Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer vs Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Again lol. Badacai, Anatu, Ethicx, 'insert competent demo's name XX here' would like a word with you regarding demo in premades. Different class, different mechanics but necro isn't straight out better in every case.
    Then why none of these good Demonologists did not take part in the tournament? When most of the PVP players moved to Crom with free transfer, all the skilled demo's stay at Fury? lol
    Maybe you don't know that many tournament players have PVP 9 or PVP 10 demo's, but they chose to play with the necro or some other class.
    Last edited by Ernests; 6th August 2014 at 10:16.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    For the QQs of sticking pets and running. Same reason I play a ranger.
    use bombs for maximum effect
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Then why none of these good Demonologists did not take part in the tournament? When most of the PVP players moved to Crom with free transfer, all the skilled demo's stay at Fury? lol
    Maybe you don't know that many tournament players have PVP 9 or PVP 10 demo's, but they chose to play with the necro or some other class.
    The good Demos are located on Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Most of the big Russian guilds transferred to Crom, yes, but that is really all there is to it. You do know there were other people on Fury though, right? Just because NW/BS/IW were playing so much with each other doesn't mean there was nothing else. No guild could compete with those big names, absolutely true, but there were plenty of great individual pvpers scattered in different guilds. And many of those are still active now and combined with the pvpers from the US servers (many of those actually transferred from Crom to Fury) you do have a competitive pvp scene and premades going on. I can hardly believe there are no good demos on Crom, in fact I can think of some names such as Jezebeth but he seems to be mostly playing his ToS these days so IDK.

Anyway there are some videos of the Fury premades, I might start uploading some myself. Laethiel, Usedtissue and Badacai etc upload vids now and then. Maybe you should take a look if you think so highly of your dear Crom premades? Almost all of them feature demos often having to deal with 2 soldiers not hindered by a flag (since we mostly do deathmatch premades) among other things.

We had some good ones last night, I'd say the last one was pretty close to A team vs A team.
    Last edited by kalston; 6th August 2014 at 13:38.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Back to topic please. It's not Fury vs Crom, and it's not about players either.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    in fact I can think of some names such as Jezebeth but he seems to be mostly playing his ToS these days so IDK.
    jeze / trulyalya / abary / mentalmelt (?not sure)

we've lost half our good demos actually
    tho there are 2 or 3 american demos who try to cover this gap
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Acke, Firedeadly, Nakhtorheb and some other names - they are realy great demos and they play on Fury.

Thank you for your feedback, people.
    Based on the premades Screen shots, Demo is definetly better than necros. The demo guy was being very focused or he was very bad compared to the Necro.
    Based on people's feedback, Necro burst damage is very strong and nothing can get that out of necros.
    I think the latter is the most important feedback, since premades can have several variables.

My conclusion (not considering doing premades): Demo is a better version of the Necromancer but the Necro is almost there. Since my necro is already created and it looks more rewarding, i'm going to keep playing with it.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Feel free to keep discussing if you want.

Problem with necro in premades is you need to be stationary for 3+ seconds to do your burst damage. If they other team is doing their job you WILL have soldiers on you 24/7 and staying still to get a single ice strike off will be extremely hard. That's where I think demo shines; they can do a decent percentage of their total DPS while on the move and also they have quicker burst. Meaning if a target switch is called they can get at least 1-2K dps on target in a second, this is something that a necro cant do.

Now if your team has the upperhand and the necro is given time to cast longer spells by you team,the necro will absolutely have the upper hand over the demo.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Necros ccs are probably the worst of any classes, and demo has instant kb.
    Kinaputten

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast