Thread: Missing terrain in Purple Lotus Swamp?

Default Missing terrain in Purple Lotus Swamp?

I've found several areas in Purple Lotus Swamp where rock formations - ones present since launch - are no longer showing.

I first noticed this back on the first of the month when I used the gate to Khopshef for the world boss. There was a cliff near that gate with very poor textures and it seemed very different from what I recalled. At the time, I was more interested in the world boss and didn't stop to examine it closer.

This week, I did some harvesting in Purple Lotus and found several places - mostly near the southern city site, where large rock formations are not spawning. One spot 'behind' the southern city has sky showing through the mountain side, and another nearby where trees which used to be on a hilltop, are now floating in air. Although the missing terrain makes it look like I can ride through, invisible walls have prevented me from moving into these areas that used to be covered by rock walls.

My personal guild city is in PLS as well as my main's guild city, so I'm quite familiar with what the landscape should be like. Also, I've logged onto toons from both guilds and gotten the same missing features in each instance.

A guildie suggested that maybe things are being changed in prep for the crafting revamp, but running around Poitain and Lachiesh Plains, I didn't find any missing terrain features in those zones. I'm convinced that it's just PLS that is corrupted. I suppose it could just be me, though.

Has anyone else been into PLS and found the landscape changed?

Finally someone who has the same problem... I already tought that something is wrong with my PC / Game.

I don't really know with which update those things dissappeared but I have the same issue at some cages, in game, like the cage in northern grasslands at the village "Chow", there is a Zang-Xin caged, but the cage isn't showing. If you try to run throgue it, you get blocked by the invisible cage...

I would really like to know, what happened there...

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I don't really know with which update those things dissappeared but I have the same issue at some cages, in game, like the cage in northern grasslands at the village "Chow", there is a Zang-Xin caged, but the cage isn't showing. If you try to run throgue it, you get blocked by the invisible cage...
    all the cages are gone, running down prisoners for wolf they just pop out of thin air.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Finally someone who has the same problem... I already tought that something is wrong with my PC / Game.

I would really like to know, what happened there...
    The cages disappeared sometimes around the engine 2.0 update and have been reported missing for years.

The mountains in purple lotus disappeared only just recently (the patch before last one, i think), but also have been instantly reported missing on TL.

These textures vanished after the PVP event patch. I'm guessing it's because changes where made to the Border to Kush and this area shares the same map design & textures as PLS.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvoleus View Post
    These textures vanished after the PVP event patch. I'm guessing it's because changes where made to the Border to Kush and this area shares the same map design & textures as PLS.
    Aha. Makes sense as to when it happened. But begs the question as to what is the purpose of those terrain features being removed? Given the invisible walls, having the rock cliffs and walls gone, seems like there's no playspace gained.

Conclusion seems to be that the terrain has been fubared.

So, will the terrain be repaired or will we have the floating trees and Wile E. Coyote rock perched on the narrow edge of the cliff near the Khopshef gate forever?

Players have reported this bug one month ago in the testlive-forum. So Funcom definitively knows about it.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

There also seems to be some textures missing suddenly in Atzel's Approach... Around the crawler camp iirc.

fixes should come to resolve these issues asap folks!

This is still an issue, can we get this fixed please?