now they have exactly 75 people working on WOD. Its info from 2013, they said it @ Fanfest few days ago. I think this game will be ready for 2014.

CCP is best gaming company, have also been waiting for world of darkness for too long
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Only interested in this because of CCP, I still play Eve to this day. CCP is a company in the gaming industry like no other and any other company should strive to be like them
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

still think this will be a 2015 release.

funny thing that came out of eve fanfest was that ccp pointed out that eve player population is 96% male and are trying to figure out how to increase female players in wod. that someone said women dig vampires made me laugh. also the mention of companion/followers crafting along the lines of the offline eve skill system sounded cool.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    No,no...That was long time ago, now they have exactly 75 people working on WOD. Its info from 2013, they said it @ Fanfest few days ago. I think this game will be ready for 2014.
    Thanks. When i heard they removed most of staff working from it i stopped following it because i knew it would take forever...

But, now you did bring light back to star. Ty

This has been the one that might take me away from aoc for good for as long as i first heard about this. It has taken it's time though so not waiting new info that intensively anymore but at least the city scene they showed a year ago was very nice and i just hope the game is at the level it should be when it's released. I'm sure this will be a game in it's own class. I loved those two solo games that were made before and the atmosphere was great. I'm sure they will do a great job with this mmo title and the fans of the franchise will get something very good.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    But, now you did bring light back to star. Ty
    Anytime See you there!

Or....In Age of Conan if it gets some spicy updates to make me wanna play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Anytime See you there!

Or....In Age of Conan if it gets some spicy updates to make me wanna play again.
    Not in Conan... Atleast not for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast