Thread: Faction armor in pvp

Default Faction armor in pvp

Tigers tigers tigers for dps. Yes yes yes I know. But what about a Brittle Blade set in pvp? Stacking all that evade and immunity a noticeable gain in survivability? How about stacking it even more with accessories and weapons? Worth the effort to collect all those pieces?

With the ridiculous amounts of Hit Rating in pvp gear and high lvl raiding gear I'd say nope.

However... Hykarnians has REALLY noticable stackable high strength; high constitution and high damage as well as adding critical rating to chest and legs.

The hykarnians str and con are noticable for stacking dps/crit while offsetting loss of protection with constitution...

Brittle blade is like Jades' gear for sins. Inferior to the other dps available (in this case BB gear)

Ye but BB set gives like 10% evade and immunity, if you use Arcane plunder and What it takes it can be pretty funny (and Arcane marauder, and Predatory instincts^^)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Ye but BB set gives like 10% evade and immunity, if you use Arcane plunder and What it takes it can be pretty funny (and Arcane marauder, and Predatory instincts^^)
    Yea I'm talking full BB and all the weapons and accessories I can get my hands on to stack up immunity and evade, with feats/AAs. I guess I can do the math myself. Just wondering if anyone out there tried it before.

I think one barb on Fury used that but I'm not so sure. I can't afford it myself (sold the BB legs, I'm that poor) but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I mean you'll be pretty hard to kill (or at least annoying to kill) and dps isn't much lower than pvp set so you can definitely kill with it too. You could use elusive nature as well to mitigate those crits that get through

Sure people in pvp these days run around with high hit rating but that doesn't mean you won't gain survivability - even Predatory instincts with 15% evade chance actually makes a noticeable difference.

If my barb were my main I'd deffo get such a set. But I don't even have What it takes or anything on my alt so
    Last edited by kalston; 19th June 2013 at 18:43.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

hey BB set for barb is nice to at least try ofc with accesories and weapons like rangers 1h t1/t2/t3 which offers evade/immu and protection on em > whole set accesories, bb small and big set and weapons should give 20%+ evade and immu - 5% immu for pvp and 5% from arcane marauder looks like 30% immunity all the time also 2% evade basic and 3% from general tree can be helpfull + 15% from predatory instincts is ace it would work like sin cats paw but pretty much all the time - and i miss sin when he turns it on like 65% of the time on my full t3 pvp barb often

so im if will have more time will try to check it out - most hard thing is that bb parts drop in not popular instances and may be hard to get em but its my dream to have it and test it ...

sorry part is that bb set doesnt give str so arcane plunder wont get much from it but still would be nice to at least test it

the biggest problem i found playing with BB gear is the amount of damage you receive from mage attacks, comparing it with pvp gear protection, and with their hit rating high enough, 20% evade/immunity is "nothing", just try out predatory instincts (15% + around 5% passive from class itself) and see how much you can evade in pvp
    but playing against fresh 80's with low hit rating, it makes more difference
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    the biggest problem i found playing with BB gear is the amount of damage you receive from mage attacks, comparing it with pvp gear protection, and with their hit rating high enough, 20% evade/immunity is "nothing", just try out predatory instincts (15% + around 5% passive from class itself) and see how much you can evade in pvp
    but playing against fresh 80's with low hit rating, it makes more difference
    BB set was the first one i went for with barb. I have the opposit feeling though, it works great against mages but not so much against melee.

It's not optimal and when i tested i was lacking DPS, but still fun especially in open-world.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Evade and immunity work on pve boss fights?