Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PVP Mini Game Buddy Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    This just tells me what I suspected all along, you dont have 11 friends.
    u are wery bad troll,

this is what they say when we try form a team.

1. nah i need badges sorry.
    2, sorry dungeon
    3. sorry raid start in 40m
    4. I were just logging.
    5. yea sure if we do it fast, i need to wait? nah im out
    The Law

Anyone who is against it Im sure either dont play the game or play 1 mini a week.Minis are just TERRIBLE atm,frustrating like nothing else.So be able to SIGN WITH AT LEAST 1 FRIEND will do nothing but good to this terrible terrible fail pug system we got now.

Apparently Khramps has recruited everyone he knows to post in this topic, or else Fury players share some collective mental deficiency (wouldn't surprise me after seeing Fury's global tbh, and playing pure PvP games. Someone should do a study).

Sincerely hope Funcom will never implement these changes from a very vocal minority who apparently want a crutch so they can start winning minis. All it will do is make minis even more painful for 95% of the population, and let the 5% who are in serious PvP/PvE guilds with t4 or PvP 3 gear tryhard with ts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Apparently Khramps has recruited everyone he knows to post in this topic, or else Fury players share some collective mental deficiency (wouldn't surprise me after seeing Fury's global tbh, and playing pure PvP games. Someone should do a study).

Sincerely hope Funcom will never implement these changes from a very vocal minority who apparently want a crutch so they can start winning minis. All it will do is make minis even more painful for 95% of the population, and let the 5% who are in serious PvP/PvE guilds with t4 or PvP 3 gear tryhard with ts.
    I'd really like to see your reasoning why allowing for cooperation in minigames is "unfair" or a "crutch". Also, for purposes of your analysis, would you bear in mind that minigames are not solo, but team content? I am looking forward to your reply.

A brief note on the side: The most fun I had in AoC minis was trying to beat a team of better individual players, by superior cooperation. Sadly this no longer works in a world of PUG minis. I very much disagree with your view that the current PUG mini system benefits less hardcore players.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Current minigame balance system don't work and will never work.
    Even assuming Funcom has done perfect job by developing balance algorithms, no algorithm can predict an human player behaviour.
    You can have 2 players with identical gear, identical AA, identical PvP level, similar win/loss stats.. But one is an a**hole and decides not to play cause he doesn't like his group, so he sits on hide somewhere from start to end of the game forcing his group to play in 5.

I'm sure balancing algorithms Funcom implemented are not perfect, but in any case it's impossible to perfectly balance minigames.
    Add to this the common sad player behaviour: minigame start SLIGHTLY unbalanced. Team A could win, but probably will suffer a bit more deaths. After 2nd death 1 or more common k/d w***es from team A stop playing, leaving rest of group to play in 3-4, and minigame becomes HIGHLY unbalanced (aka farm fest).

Unfortunately, whatever algorithm is implemented, such things are almost impossible to predict and avoid.

Probably there should be a timer, something like: you get automatically kicked from minigame and get coward shame after 2 mins you don't engage fight with any opponent.
    But that would not solve the problem anyway.

About minigame buddy.. I want to get some rage.
    In my opinion, it's already possible to play with friends: make a group and sign the same minigame.
    Yes, it's possible to get splitted, but what's the problem? You can have fun (personally sometimes even more) even playing VS your friend. You are actually still playing with him.

Ok, playing with a buddy in same group, if enabled, will not be the end of the world. Even if the 2 best players in game sign together, system should still be able to balance other random players in 2 groups.

But what about 3 or 4 or full premade group vs 6 random peps?
    No please.
    Maybe one buddy, but no more.
    There is already one option for premade groups, and it's called Tournament Mode: form 2 groups and fight together, but no stats update or tokens.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 16th April 2014 at 12:17.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    minigames were won by players playing to win and cooperating to do so.
    current minigames are filled with anti teamplayers and kd whores who abominate any teamplay and just run around farming easiest classes to kill and new players/undergeread players.

they are a mokery of what they use to be team based games where you were forced to learn to play as a team to win.

now its always same crap, one team gets all high lvl's who farm lower geared and lower pvp lvl players who somehow always end up on same team with awesome players leaving game to further imbalance already flawed alkgorythm where many times one team has 2-3 healers and tank other no tank no healer...

why you think so many people bleed out of game?

its a massive multiplayer online and on a team based objected last idiot prohibited teamplay!!!!

in minigames when you used to be able to play with anyone you wanted you had great teamplay and fun competitive matchs, now its either farm or get farmed, with worst minigame being call jebhal sag where always in first 2 minutes match is decided and loosing team quickly bleeds out of players leaving match or people going in hide afk for badge.

there is nothing remotly balanced or fun in current minigames.
    Very nice words but.. You miss that the kind of behaviour you hate in some players has nothing to do with signing with a buddy.
    It will not solve bad minigame behaviour, and could even make it worse.

You like teamplay?
    You sign with a friend who is nice and awesome and loyal and teamplays like you?
    Sweet, I love that.

But what if 2 k/d w****s PvP 10 geared full AA who don't care at all about rest of group and victory sign together?
    Rest of their group will enjoy?
    Enemy group will enjoy?

And anyway.. One buddy is ok, I understand that someone wants it.
    But no more, no 3 or 4 or 5 or full premades versus random pug groups.

It's already messy and hard to adapt like it is now.. Can't really handle to play vs full k/d chiken party.

Read my post above.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 16th April 2014 at 12:12.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post

I am just laughing while reading this post.

PVE player at it's finest, debating on what PVP should and shouldn't be. Speaking of minorities, you seem to be one in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    u are wery bad troll,

this is what they say when we try form a team.

1. nah i need badges sorry.
    2, sorry dungeon
    3. sorry raid start in 40m
    4. I were just logging.
    5. yea sure if we do it fast, i need to wait? nah im out
    Mrcorp is what you call, a gear based ToS that is not very "good" at the game. During Carnage premades, he was summoned as the last man needed if we had premades and required a healer in order to compete. I think out of the entire time I was in Carnage as a (starting) roster, I played with him maybe once in an actual premade.

He doesn't want it, because he fears what the outcome may be if myself or Argurious, Spaartan, Ahrims are on the same team. Which is understandable.... He prefers random odds that involves zero team, I know this because he is one of the players that dies over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post

About minigame buddy.. I want to get some rage.
    In my opinion, it's already possible to play with friends: make a group and sign the same minigame.
    Yes, it's possible to get splitted, but what's the problem? You can have fun (personally sometimes even more) even playing VS your friend. You are actually still playing with him.
    i understand your dont understand this.
    so have fun farming noobs in pugs with your demo, as soon as open world pvp gets released i wont waste any time with them anymore, its simply absurd they were forced into population as needed to obtain pvp gear.
    even more insain when they removed group sign ups from a team based game.
    there is nothing fun for me in minigames i cant team up with friend and only farm or get farmed no in between
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

A 1 buddy system is all I am asking for. I can easily see exploits with 2+ buddies, but with 1 it is reasonable and allows for multiple groups of 2 buddies to coordinate better to create a better game play outcome for mini games.

The randomness in the mini games is just retarded. Only Craig Morrison could allow for such a feature to be implemented and assume it's ok.