Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question to Game Developers: PvP Gear: PoM vs ToS

They did it for class balance reasons, that's it really. They knew toses needed love while poms were strong to start with so they did it this way. Maybe it could be better but I think it's pretty good this way.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Maybe TOS has more defensive stats because it is a melee range caster? Also TOS have more mana regen because it actually needs it lol. It's clear you dont play TOS, but rejoice OP! You play one of the most OP classes at the moment, stop complaining
    yep m8 its true tos is ever at center of fight !

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Show me a build. At this stage, I've tried it all, so I am speaking on actual fact and not made up expectations.
    all i'll tell you is just that i'm feating through aura of nebthu to fangs of set)

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    They did it for class balance reasons, that's it really. They knew toses needed love while poms were strong to start with so they did it this way. Maybe it could be better but I think it's pretty good this way.
    i don't think its fair to touch on pvp gear which you don't have choice for now to balance classes, now you must wear pvp gear, anything else is not an option anymore really, so stats budgets must be same

Quote Originally Posted by vbird13 View Post
    why tos has more armor, prot and const? it should have more damage then, and now it jut has more everything: more prot, armor, const, mana regen, magic damage (after recounting wisdom)

i just dont see why there is different stats budget for 2 light armor priests
    As already said by numerous people, the differences in survivability stats are due to the fact that PoM inherently has significantly more survivability. Maybe balancing classes through gear isn't terribly elegant, but it is better than not balancing them at all.

And your point regarding magic damage is rather cute, considering how different magic damage coefficients are for ToS and PoM spells...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

here is speck i would use if had same armor as tos omg: http://goo.gl/9KgaeS

which imo is way better than general tree

here is speck i would use if had same armor as tos omg: http://goo.gl/9KgaeS

which imo is way better than general tree
    well use it...even without general, u HAVE more armor than tos..bah
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutra View Post
    well use it...even without general, u HAVE more armor than tos..bah
    yea and what about protection which always been my biggest concern?

OMG your class will actually have to choose between two viable builds based on your play style QQ. Sorry you can't have it all I guess?

Oh wait you can because you play the most well rounded class in the game
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 13th July 2014 at 17:28.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

yea and what about protection which always been my biggest concern?
    What is the problem you are trying to solve? You die fast to melee? YOu die fast to casters? TOS outscore you? Perhaps then we can help.

Armor is different for different classes because, that's what defines a class. Otherwise, we do away with all classes, make just one class with same AAs, and only difference is vanity. Everyone is the same. Boring if you ask me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast