Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why no T3.5 raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    How about players getting better instead of nerfing the content?

Make the loot more attractive and drop regularly not like it is now, and dont nerf it the fights are quite enjoyable as they are.
    T3 has been nerfed numerous times, I'm not aware of any nerfs to Archfiend or Zaal however.

Speaking as a US raider, I believe we are the only guild that even does T3.5 atm. If the fights were toned down a bit, there'd be more interest from other guilds I'd guess.

I do agree that the loot should be made more attractive and with a better drop rate. I'd also increase the minor armor pieces that drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    T3.5 needs to get hit by the nerf bat a bit more so other guilds would bother doing it, instead of doing T3.

Right now, it's harder than T4, with worse gear.
    This. The loot is a step above Kithai HM loot, but far below T4. A difficulty similar to Kithai HMs would be more suiting, considering you need 24 people.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

T3.5 has been too hard forever. Ppl have complained about it forever. Funcom ignores it forever.
    This is 1 of those things funcom could have addressed 12 - 18 months ago giving ppl some of content they could play. Instead we have what 2+ yrs of content most ppl just ignore cuz its not worth anyones time.
    Simple fixes get ignored by funcom. They would rather F#%k around with Lego.

t3,5 got already a nerf and the whole instance is doable without a full raid in a time you normally need for a wing in t2...it's not too hard, it's just too effortful for the loot (especially the trash)

the first boss is not hard (the emperor is harder), the second boss is freeloot like the mc in t4 and the last boss is done, when your raid survives the first phase.

T4 isn't hard...when you get a group of people who know the strats and work as a team.

T3.5 is hard when you have to relearn the strats with a new raid crew. If its done every week then it gets to be like a t4.

The loot isn't worth the effort though.

Lurker...if they would remove the respawn on the brain adds before the lurker came out, that would help out a lot with doing progression on that thing. As it stands, its a lot of work for the loot offered...with t4 being easier if you know the strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hama View Post
    t3,5 got already a nerf and the whole instance is doable without a full raid in a time you normally need for a wing in t2...it's not too hard, it's just too effortful for the loot (especially the trash)

the first boss is not hard (the emperor is harder), the second boss is freeloot like the mc in t4 and the last boss is done, when your raid survives the first phase.
    ^This^

Increase drop rates of new items...buff loot..whatever..just PLEASE don't nerf these fights!
    Erlik fights are not about op dps or op gear...they are about control - people knowing what, when and why they are doing... and this is why they are fun and enjoyable - cos they actually feel like teamplay!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    ^This^

Increase drop rates of new items...buff loot..whatever..just PLEASE don't nerf these fights!
    Erlik fights are not about op dps or op gear...they are about control - people knowing what, when and why they are doing... and this is why they are fun and enjoyable - cos they actually feel like teamplay!^^
    I would agree with this years ago, but the playerbase is so small you take what you get. Making the fights easier would be a welcome to all. Honestly..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Nerf it and you will have even lower population by removing anything that is still remotely fun in the game.

All I see here is QQ and more QQ, seriously ppl...

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    That may well be. But for most raids/guilds, the question is this: Why learn T3.5 when you can instead learn T4 and get better gear?

Even the new items are hardly useful for many classes. There's some nice gear e. g. for Conqs, but e. g. a mage shouldn't even touch Erlik loot in my opinion.

Some guilds may have fun with T3.5 in its current form - gratz to those who do. But on the whole, it's apparently still not attractive to the player base.

Besides the loot issue, it's just plain boring for many classes, at least from my point of view. Playing a mage at the first boss to me feels like crossing the road over and over again for an hour.
    Wait, wait, wait, traffic light switches to green -> slowly walk across the street, wait, wait, wait, traffic light switches to green again -> slowly walk back again, wait, wait, wait, ...

On our old server, even in our current raid alliance, there's repeatedly been interest in T3.5 (for lack of other content). But then... everybody remembers why we don't go there: There's no reason to.

Nerfing it to the ground might help get interest back, or one could add actually useful loot or some other reward. Maybe the content could be recycled for T5. But in its current form, it's mainly like an abandonded amusement park. Could (have) be(en) fun, but nobody goes there.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 1st April 2014 at 06:12.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Yep yep yep.

T3.5 is not harder than t4, it appears as such because players have been farming t4 for ages and can do it on autopilot, while they barely ever stepped into t3.5.

So for most players, t3.5 is like a new instance they're not familiar with.

With pratice, t3.5 takes around 45 min to clear, being with mains or alts.

So it's not about loot or difficulty, it's exactly the same thing that happens with HMs, people farm KK and monastery to death instead of going for Ai and other instances.

People just stick to what they're used to.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast