Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: best way to fix pve + pvp server

I posted my thoughts in the game dev thread, but I think it can be repeated here.

The only real solution would be instances for pvp on crom... that's it.

You don't really have much of a leg to stand on when arguing about pvp, on a pve server. Making entire zones open world pvp on a pve server is truly a bad idea, especially starting zones, and most especially white sands. I actually couldn't think of a worse place than white sands, honestly. Imagine a f2p person who wants to avoid pvp, but wants to give conan a try. Not to mention any pve person who wants to make an alt,or any lowbie learning the ropes, etc, ad nauseum...

Lets not forget that there are already servers, zones and mini games dedicated for pvp. There's no reason to hijack entire pve zones for it. I'm sorry the population is bad for those things, but that's not tje pve community's fault, and the answer isn't forcing it on people who mostly chose a server specifically to avoid it... doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.

Make seperate instances or keep it to the border kingdoms on crom, where it belongs. I would even really like it if they made instances, and the merged all the servers! That way, if PvP people got sick of ganking,they could pop out and broaden the grouping pool!

And yes, I pay to play this game, if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by 1jqqijgg View Post
    I posted my thoughts in the game dev thread, but I think it can be repeated here.

The only real solution would be instances for pvp on crom... that's it.

You don't really have much of a leg to stand on when arguing about pvp, on a pve server. Making entire zones open world pvp on a pve server is truly a bad idea, especially starting zones, and most especially white sands. I actually couldn't think of a worse place than white sands, honestly. Imagine a f2p person who wants to avoid pvp, but wants to give conan a try. Not to mention any pve person who wants to make an alt,or any lowbie learning the ropes, etc, ad nauseum...

Lets not forget that there are already servers, zones and mini games dedicated for pvp. There's no reason to hijack entire pve zones for it. I'm sorry the population is bad for those things, but that's not tje pve community's fault, and the answer isn't forcing it on people who mostly chose a server specifically to avoid it... doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.

Make seperate instances or keep it to the border kingdoms on crom, where it belongs. I would even really like it if they made instances, and the merged all the servers! That way, if PvP people got sick of ganking,they could pop out and broaden the grouping pool!

And yes, I pay to play this game, if anyone cares.
    Or better: Merge Crom with Fury and give PvP/PvE-Instances which you can chose by zoning.

Yes, Hop, I thought I made that clear, but, if I didn't, that's definitely the best choice.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    invent a time machine
    /11 chars.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Take crom, as an example, and make one random zone pvp enabled each week. That means only one non-siege zone is pvp enabled the whole month.

Pvers would have 95% of the current server as pve, and pvpers wouldh have an active pvp zone. Maximun pop 24/7
    I'd rather see them bring the cross-server technology from The Secret World into Age of Conan. Then Fury can have open world PvP, Crom is not impacted and you're not forcing those players into things they don't want and minis and instances can share a pool of players.

The alternative would be flagging. It's a system that allows you to share in the PvE and instanced PvP content and the server without forcing open world PvP on players that don't want to participate in it, as long as you can design the flagging system so it cannot be used to escape combat once initiated or to ambush.

Forcing players, no matter what play-style, is bad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345