Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom for the love of all the gods in this world. Let us Sign up As a group!

Not having a competitive premade option in PVP is fail.

Imagine that you're forced to play pug raids and pug 6 men instances all the time time? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Not having a competitive premade option in PVP is fail.

Imagine that you're forced to play pug raids and pug 6 men instances all the time time? lol
    Until the day mobs start leaving the dungeons because an organized group of players farm them every week this simile won't be correct. Until that day comparing PVE raids/6men with 6men for minis doesn't make sense.

But you just gave me an idea maybe people who want to play together could do the same thing PVE players have done for years. Go to global chat and ask for another group to pramade against.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 20th May 2014 at 14:35.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Shouldn't this thread be in the PvP section of the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Until the day mobs start leaving the dungeons because an organized group of players farm them every week this simile won't be correct. Until that day comparing PVE raids/6men with 6men for minis doesn't make sense.

It does make sense, the only thing that that keeps players around is community and playing with your friends/guildies. There is absolutely no valid argument why you should not be able to play PVP with your friends and guildies the same way you do in PvE.
    Last edited by Redd; 20th May 2014 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Seriously haven't anyone noticed how players have changed with the "PUG" System in the last 2 years?

The skill level has gone down drastically, no one wants competition. Everything is determined by "LUCK" You can be the greatest player in the world, but the system will randomly put you on a bad team and you can do NOTHING about it. Its all LUCK based.

Havent you people had enough of this PUG mini? It isn't helping ANYONE but the "lucky" ones who get on good team.

Just to list out few things PUG has brought us.

You have players that are Pure "flag bots" or "objective bots" Who tunnel vision to purely just flags and objective. This player usually will run off by themselves and avoid pvp much as possible just for the sake of flags. Usually this the type of player causing the rest of the team to be down 1.

Then you have the "KD whore" These are the players who sits in stealth entire match, never stick with group and would only come out stealth to get a kill. "Talir, Kozak, rangers etc" They'd instantly leave mini before their death. (Heads up this is the definition of KD whore, chasing kills is NOT it)

Follow up by the player that Quits the match or sits in stealth because he/she is not satisfied or sees no hope of winning. Usually this happens after opponent team Captures 1 flag. This player(s) will cry and moan about no team work and sit out entire match because he/she cannot get a mini game token.

After all of that,
    The rest of the team, you have ZERO communication and absolutely ZERO team play. No Focus targets, No CC for teammates, No basic concept of group pvp. WHY? None of these people have ever played in organized pvp or competitively. There is no reason to communicate, to get better, to focus targets, to cc for teammates. There is no MOTIVE, All they had to do is "Sit in stealth, leave match and wait for the Luck of the draw that puts them In the winning team"

Honestly majority of players signing up to mini game did not do it for "PVP" they are doing it for the tokens, the gear. It is understandable that a fresh pvp 1 wants to focus on objective so he/she can get geared up to compete ( This is purely funcom's fault) But what about the pvp 5+ players who PURELY focus on flags/objectives? They leave their teammates out in the dust and just being completely uselsss, most of the time these are the players that gets a team farmed on the pad.

Funcom Let us Sign up with friends. PUG mini is actually killing the pvp. IT is NOT working at all. Everything is luck based. It makes no god damn sense to not be allowed to pvp with your friends. THis is the ONLY multiplayer game that does not allow you to paly with your friends.

(OH BUT YOU HAVE OPEN WORLD PVP)
    Open world pvp you say? Look how that turned out for Wildlands. Majority of players stands by the guards, lowbies trying their best to give you murder points. And 90% the time is a lag fest why? Because funcom down graded their server so bad it no longer can handle even the slightest surge in mass pvp.

Open world is nearly out of the question, you'd need an absolutely beast machine just to run open world at a stable frame.

I remember back in 2008, I had an 8800gt and a dual core, I was able to run the game at medium-high setting and pvp FINE with 40+ latency IN MASS pvp.

Why 6 years later Im now with GTX 770, 4770 3.5Ghz i7 cpu And im getting 20fps in LOW settings in wildlands when there are more than 5 players...

Come on FC you can do better than that.

But in the end, let us sign up with friends. I am sure majority of pvpers would want this too.
    What do you think people will do when they're on a pug team, most likely unbalanced, and they see that they're up against 6 carnage players with great balance? If they're the same type of people you described in your post, then they're going to quit the match before it even starts or refuse to leave the pad in the first place and wait for you to roll them and end the game. IMO it will be WORSE than the current PUG minis. Major PvP guilds will get full premades and roll the other, most likely, PUG team. I agree with Suctum that it could work if it was limited to signing with 2-3 team members, but you will still get the KD and token whores sitting out the match when they decide before the game even starts that it's not worth their effort to fight.

EDIT: If your main goal is to increase the amount of PvP in the game then I don't think allowing full premades again will cut it. If, however, you simply want to enjoy playing with guildies and friends again then that's fine, but understand that it might come at a cost of lower amounts of PvP overall.
    Last edited by -Nightshadow-; 21st May 2014 at 01:19.

I bet all my gold on a 1 pom, 1 tos, 1 shaman, 1 gard, 1 conq and 1 gard carnage team.

"Why do people don't want competition ?"
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I bet all my gold on a 1 pom, 1 tos, 1 shaman, 1 gard, 1 conq and 1 gard carnage team.

"Why do people don't want competition ?"
    Don't bet all ya gold! they will lose every match mate
    There soldiers are scared of flag debuff

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Until the day mobs start leaving the dungeons because an organized group of players farm them every week this simile won't be correct.

i can understand your confused.
    you confuse group content as solo content and you willingly accepted that group content must be played by forced solo sign ups.

but no worries when they activate back group signups you can at least team up with a guildie to play with you instead of perpetualy against you.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Everyone has there own opinion, and I respect that others (possibly most players) is very different than mine. What I dislike most about AoC PvP is that there is no enemy per say. In a mini game you find yourself fighting with and against the same people. In open world, it is only slightly better, and not clearly defined. In every other game I have ever enjoyed PvP, I knew who my enemy was. I choose a side and I stuck with it. With a proper faction system giving us a known enemy, we can fight for pride and don't have nearly as big a need to be "rewarded". Because we need to be rewarded for our PvP, we have the huge gap between new and experience players that goes far beyond a players skill level.

You can sign up premade vs premade right now. Premade vs pug is stupid, and caused a lot of people to leave. If fc brings that back, then go ahead and close pvp.

Who wants to fight a premade with a pug? Yes, let me find 5 random people, who I cannot talk to, random classes, to fight a hand picked team, who can speak to each other and work together to farm my team.

Carnage has a premade vs premade recently, got their asses handed to them, spaart rage kicked several people, now he wants the easy route of carnage vs pug.

Idiot.
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 21st May 2014 at 21:09.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast