Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I was just curious which guilds still even exist

Maybe it's time to add npc raiders to fill up spots :P

if everyone spent as much time trying to get a friend joining the game as they did here moaning about how bad it is, this game would have a lot more players.. that said I dont think its such a big problem these days, plenty of peeps who wanna raid.
    Also, if you see a guild spamming global it doesnt automaticly mean it is for lack of players, a guild need to spam actively from time to time to bring in some new blood, the more the merrier ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    Dear Funcom,

Please make more population and more people do raids.

Also, bring back some guilds I think may not be active but may be.

Sincerely,

Sugar
    You really don't need to be a jerk and its really not constructive, I do understand that the game is having problems, I have no delusions that most of these folks are not coming back. What I would like to see is how wide spread the problem is and if funcom can do anything to help retain the player base that we have.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 25th May 2014 at 18:08.

Band of brothers is no more few of them still left though, playing in coe.

I believe their guild city is probably still up but it must be playing a nostalgic/symbolic role rather ran anything else.

Ataxia is gone, the dude running and disbanding ataxia made fatgoats and it's also rushing down a slippery slope again it seems.

AoE is loosing members fast it seems.

And yea RN not on its prime anymore struggling with emperor and whatnot.

That's all I know so far.

Raiding isn't very exciting, and to do an AoC raid it requires 24 people with hours of time to complete the raid, sometimes needing to go into different nights out of the week to complete it. Not very appealing when you can play different games and get instant action.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Raiding isn't very exciting, and to do an AoC raid it requires 24 people with hours of time to complete the raid, sometimes needing to go into different nights out of the week to complete it. Not very appealing when you can play different games and get instant action.
    That's not the problem with AoC raiding, the problem with AoC raiding is that it's so far been 2 yrs 2 months since T4. T5 should have been released a year ago and if it had been, I'm fairly confident many of the guilds on the above list would not have folded and the game population would be much healthier as many players in those guilds would still be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Mistwolves is no longer raiding.
    Many would have stayed had their been some new end game stuff to do. Lvl 50 zones and raids 'perceived' as harder than t4 but with worse loot didn't cut it. Surprising huh?

(Sidenote: I was surprised that so few were interested in the turan and the unchained dungeons - they are quite fun. But t4 gear killed off interest. Since the merge, I pug them all the time. The Euro's seem far more keen to do 6mans than was ever the case on the old US server).
    Last edited by MashMash; 25th May 2014 at 22:23.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Yes it is sad Sugar, AOC was hopping before ESO came out, then it was a ghost town, I knew ESO would take some players but not this many.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Maybe it's time to add npc raiders to fill up spots :P
    With our luck, Funcom would have us buy them from the item shop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    if everyone spent as much time trying to get a friend joining the game as they did here moaning about how bad it is, this game would have a lot more players..
    i tried and failed

aoc has many downsides:

-hacks

-downie classes and abilities

-retarded grind

-little sense in being competitive in pvp

-and ultimately low pop

with last update FC is checking off some weeknesses, yet isnt marketing them (wtf)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast