Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bar potion in Mini games

It is good that noob healers are same useless as noob mages or noob tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    And how you will kill people if 2 healers can keep every clothie alive when it is focused? Try to imagine what tanks will do with 2 healers? Its not enogh for you that they do 20+ kills and you want tanks will go up for 50+ kills?

I see sins,demos,necros,and sometimes rangers do 20 kills...Nobody else ...I play minis every single day..But try to see the picture on the opposite side..Tank vs healer I mean..Tanks kill healers or not?i think they do..most usually...they take minimal damage..usually they win..So?...try to see the big picture here...Heals are almost non-existand in pvp..they need revamp..
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

And how you will kill people if 2 healers can keep every clothie alive when it is focused? Try to imagine what tanks will do with 2 healers? Its not enogh for you that they do 20+ kills and you want tanks will go up for 50+ kills?
    U will have healers too in ur team..Dont complain..They will keep u alive too..!!!!

I am happy with current situation about heal. AoC is not about healbots, it is about how to use your brain to be most helpful and learn to support and combine heals and cc. Not mindlessly spam HEAL BUTTON.
    No matter how effective u can utilize ur brain..When u have 2 or 3 on u..U don't live..U die..Thats why maybe(its not possible that u will live)a big heal can keep u alive..u never know..Use ur common sense..Use ur brain like u said before..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    U will have healers too in ur team..Dont complain..They will keep u alive too..!!!!
    LOLWUT? 50% minis are without healers. And on crom 80% minis are with afkers in your team. If you face enemies with heal as you want it will be impossible to take a single kill.

I see a problem rather in the insane instant burst some people have. Heals in AoC are mainly overtime. You change just this, you might get into trouble with killing healers. And if you mess with cooldowns for pvp, you can count on problems in pve.

Right now it is, 3+ vs 1, you are dead unless you bubble or cheat. Wouldn't it be better to exchange the instant burst with more build up mechanics (better for engine behaviour and learning curve too)?

While in pve part of the fun lies in progression and killing mobs (and more than one at a time there) very fast, the same is not good for pvp, imo. So it IS kind of a dilemma, but no one says things have to work similarly in pve or pvp (they already do not now, different formulae, stats etc.).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th August 2014 at 06:21.

OMG, this topic went overnight from just silly (no potions suggestion) to downright stupid (boost heals).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I see a problem rather in the insane instant burst some people have. Heals in AoC are mainly overtime. You change just this, you might get into trouble with killing healers. And if you mess with cooldowns for pvp, you can count on problems in pve.

Right now it is, 3+ vs 1, you are dead unless you bubble or cheat. Wouldn't it be better to exchange the instant burst with more build up mechanics (better for engine behaviour too)?
    Yes, right now if you go 1 vs 3, you are dead even with all the heals in game, thats true. Whats wrong with that? This is how its suppose to be, or are you telling me, there are ppl who seriously think you should survive it?

No thanks, burst dmg is what makes combat in AoC fastpaced and dynamic, of course there are few over-the-top abilities, but in general its pretty well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    I see sins,demos,necros,and sometimes rangers do 20 kills...Nobody else ...I play minis every single day..But try to see the picture on the opposite side..Tank vs healer I mean..Tanks kill healers or not?i think they do..most usually...they take minimal damage..usually they win..So?...try to see the big picture here...Heals are almost non-existand in pvp..they need revamp..
    Thats simply not true, you are just shamelessly lying mate. Heals provided by decently skilled and equipped healer make huge impact and having a healer like that in group is most of the time what makes a difference in winning or losing.

I am totally with you, when it comes to "when you fight 3 vs 1" the 1 should loose, healing or no healing. But this does not have to mean he dies instantly or in 2 secs max (depending on latency).
    Maybe if focused by 3 dps or assasins (or for classical trap situations where the others are in hide and ambush), but not by 3 random people. There should be time for the victim to either prolong the death or try to get away.
    It comes down to giving players choices. Good or bad and situational. Without such choices pvp is like playing with bots in a lottery.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th August 2014 at 06:32.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast