Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Build Thoughts?

Default New Build Thoughts?

Playing with this.

http://goo.gl/NBycp

Invulns are up to 40%. Using Lull and forked. Rotation is hard getting used to with only a few spells of dps to play with. LS seems to be more viable. Heals are instant with forked and general.

That build above seemed all over, so I am now using this.

http://goo.gl/iLTfD

Reminds me of playing at level 50. Drop cyclone when ganged up and most run away. Drop cyclone on totem and on flag if dropped and want to defend.

Corp, does your Call Lightning hit hard now w/ it feated out?

I haven't spec'd into Improved Call Lightning yet.

Also, lol @ the cyclones (what's duration?). You are limited on hostile spells, eh?
    Last edited by sth4485; 11th April 2013 at 23:54.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    Corp, does your Call Lightning hit hard now w/ it feated out?

I haven't spec'd into Improved Call Lightning yet.

Also, lol @ the cyclones (what's duration?). You are limited on hostile spells, eh?
    I have actually been watching ls crit around 3k on pvp 8. So am happy with that. Cyclones have very little cool down and run for a while, and no one know what to do when they see it, so its a bit of a surprise to everyone.

You are limited on hostile spells, but you have to play this like a demo. sit in the back and spam ls, cb, cl and etc. Cyclones can be placed a good distance out to, so I use it to help team mates being double or triple teamed.

I have only done 3 minis with it so far, so its too early to tell how good it is.

Range is 25, casting is half a second, and the recast is 20. It runs 15 secconds. So very fast cast, always up, 2 types of damage and a snare. pop your crit rating up and need to see how this will play out.

DBOLs, a sin, when he came at me, I popped this and ran, the snare helped let me get away I think. Of course he could have just refocused on someone else too.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 12th April 2013 at 12:30.

Wow, I had no idea it lowered the cool down on call lightning!! that's awesome.. I'm going to have to try it out ASAP!
    Gank

How hard are your LS spell hitting for?

lol, going to have to try this later after work.

http://goo.gl/YBlFn
    Gank

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    lol, going to have to try this later after work.

http://goo.gl/YBlFn
    Its just more or less fun mixing it up, watching people become very confused as to what you are doing versus just running in with SF.

how do u pvp with these specs?

there's only one viable pvp spec for ToS (+- few points here and there). other than that ur a meat shield or a healbot

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    how do u pvp with these specs?

there's only one viable pvp spec for ToS (+- few points here and there). other than that ur a meat shield or a healbot
    Not true. To be reliant on a bubble 2 times a mini and think that makes all the difference is small thinking. If you take a look at the builds I posted, not only does my electrical damage numbers go up, but so does my resistances and armor. So I am sacrificing 20 seconds of 15 minutes for an entire 15 minutes of improvement.

Like I said before, dps spells suffer but I die far less and support my team even more. By not dying I am alive more to help heal, cc, debuff, buff and dps for my team. How do I do it you ask?

Simple. If you run an aoe only build, you are in the front lines. Bubble seems to make all the sense in the world. However, my build is not aoe. So I don't need to be in front lines. I am forgotten like a demo in the back. The snare of the cyclones is huge from my experiences so far. Thinking like a ranger helps. Someone looks, you run.

WHy not try it for one month. Not a few games. But really try it. Don't give up because its not what you are used to. Stick with it until its natural. I think you will find similar builds that will help your playstyle without a bubble.

I guess also I don't care about kill counts anymore. I have led kills in sieges and minis, open world and arenas. Now I just want to see how else one could play. And by doing everything else besides just dps, it mixes it up. It is possible and I am speaking from experience.

Disclaimer: I have an AOE build that I can switch to in a few seconds thanks to funcoms feat trees option. So you are NOT tied to a single build, and you should evaluate each fight and determine not only build to use, but AAs as well and switch to what you will need to be successful.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 15th April 2013 at 11:34.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast