Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HoX Raid Guide

You didn't need insanity\dark for Louhi drain blessing even pre-nerf.
    Chains of Anguish icon will only go on the mob you used it on.It will dmg that mob and
    any other that's in-between you and it (very narrow cone though, almost a straight line).
    No need for the mob to hit you or anything, it's a pure dmg dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophyra View Post
    You didn't need insanity\dark for Louhi drain blessing even pre-nerf.
    Chains of Anguish icon will only go on the mob you used it on.It will dmg that mob and
    any other that's in-between you and it (very narrow cone though, almost a straight line).
    No need for the mob to hit you or anything, it's a pure dmg dot.
    will test it again later but i am pretty sure about the hitting part. Can you comment on the build i post? thank you
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

If you're a HOX and you start the final fight in T4 you get a unique class specific quote from The Entity rather than the generic one.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    will test it again later but i am pretty sure about the hitting part. Can you comment on the build i post? thank you
    No need for the mob to hit you, just cast -> the dot starts doing dmg -> try to get as much as possible out of it by good positioning -> dot expires.That's all there's to it

As for the build, i'd lose Xotli's Vengeance as a start, and would prob try to decide between ava\poss, poss\gen, poss\ava, based on your
    preferred playstyle.Tri-breed is no good for HoX.

@Boesch: Yup, cause we're fluffy and we eat hearts <3

But how do you deal damage to entity as hox? :P
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

You obviously forgot Ryu's essay on Flame Lash and it's proper use, shame on you!

Edit: Hoxes need to stick together, I'll link that thread so you can see the error of your ways.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...ght=flame+lash

Repent!
    Last edited by Ophyra; 23rd May 2013 at 16:35.

Hi all

New to a Hox somewhat so will be asking a few questions

Was wondering what rank of Burn to Death and Hell Strikes people use as the highest rank 3 step ones seem to take forever.

Is it more efficient to go a rank down and use the 2 step versions?

Talking from a purely PvE perspective here

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Hi all

New to a Hox somewhat so will be asking a few questions

Was wondering what rank of Burn to Death and Hell Strikes people use as the highest rank 3 step ones seem to take forever.

Is it more efficient to go a rank down and use the 2 step versions?

Talking from a purely PvE perspective here

Thanks in advance
    The Khitai rank of Burn to Death, and either Hellstrikes 6 or 5. Depending on if I accidentally messed my rotation up or not.

I use BtD 6 (Khitai) and HS5 (as filler around PoIF 2/3). But I do have HS6 bound in case I get a gap, or I need to avoid hitting something with PoIF AOE, etc.; that does seems to come up fairly regularly.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Burn to Death is essential to use the highest rank combo. The damage over time effect is what really contributes here, and that increases over new levels of the combo. Tooltip gives information of base damage here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast