Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New characters vs. Old characters

Default New characters vs. Old characters

So I have been wondering about this a bit because several of my friends have mentioned this now and they are pretty sure.

Do old characters have a disadvantage against new characters? Specifically tanks.

Example: one guard (full fearless, full AA) that is now F2P plays on a account of a friend to help us out on Emperor. (guard of friend is full T3, half AA) He claims he has more aggro on that guard then on his own guard which should be surperior in every way.

Example2: One DT (Full T4, Full AA) plays on his alt DT that is about 1.5 years younger then his main. (january 2010 vs july 2011)
    His alt DT has Khitai gear T1 sword, no hate/crit legs. His main should be surperior in aggro on every single way but he claims to have the same aggro on his alt as he has on his main. He thinks it might have changed after Khitai came out.

I could go on about guildies/friends claiming they experience this but I'm wondering if anyone has any data to back it up perhaps?

PS: rumor has it Funcom knows about it and can fix your old character if you petition but that's all 'hear say'.

Heard that before, I'm curious what other people think about it..

I've heard about 3 aggrodiffrences between tanks.

1: Female vs Male (Diffrent timings on combofinishers, got fixed.)

2: Tanks irritates bugging out after 1.5(?) patch, which made tanks created after that patch more powerfull (Fixed)

3: Tanks created within the first year being abit worse than newer tanks aggrowise (No clue if fixed or not).
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I've heard about 3 aggrodiffrences between tanks.

1: Female vs Male (Diffrent timings on combofinishers, got fixed.)

2: Tanks irritates bugging out after 1.5(?) patch, which made tanks created after that patch more powerfull (Fixed)

3: Tanks created within the first year being abit worse than newer tanks aggrowise (No clue if fixed or not).
    I heard the bugs were avatar wise. Deep in the creation of toons, something REALLY changed somewhere after 1.4/1.5 (the itemization patch) that everything would be bugged, from aggro to damage, sometimes even character moviment speed.

ALOT of ppl rerolled (even same classes) and were happy about doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Dunno if this is visual bug or.. well had pvp 10 dt with maxed AA. And then have pvp3 dt with blue/epic gear. Wery low aa and both had same protection. Funny thing is that the pvp3 dt did always much more dmg than the pvp10 one.. R10 dt made on 2008. While this other dt made on 2013
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Dunno if this is visual bug or.. well had pvp 10 dt with maxed AA. And then have pvp3 dt with blue/epic gear. Wery low aa and both had same protection. Funny thing is that the pvp3 dt did always much more dmg than the pvp10 one.. R10 dt made on 2008. While this other dt made on 2013
    9 from my 12 toons were created on 2008. Would love to know if they are ok...
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

The tanking issue was there,was discussed a lot in tl-forums and as far as memory serves was *fixed*.You never know though with funcom applying patches that have broken stuff from way back and re-fixing,then breaking again.

One other issue on old characters :Some that don't even remember it have made choices like *mana reserves* on destiny quests before 1.05.I am sure being nab i picked stamina on my sin at lvl 60.Result is i have a bit less base dps than chars in same gear/aas.

Yeah its a shame those choice's cant be redone, i mean its a choice you do while you're not having basic knowledge of anything pretty much, but still it haunts you over years :P

A bug i have on my guard, not sure if its connected with being an old char tho. Is that my Natural health regen just disaperes from time to time..
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    The tanking issue was there,was discussed a lot in tl-forums and as far as memory serves was *fixed*.You never know though with funcom applying patches that have broken stuff from way back and re-fixing,then breaking again.

One other issue on old characters :Some that don't even remember it have made choices like *mana reserves* on destiny quests before 1.05.I am sure being nab i picked stamina on my sin at lvl 60.Result is i have a bit less base dps than chars in same gear/aas.
    After petitioning several times about it, and all GM's saying they could not do anything, i got a GM that said he would fix all questions on all my 12 toons, really fast, was like refeating.

Idk if he was just sayuing it for the lulz or if he really fixed my toons.

He did say those questions have NOTHING to do with the game and ZERO influence cause those statrs are not in game anymore.

I have 2 barbs, both 80 and well geared and played for a long time. One took 1 or 2 of the stamina choices back in 2008 from the destiny quest rewards. The other took the damage increase rewards when playing in 2008/2009. Today, when both are wearing exactly the same gear and using the same builds, the second one has around 6 dps more. The destiny quest choices seem to have made a difference.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast