Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current Minigame system - yey or ney?

I remember that in the old thread it was mentionned that the current premade queue does not allow to sign up in group of less than 6, does it ?

If it would (that is : if premade queue worked like the old mini queue) it would be less of a hassle to get some of those games going ?

Also if premade queue was made more visible and not look like a hidden feature as it is now, it may help, I think. So that the info that there is some premade about to happen will be available to players who don't actively search for it (but wouldn't mind participating).

I would start with that and see how it goes before adding additional rewards or implementing server based rulesets.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Yes, i agree with you Iero, that would be, in my opinion the best first step. Make the two sign up visible at the same time. And fix stuff like, not being able to join if you missed the invite.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Seriously you guys wana farm people and over with your friends then hell make full raid of friends and for sake farm your own friends see how that feel. Plus if people love enjoying premades so much how come there is no sign up for premade.

because premade mini dont give progress...

that ppl still dont understand that. and still beleive ppl in groups just wanna farm....

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    You get full rewards from tournament mode. Campaign badge and exp. Big misconception you don't get any rewards in current tournament mode, you already do!

About Slith's proposal, I don't want to see any changed based on Crom/Fury/Rage differences.

Rather make incentive to sign tournament mode with guild also I like the idea to give conquest trophies to win tournament mode games!
    Since when? I tried it a few times once and there where no rewards. and i cant remember any patchnotes regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    if people love enjoying premades so much how come there is no sign up for premade.
    When people log on they don't want to spend 30 minutes trying to set up 2x6man teams. Or make plans several days ahead to make premades happen then and then for that matter.

Now listen, I don't believe in old queue anymore either, but they need to make tournament mode more attractive to people, so there's something to gain from fighting THE REAL WAY.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 16th March 2013 at 15:59.

First of all I don't think anyone who likes pvp enjoys premade farming random people. That is not the point of the post. It's about making current tournament system worth investing your time in. Tournament right now requires a lot more time investment (setting up/finding two full 6 man groups) for exacly same rewards. The very second 1 person leaves or the other team gets discouraged (because of loses) your little "premade night" is over or hindered.

The ideal scenario would be that current tournament is so good that people would sign up even when in group of 2-3 people hoping to get another 3 joining them just to be able to fight. That might be vanity armor, more tokens, more pvp xp, but SOME change is needed.

Just making underused feature and saying "its not used because people don't want it" won't cut it.
    Retired

I agree, a real good change for tournament mode queue would be to enable smaller groups to sign aswell, so you don't neccessarily have to find your opponents (groups of 6) manually all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    The very second 1 person leaves or the other team gets discouraged (because of loses) your little "premade night" is over or hindered.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I agree, a real good change for tournament mode queue would be to enable smaller groups to sign aswell, so you don't neccessarily have to find your opponents (groups of 6) manually all the time.

So true.
    Exacly! Random minis are popular because getting into them is fast, easy, convinient, rewarding and instant.

Tournament mode is the exact opposite for same reward.
    Retired

what I said before in old forum:

1. Rewards - good enough for both sides = ppl would be rewarded for participating, winners slightly better. Player who got all lets call it 'premade tokens' has no reason reward wise to join premade so most of characters joining them would be ones who want reward.

2. 2min timer before starting a game. When there is 12 ppl - 2 min countdown starts. If another team will sign - game will randomly choose teams which will be playing against themselves. This would be mechanic to avoid fight clubbing.

3. possibility to sign also in smaller groups - so you dont really need 6 ppl to join tournament mode.

as discussed before - that might need some resources (probably not that much) but in my opinion if new GD wants to fix pvp - he should start with reducing power gap(gear and AA) between veterans and newbies, fixing silly mechanics like instant ccs (what Lurvi proposed in another thread) and fixing minigames system - brining back minigame guild content. If he really considers making aoc pvp/pve game again - they should have enough resources to do such a things (hopefully this year.)

make it like it is in Call of Duty. There you have two signups

Example of this is:

Team Deathmatch - Everyone can sign up, with or without premade teams

Mercenary Team Deathmatch - you can only sign up alone.

this way minigames will keep the flow going for both sides.
    Smurfina
    Tempest of Set
    Member of
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    Located on Crom PvE EU
    | Zychic Priest of Mitra | Zycoz Herald of Xotli | Zychology Bear Shaman |
    Raid Progression | Apply to Audenets Fortuna Juvat | Recruitment Status

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast