Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Thousand Papercuts

Lightbulb A Thousand Papercuts

What this thread is:

A place to collect all the little things, small bugs, inconvenient things, quality-of-life issues that we'd like to see fixed over the next few patches.

What this thread is not:

A place to rant and whine about Age of Conan. There's plenty of other threads for that.

So begins the list:

- "Getting rezzed out". Currently the game will automatically default to the nearest static rez pad every single time a player receives a rez. Preferably the screen should default to the first player rez received.

- Linking items in chat. For some reason we can not link more than one item into global chat. There's been many times where I wanted to link two different items and ask a question about them, or explain why one is better than the other, but nope. Gotta link them all individually, which takes up more precious chat window space and in a busy global chat the two items might appear off screen from each other if I'm not a world twitch linking champion that day before my coffee.

- Loot box bug. Quite often a raid leader will open a box for everyone to roll on the loot. Half the raid will start clicking, some guy will get an awesome roll on the sword he needs... then the box slams shut and everything disappears. I'm not even sure what's causing this. I can't find any pattern, but please fix it. It's really not fair to the guy who got an awesome loot roll to have to re-roll because of your bug.

- Invisible mounts after zoning. I would say it's getting old to zoom in and out of my character every time I zone, but that would be a lie. It's BEEN old since 2010 when this bug first appeared. Four. four years! FOUR! FOUR YEEEEEEAAAAAAARS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWOnBWxNfYM

- Vanity weapons. We finally got vanity armor after a few years and that's been a great success. I'm asking for the ability to drop a weapon into a slot that matches the type of weapon in the active slot, and use that model instead for appearance. Basically I'm tired of holding a toilet scrubber on my Guardian. He looks like the most badass janitor in Hyboria.

- Weapon sheath's, loops, lanyards... anything. I could have sworn, while following dev blogs from 2006-2007 that I saw weapons being sheathed when put away rather than just floating in near proximity to where a sheath should be.

- While you're at it, fix the floating weapons. If you aren't wearing a cloak, then pretty much any and all back weapons appear to float in space. This forces me to wear a cloak on characters that I otherwise would not just to keep the immersion. If we aren't going to get sheathes, then at least set two different floating points.. one for with a cloak and one for without.

- Oh and thanks for fixing the shields that clip through our foreheads, that was a pretty sweet fix.

- Coming to a dead stop on a pebble. Sometimes I'll be sprinting through a zone taking some really cool screenshots. Enjoying the brisk Cimmerian air whipping through my hair and then *SCREEEEEECH*. My 500lb Tiger mount comes to a dead stop on a rock that couldn't be bigger than his ankle. Sorry, but that bothers the crap outta me.

- Shield of the Risen after rezzing/logging in/zoning. Honestly, I don't PVP, I don't want to PVP and there's no situation in the game where it's useful in PVE. Please give me the option to turn SotR off permanently on the options page so I don't run around with a giant ball of glowing, eyeball melting, light on my screen.

- Character screen is beardaphobic. Please put my facial hair back on my characters in the selection screen. I often take screenshots of my latest outfits on that page and it's annoying that my characters seem to have visited a barber without my permission there.

- Mail not sending items to the character I sent them to. When I mail an item, I want it out of my bank space and on the way to the person I mailed it to. For someone like my Guardian who has a bank full of all the Armorsmith and Weaponsmith crafting materials I need, plus all the vanity stuff I don't want to trash, it takes logging him off and on several times to mail a dozen items to another character.

- Mail light still showing I have mail even though I've opened it, taken the items and deleted the mail. I hate getting halfway through a zone, seeing that light and wondering if I really sold something or if it's just a bug.

- Market Search. If I don't know exactly what I'm looking for by name, then there's a chance I might never find it with the current market search function. Give us pages and pages of items when we search in a certain category, and fcs (for Crom's sake), let us type in the name of something without having the correct category selected to find it.

Dear Funcom dev('s??), make an EVE Online trial account. Use the market to find lots of things. Use the search bar. Take lots of notes. Copy it verbatim.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that the market is quite possibly the worst coded part of the game at the moment. It's a train wreck. I would even rather have a market revamp over a crafting revamp. Like literally.

- Global ignore list. Here's the typical procedure for creating a new character on Crom. Create character, enter world, set up hot bars and chat windows, ignore S*****k, ignore S*d... ok ready to play. But honestly, it would be super cool if those people I've ignored would be ignored all on all characters present and future.

HoX transform also causes floating weapons, as does the necromancers Ritual of the Lich feat.

But to add onto your list: I'd like my players skin to reset back to normal after they've died by an electrical or fire fatality.

Funcom is well aware of most of these bugs you've mentioned. They don't fix them because they don't know how. The code is a jumbled mess and they have apparently decided that the time it would take them to fix these things is better spent doing other things.
    Last edited by Purplelotus; 15th June 2014 at 21:03.

Thumbs up

+1 very nice ideas.
    Up expecially for "ignore" and "friend" list shared around all chars.
    "Bunny jumping" fix will be fine too.

- minigame signup bug
    - a lot of armors are clipping since (i think) the first hotfix patch for dreamworld 2.0 (e.g. 2011) and we have "see through" limbs, feet and weird black shadows. Examples are the vanir chainmail, darfari cloth shoes, circlets, darfari cloth headset etc.. There is even a thread on TL about this
    - fix the "basic forced haircut" that you get with certain headpieces (the "no pony, almost bald with ponytail" one). Just let hair clip normally, it might look weird at times, but by far not as weird and bad as the "forced" haircut
    - fix guild renown cap
    - ability to put "notes" behind a friends name, like "met in..." or "alt of ..."

- bring back old emotes and let males do female ones and vice versa
    - add some npc emotes and stances to player chars, you could even easily add a command tag, to make a certain position permanent till "keypress" (like giving options to stand around drunk, meek, haughty, exhausted, wary etc.)
    - I'd like to see some payment option again that does not require a credit card or "internet payment". Maybe funcom point code cards in real shops?
    - achievement system with renown or vanity rewards, that respects crafting, exploring and fighting over grinding (for example, you do a certain amount of quests for stygia, you get access to stygian looking gear, pets, emotes etc.)
    - pvp wise i would like to get rid of the fixation on levels and rather have a "char power stat", which defines how much xp are gotten in combat. It is not logical, that someone with 100% better stats gives same xp than someone else. Will also help against the "focus the weak" disease.

I have not included a lot of others, since they are not "papercuts", like ranger revamp, consequence system etc.. Still for them are more detailed threads on TL already.
    Also I just find hearing the "old messed up code" argument not very convincing (especially when used with guild renown, which should be nothing more than changing the cap variable or some "if then" condition (at least to do a temporary "fix"). Usually a lot of these bugs can be linked and targetted by looking at patch timeline and feedback (but alas, old forums are gone, so old history too). Repatching them in can be avoided by documentation. Even with bad code, simple comparison should be doable there...will help with understanding the "mess" too.
    Understanding and comparing code is part of the job description, not only writing new code instead of old. And it is also not even always harder, slower or more expensive.
    Still with respect to the OP, i just added things i find doable without much investment (because some i am sure i could do myself very fast, some i have seen done elsewhere easily).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th June 2014 at 07:33.

- Disable Text Input breaking the chat tab when you relog or zone.
    - Long chat history prevents some things from being saved when you logout, as well as throwing an error so you have to type in your password over again.

Something small but, I would absolutely love to see 1h axes on a loop while on the hip. They shouldn't be hanging by the handle.

Please fix lich form so necros can use vanity.

Been here since early release. I've taken many breaks due to nothing new being added to the game along with a thousand bugs and shitty customer service, and if Fucom's History means anything, then you all are spitting into the wind. Fucom does not fix stuff. Plus all this "stuff" you are listing is more than likely already in the suggestion thread. Ain't none of this stuff getting fixed by Fucom.

-Sorry, but the truth sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    Please fix lich form so necros can use vanity.
    This please.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    - "Getting rezzed out". Currently the game will automatically default to the nearest static rez pad every single time a player receives a rez. Preferably the screen should default to the first player rez received.

- Loot box bug. Quite often a raid leader will open a box for everyone to roll on the loot. Half the raid will start clicking, some guy will get an awesome roll on the sword he needs... then the box slams shut and everything disappears. I'm not even sure what's causing this. I can't find any pattern, but please fix it. It's really not fair to the guy who got an awesome loot roll to have to re-roll because of your bug.

- Vanity weapons. We finally got vanity armor after a few years and that's been a great success. I'm asking for the ability to drop a weapon into a slot that matches the type of weapon in the active slot, and use that model instead for appearance. Basically I'm tired of holding a toilet scrubber on my Guardian. He looks like the most badass janitor in Hyboria.

- Coming to a dead stop on a pebble. Sometimes I'll be sprinting through a zone taking some really cool screenshots. Enjoying the brisk Cimmerian air whipping through my hair and then *SCREEEEEECH*. My 500lb Tiger mount comes to a dead stop on a rock that couldn't be bigger than his ankle. Sorry, but that bothers the crap outta me.

- Market Search. If I don't know exactly what I'm looking for by name, then there's a chance I might never find it with the current market search function. Give us pages and pages of items when we search in a certain category, and fcs (for Crom's sake), let us type in the name of something without having the correct category selected to find it.

Dear Funcom dev('s??), make an EVE Online trial account. Use the market to find lots of things. Use the search bar. Take lots of notes. Copy it verbatim.
    This is the most important for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast