Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What determines who gets the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    A little example to understand how the game "work":

Jonny the sin is fighting against Max the guard.
    Jonny is really bad and Max is owning him, but Jonny press his "Accelerated" ability and run away at 3% hp.
    Now Jonny is really far far far far away, there is now way for Max to go cach him.... Jonny is now safe!!!

BOOM! *TTS from George the ranger (ops PBS lol )*

Jonny has died!

Max the guardian who "failed" to finish his "victim" that have runned away from him, have now +1 kill and George the ranger, who landed the last "deadly" hit, nope.

Prolly the system is wrong, prolly is right, may be the last hit must count trought kills, who know, by the way this is the actual situation.

So don't wonder yourself if you "perform" 7 fatality in a mini and at the end you see only 2 kill in the results :P
    GEORGE!!!!!!! hehe
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by S4Char1n View Post
    I believe damage on player resets after player heals to 100% hp.
    Well, thats wrong . Do a test with two friends, bring them to border kingdoms, you dmg him from 100 to 5, let him heal up, then do the same again. Then let ur friend kill him and see who got it.
    Last edited by Chass-; 30th July 2014 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Well, thats wrong . Do a test with two friends, bring them to border kingdoms, you dmg him from 100 to 5, let him heal up, then do the same again. Then let ur friend kill him and see who got it.
    ...and if u die before the kill, who got it then? is it class dependable?
    Last edited by Vutra; 8th August 2014 at 08:16.
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

Pretty much any class in this game can burst a target from 100-0 pretty fast. if you learn how to do it you wont have a hard time getting kills.

Ofc it's hard with **** gear but make sure you buy the pvp 0 neck,cloak and rings and you will have a good chance in minis.
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Do the following:

>Create a Necro. Green gear/epic gear doesn't matter.
    >Sign up for a minigame
    >MotD, FTW and PB a single target. Run back to base if not safe and start spellweaving

You'll end the mini having a lot of kills and you actually did nothing for the team. Same thing can happen with demos, since it can stay at long range doing AoE spells.
    *I've played with both classes under this situation. My Necro was able to get more kills than Kenamun (good pvp 10 hox) twice.

This system is terrible and it creates a fake sensation of how overpowered/underpowered some classes are. It is not good at all.

maybe add range for spellweaving to be effective, or kill dots when kill necro

Quote Originally Posted by einartheblack View Post
    maybe add range for spellweaving to be effective, or kill dots when kill necro
    Dots should die when necro dies... However, this is way off topic. THis isn't about necros, its about what determines the kill. ANd if they change nothing, then the necro should get the kill in this scenario since those dots hit hella hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Do the following:

>Create a Necro. Green gear/epic gear doesn't matter.
    >Sign up for a minigame
    >MotD, FTW and PB a single target. Run back to base if not safe and start spellweaving

You'll end the mini having a lot of kills and you actually did nothing for the team. Same thing can happen with demos, since it can stay at long range doing AoE spells.
    *I've played with both classes under this situation. My Necro was able to get more kills than Kenamun (good pvp 10 hox) twice.

This system is terrible and it creates a fake sensation of how overpowered/underpowered some classes are. It is not good at all.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a nab than to speak out and remove all doubt
    @mrC
    should blue and green heals stop when the healer die? debuffs as well?
    back to topic...its dmg based...whatever that means...simple
    Last edited by Vutra; 11th August 2014 at 11:49.
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

I play necro very rarely, and i found strange this idea that many of you are having of removing necro dots at death.
    First of all ftw is 20 sec now, so not huge issue as it was and already noob necros are having huge problem getting kills.

Secondly imagine you are playing ranger and second before you are about to die you put down fire trap and hit opponent with deadly draw+advantage. Should your dots stop to?
    Or bs, barb, conq, hox, sin,pom if they die in instant they applied them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutra View Post
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a nab than to speak out and remove all doubt
    @mrC
    should blue and green heals stop when the healer die? debuffs as well?
    back to topic...its dmg based...whatever that means...simple
    Why would you consider heals and damage the same? I cant even out heal the necro dots sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast