Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: best way to fix pve + pvp server

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    meh i checked yesterday crom vs fury minis at 2 different times of the day, more minis were popping on fury. and doing worst then fury, without open world pvp with the size of Crom population, thats pretty sad. come cetriss, Crom will be all about that new raid, all the same u will have 2 small pvp sommunities spread out on 2 different servers, i really dont see it.

edit* more minis right now on fury then crom as well

therefore, come new raid, pvp will not be the main interest: not something i want to be a part of, 1 week of sparse controlled pvp
    I wouldn't base any assumptions on mini popularity this week due to it being world boss week, which I'm pretty sure 99.99% of Crom people are doing that instead of their normal in game routine.

therefore, come new raid, pvp will not be the main interest: not something i want to be a part of, 1 week of sparse controlled pvp
    I like you man, but let's not argue semantics here. It would be a full month, random zone each week, open world ffa, every month.

I know you want rage rules 24/7, but let's look at reality for a minute. Rage is fury without the guards, and no one wanted to ignore the 3+ years of playing their other characters to restart. Also rage includes the most hack/dupe exploits.

Everyone called it, and said it would fail after 3 months. It did.

I commend your enthusiasm, but rage really should have been closed. A couple of years ago.

Now taking away the tunnel vision, and let's look at the whole picture:

Making one server with minimal compromises, to gain max pop, and possibly even a comeback for aoc, why can't we do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I wouldn't base any assumptions on mini popularity this week due to it being world boss week
    reason why im using this is because when comes cetriss i expect pvp action to go dry, just as WB week. pvpers become impatient and leave, 6mths later pvers are fed up of the raid and play some open world casually. not sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    to gain max pop
    gaining pop has always severely compromised a minority, always clawing a part of the player base. if rage and fury get merged with no adjustment ruleset, a good chunk of rage's population would leave the game. if crom and fury get merged with sparse consensual open wrold pvp(although sparse means denser, theres that), ppl like vehl would have 0 interest in the game.

if tightening communities without compromise is possible thats the way to go

**the core guys on rage that were there when it was still called deathwish are nearly all there, it would be a lost of those players if rage and fury merged without a ruleset adjustment. although it can be frustrating for some that minis dont pop 24/7, im a guy of open world pvp in a fully pvp environment. in an mmo for me pvp isnt just about swinging my blade at someone in an instance that enables it, of which ppl can just walk away from if ppl arent content.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd April 2014 at 19:21.

My opinion is that the only solution is player flagging. All player get to choose PvP on or off with a cooldown of 1 hour to change. If you choose PvP on, you can kill or be killed in open world zones and you show us as killable to other PvP enabled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    solution
    solution to what?

solution to what?
    My suggestion is: merge Crom into Fury!
    Thats the way AoC was meant to be. I remember when i startet in 2008 it was promoted as brutal pvp-mmorpg with age release of 18+

Even openworld pvp was the unique selling point to all other mmorpg's adding the unique combatsystem as well as the animations of finishing moves.

If you now take away the basic meaning of AoC, all that remains is a sad reminder of a good idea.

Anyone ever played Ultima Online? You will remember the change from open pvp into 2 worlds: Trammel / Felucca ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Thats the way AoC was meant to be. I remember when i startet in 2008 it was promoted as brutal pvp-mmorpg with age release of 18+

Even openworld pvp was the unique selling point to all other mmorpg's adding the unique combatsystem as well as the animations of finishing moves.

If you now take away the basic meaning of AoC, all that remains is a sad reminder of a good idea.

Anyone ever played Ultima Online? You will remember the change from open pvp into 2 worlds: Trammel / Felucca ...
    yep crom into FURY, not fury into crom, yep world pvp is what aoc should be, but fev pvp vets left and rest are casual players from wow crying when they get killed in open area
    The Law

I see no more than 10 people here. Not exactly representative of the player population.

In fact, any forum isn't representative since most players like with all other games don't even look at the forums.

Though it is fun to see the "amazing" suggestions from Fury/Rage players who finally feel a bit lonely. Why is that? Is it because only you guys understood that Hyboria is a crazy violent place? and this is not a game that needs paying customers? Lols...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post

If you now take away the basic meaning of AoC, all that remains is a sad reminder of a good idea..
    AOC was my first MMO and I started this game on Tyranny. I played and stayed on the server because my friends were there. BUT my level 20 got ganked by roaming bands of 80's in wildlands, and in resource zones, while turning in quests, while mobs were attacking me and as I was almost done with my quest. I've been sent tells from 80 rangers that just tracked me from zone to zone because they thought it was funny killing a newb...it goes on and on the amount of crap that some will do in open world because they can and there is no consequences. I KNOW>>I know, all the hard core PVP'ers say so what..its PVP. I transferred to PVE because after a couple years I just didn't want to deal with that kinda crap anymore. MY TOS alone had over 1000 deaths from GANKERS before she even hit 80 and most of those were cheap shots from higher level players or roaming groups of asshats. To expect folks who left those servers to go back to those days is just beyond belief because my comments are just the tip of the iceberg on the behavior that was Tyranny. I know that's really the stuff that makes PVP'ers happy and that is why you have your own server and that is why PVE has its own server. If that kind of rule set comes to CROM..you will see players leave this game in droves.

A PVP event on the PVE server in just one or two zones for one week a month would be acceptable because a pure PVE player can just choose to not go to those zones for that week.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 4th April 2014 at 08:34.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast