Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger Traps + Mana Drain

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Whats funny is, the tool tip and the debuff says it drains 80ish stam mana, but in reality it drains freaking 200-300...
    whats funny is to play dt and x2 rangers drain u empty in 2 secends, rest of time u can sheat ur weapons and just wait them to 2-3 shot u
    The Law

It's cool with hox too. Come to them with 25% hp if you're lucky and then...and then...nothing, you're out of everything.

Has happen to me already on one ranger I really wanted to kill and that kitted for some time.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I think this is a l2p (and i mean this in the most literal sense). Learn the animations of a ranger and then how to double tap or just not b line a ranger... I think, like most of us solid PVPers, you will find they arent that good.

Ping me on line, I can teach you how to spot it and how to avoid it. I can also help you get some basics to pvp.
    Ranger can put trap down without any animation so even all you solid pvpers wont notice it.
    Question is not if they are that good or not but about drain on traps and if they are excessive which they are.

Another question of choice and gap:

Do you want drains as strategic element or not? If so, how powerful in general?

For example, if you say you get burned down in seconds, why is it so?

Are multiple rangers drains stacking? Other classes drains maybe too? Have you included regens in your build? Using potions? Does "crippled" mean to you "not able to damage or act at all" or "having to use different spells/combos"?

I am asking, because i have some points in draining traps and NEVER encountered anyone crippled by this. And for me, if a DT (or hox) who is neither geared with +mana+wisdom+intelligence gear and who has not feated regen in any way gets drained and has to use a potion to keep casting, then that is how it should be. On the other hand, if someone who manages mana can't even cast one or two spells after the trap...something is seriously wrong.

Concerning rangers i would be fine, if they kind of restructured the feat tree, so you would have to choose more between dots, drains, cc, survival and dps as well as more melee/ranged choices...but that might be too complicated for them (even if presented on a platter).

It might even be a problem of scaling with the feat points. It might be a "useless if not fully feated feat. but OP otherwise" thing?
    Or just a stacking thing as well. They could cap for instance the maximum drain (or dot per damage type)...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th April 2014 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Another question of choice and gap:

Do you want drains as strategic element or not? If so, how powerful in general?

For example, if you say you get burned down in seconds, why is it so?

Are multiple rangers drains stacking? Other classes drains maybe too? Have you included regens in your build? Using potions? Does "crippled" mean to you "not able to damage or act at all" or "having to use different spells/combos"?

And here comes the marketing aspect of forcing people to buy shop potions or grind the best gear into play as well

Concerning rangers i would be fine, if they kind of restructured the feat tree, so you would have to choose more between dots, drains, cc, survival and dps as well as more melee/ranged choices...but that might be too complicated for them (even if presented on a platter).

It might even be a problem of scaling with the feat points. I have just one or two points in it on one ranger and it does not seem too powerfull to me, just annoying. It might be a "useless if not fully feated feat. but OP otherwise" thing?
    Or just a stacking thing as well. They could cap for instance the maximum drain (or dot per damage type)...
    There is absolutely no need for Rangers to have any Mana, Stamina drain what so ever. They're a rogue class that require zero skill, except sitting back and slamming their face off a keyboard from 1-10. I know this, because I use to play one. A Ranger already has the easiest most overpowered CC's and damage along with, heat seeking arrows that can launch for ridiculous ranges all the while sporting MEDIUM ARMOR.

Don't get me wrong, when I see faceroll Assassins, I laugh as well. That class is just as stupid as the Ranger. I see players at pvp 10 with maxed AA, run around on Assassins, spamming grim corruption + detonation and DWW and then telling you they're good at the game. It's just sad to watch and see what this game has become over the last 6 years.

Mmmg, stamina drain might be explained lorewise, but i agree with mana drain. This would suit mages, DTs and assasins more.

But keep in mind, rangers have been nerfed a lot (and still the problems are there)...so instead of more nerfs without giving something, maybe it is time to realize something was wrong with the "revamp"??

As religiolibri shows, it COULD be an awesome class fitting the physical hybrid ranged/melee role, but actually now, it isn't. Imo, the "combo system", the combat scaling, the feat tree and certain AAs are to blame. On a positive side, i consider this solveable problems, which make this mess for years all the sadder.

Drains or other localized OP stuff would not be that bad as it is now, if you could not count on the majority of rangers having access to it or using it (that is part of the problem with inbalanced AAs too).
    (here i am puzzled a bit, since traps got nerfed already and i remember the feedback as "worthless to feat now". Was there maybe some ninja change or new bug since then? Or is this drain just too powerfull combined with certain exploits, latency or sprint bugs?)
    They have simply no tradeoffs for that power...you do not have a choice between survival, dots, ccs and burst. You can pretty much include dots, ccs and burst in every build now, because of the design. The only tradeoff there now is steady dps (on paper), but why focus that, if you can have burst for pvp? And when even in pve the average dps seems better with a burst build?

Another idea how to change the drains might be to replace it with (or add combined with a nerf) a featable debuff, since the revamped ranger really lacks something in this area (just compare what debuffs barbs, assasins, bs, soldiers, priests and mages can do).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th April 2014 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    There is absolutely no need for Rangers to have any Mana, Stamina drain what so ever. They're a rogue class that require zero skill, except sitting back and slamming their face off a keyboard from 1-10. I know this, because I use to play one. A Ranger already has the easiest most overpowered CC's and damage along with, heat seeking arrows that can launch for ridiculous ranges all the while sporting MEDIUM ARMOR.

Don't get me wrong, when I see faceroll Assassins, I laugh as well. That class is just as stupid as the Ranger. I see players at pvp 10 with maxed AA, run around on Assassins, spamming grim corruption + detonation and DWW and then telling you they're good at the game. It's just sad to watch and see what this game has become over the last 6 years.
    but u are playing necro which recuires only flesh to worm + sw?

i mean comon even tekhan can get 20-0 with that class while he is tanking

btw tekhan necro has more hp than my dt
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    but u are playing necro which recuires only flesh to worm + sw?

i mean comon even tekhan can get 20-0 with that class while he is tanking

btw tekhan necro has more hp than my dt
    Who said I play a necro?

You sound upset at the fact that I mentioned pvp 10 Assassins requiring no skill. Did I strike a nerve? Must be because you're one of them. Am I right?

DWW, GRIM+Detonate = I win. Challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Mmmg, stamina drain might be explained lorewise, but i agree with mana drain. This would suit mages, DTs and assasins more.

But keep in mind, rangers have been nerfed a lot (and still the problems are there)...so instead of more nerfs without giving something, maybe it is time to realize something was wrong with the "revamp"??

As religiolibri shows, it COULD be an awesome class fitting the physical hybrid ranged/melee role, but actually now, it isn't. Imo, the "combo system", the combat scaling, the feat tree and certain AAs are to blame. On a positive side, i consider this solveable problems, which make this mess for years all the sadder.

Drains or other localized OP stuff would not be that bad as it is now, if you could not count on the majority of rangers having access to it or using it (that is part of the problem with inbalanced AAs too).
    (here i am puzzled a bit, since traps got nerfed already and i remember the feedback as "worthless to feat now". Was there maybe some ninja change or new bug since then? Or is this drain just too powerfull combined with certain exploits, latency or sprint bugs?)
    They have simply no tradeoffs for that power...you do not have a choice between survival, dots, ccs and burst. You can pretty much include dots, ccs and burst in every build now, because of the design. The only tradeoff there now is steady dps (on paper), but why focus that, if you can have burst for pvp? And when even in pve the average dps seems better with a burst build?

Another idea how to change the drains might be to replace it with (or add combined with a nerf) a featable debuff, since the revamped ranger really lacks something in this area (just compare what debuffs barbs, assasins, bs, soldiers, priests and mages can do).
    Rogues are rogues. They do not need any drains. They have extreme speed, stealth, insane damage, easy mode abilities and a ton of CC. There is absolutely zero need for a rogue to have any abilities that drain any pools of health, mana or stamina. A Ranger is basically a Barbarian with Medium Armor from ranged and requires zero efforts in anything they do, other then the ability to have drool hanging off your chin.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Who said I play a necro?

You sound upset at the fact that I mentioned pvp 10 Assassins requiring no skill. Did I strike a nerve? Must be because you're one of them. Am I right?

DWW, GRIM+Detonate = I win. Challenging.
    i use those, but i dont hide around corner waiting for cd to go off svift strikes all the way broh
    The Law

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast