Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dev letter today? - THAT kind of thread

Default Dev letter today? - THAT kind of thread

The end of the month is upon us so I feel like it is my sacret duty to post thread asking whether we will or not get the dev letter today.

Please do fill this thread with angry responses so it gets some attention.

Name calling, usuall pve vs pvp debates and detailed explanations why someone is about to quit or will play just once a month for the events are encouraged

And as we are waiting for the official reply (on why it won't happen today) please chill to this fine tune to get your summer groove on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVbSh7pVeUM
    Last edited by Slith; 30th May 2014 at 10:30.
    Retired

Hope it is today, but i don't mind getting it next week tho.
    I don't expect something, chance of surprise announcement is really low atm and Funcom is very busy with long-time-awaited Tokyo for TSW and Lego upcoming release so I suppose we're getting just updates for hot projects (pve mainly since pvp is served now).

However, personnaly, i would like in the letter :

- News for the achievement system (did they're still in the collecting ideas phase ?)
    - What is going on with the anniversary event (about gilding tokens)

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I predict it comes Monday or Tuesday, with mass rage threads starting on Sunday.
    Why wait? Mass rage now ;p

The reasons why I am curious is this:

(...) team is also hard at work on Patch 4.2, which we are targeting for a May release date. This patch includes the PvP events, Daily Missions and Age of Conan's 6th Anniversary Event (...)
    I don’t want to start talking too much about patch 4.3 until 4.2 is out the door.

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...ter_april_2014

Patch 4.2 seems to be completed so now I guess we might get a glimpse at 4.3?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    - News for the achievement system (did they're still in the collecting ideas phase ?)
    At first I was very negative about the addition of achievements, cause they're so common in games with very bland and useless achievements (fake content)

But I think if done right,
    (give people proper challenges)
    they could spark back life into game.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 30th May 2014 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Patch 4.2 seems to be completed so now I guess we might get a glimpse at 4.3?
    Still missing class tweaks from 4.2.

What do you people expect to even be in this months dev letter? How much development do you really think that this game is under anyway? I highly doubt Funcom has any new, relevant information since their last dev letter to put in a new one.

Funcom doesn't have the resources to put enough development into this game fast enough to even warrant a development letter on a monthly basis.

Besides, the Game Directer already explained that he's under no obligation to release a monthly letter and that he doesn't even like you people.

Don't hold you breath, guys.
    Last edited by -Syd-; 30th May 2014 at 12:23.

Running out of time for a letter today!

I'm guessing it will come sometime next week.

Shame the GD was chased off the forum. He hasn't posted since May 1st. So yeah, no letter until sometime next week.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast