Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pom stats

Question Pom stats

What are the stats a Pom needs other than wisdom. I'm a little confused with so many stats on items.

Thanks

On top of wisdom, as a pom, you want to focus (like any other caster) on constitution, magical damages, hit rating, critical rating, critical damages rating. Those are the main things.

Keep also in mind that wisdom gives you magical damage, mana and mana regen, so if you find an item without wisdom but with the stats just mentioned, then you can use it as well.

A good exemple is the necro epic staff, which is an awesome weapon since it's got no intelligence on it and thus can be used by any caster class, which means pom and tos too.

Are you say ing Pom's do not want intelligence as a stat at all? I noticed on the gear so many different magical damages. Unholy.. holy.. Are there some stats that I should definately stay away from other than the obvious like strength?

In general, you want all stats as high as possible, but that's just flat out dreaming. PoM/ToS gear pretty much only covers you with:

- constitution
    - wisdom
    - magic damage (as PoM you want either magic damage or magic damage (holy) since the rest doesn't do jack for us)
    - crit rating
    - crit damage rating
    - hit rating

And that's your primary baseline you want to chase after, good to have/get would be:

- -hate
    - magical mana tap
    - protection

Though, aside from -hate from T4, you are pretty much screwed on those with a very few, and even fewer good, exceptions.

As for other stats...they just won't contribute to your damage at all, however you will gain their passive bonuses, but there aren't really any gear choices in that regard, a light armor piece that has Str on it, will be for the Barb and "Barb only". Yea you can use it, but it won't do anything proper for you. A Conq on the other hand could make use of it for example.

It's also not too bad of an idea to have a ring (like Ring of Ironskin from a yagloop) handy. It provides alot of constitution and some str on the side. Yes, it's a tank ring in a more regular sense, but you can make use of it some fights. That bit of extra armor, which Str gives you in a 2:1 ratio), can save your hide here and there.
    Fairly situational, but Str is about the only stat you can make _some_ use of other than wisdom. Regardless of that fact, everything other than wisdom hurts your development though.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Good points, i forgot that us veterans tend to take things for obvious.

People will tell you to go for wisdom instead of intelligence because as said above wisdom is the stat that will be of most use for you as a caster healer.

It's that way because in AoC, every class has to dps, and as a matter of fact, healers in that game have a very high ability to deal damages, meaning you won't only heal, a major part of your game play will evolve around maximizing your damages output.

Specifically, poms and tos have a huge dps pool, they can deal massive damages, so all your stats will aim at exploiting that pool to be as effective as possible.

The only stat that will help your healing will be heal rating, but that's another story that you can just let aside for now, it'll be only at level 80, when you get heal rating gear and AA healing feats that you can start taking that one stat into account.

For now, your healing power will come from your specc only and the way you use it, every other stat on your gear will just help you on the damages output and surviving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    The only stat that will help your healing will be heal rating, but that's another story that you can just let aside for now, it'll be only at level 80, when you get heal rating gear and AA healing feats that you can start taking that one stat into account.
    Don't forget that critical heals are affected by critical stats.

Anwen, while levelling you will have a hard time deciding what to wear since many items are just plain weird - like medium armour with magic damage. If you want to keep it simple, just wear items that give you the most profit overall and you should be fine.

Eventually you will encounter better quality gear (blue, purple) and those items will include most (if not all) of the stats you need.

Schmuls gave a nice list of stats and thier relevancy - I'll try to talk more about them to make it more clear.

-------------------

While levelling you should focus mainly on 3 stats:

Constitution increases your Health and is quite important in the beggining, when your damage and healing spells are weak and fights are longer because of that.

Wisdom this is main Priest of Mitra stat - it increases magic damage, mana pool, mana regeneration and holy/unholy protection. It's good to have as much as possible, but don't hesitate to trade it for pure magic damage if the difference is considerable.

Magic damage increases damage dealt by spells. PoMs deal only holy damage, so only items with "magic damage" or "magic damage (holy)" will work.

-------------------

Once you'll gain some more levels, you will want to include some more funky stuff:

Critical rating increases your chance to deal critical hits which deal more damage... or heal more in case of a few spells. At the beginning it's not really worth stacking, because you won't see any difference between 1 or 2%... but later on it can reach ~10-20%

Critical damage rating adds bonus damage (or healing) to every critical hit on top of the standard +50%. Irrelevant in the beginning or if your critical chance is low.

Hit rating reduces the chance to avoid your attacks by enemies. At level 80 it's good to have about 10%, before that you're good with whatever you'll have.

Hate decrease reduces the chance to attract mobs/bosses when you're in a group/raid. It can be helpful, but there's no amount that will save you - you have to control your dps and tanks have to control their aggro.

Magical mana tap returns mana for damage dealt. Very useful for PoMs, but unfortunately you will never have enough of it (I'm sitting now at ~1%) - you have to rely on feats, skills and potions to manage your mana.

Protection decreases damage dealt by spells, very useful in PvP and high-end PvE. Normally it will be lower than your physical mitigation and you'll need some specific gear and training to buff it up a bit.

Heal rating increases the power of specific AA spells: Celestial Gaze, Shimmering Invocation and Emissary of Elysium. You won't be able to get any items with heal rating until 80, but it's quite useful for end-game content.

Thank you all for such detailed explanations. I have a lot better understanding of stats now. The game seems rather complicated but I have only played wow before this.

I just realized I forgot to put anything in feats. I'm low level though so I doubt I have many unspent.

Use 1 of these to get an impression of feats:

http://joharaoc.eu/feat

http://aocfeats.com/
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    Thank you all for such detailed explanations. I have a lot better understanding of stats now. The game seems rather complicated but I have only played wow before this.

I just realized I forgot to put anything in feats. I'm low level though so I doubt I have many unspent.
    Feating the right feats can change a lot in the beginning - especially if it adds a beneficial effect or a new spell. Many classes have mostly buffs as first feats, but PoM can learn very useful spells at level 15.

Check Iyon's post in this thread if you want tips what to feat when levelling - http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180631

Thanks again. You guys are so helpful! I notice most of you are from EU. Wish the servers were merged together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast