Thread: Character settings glitching (help!)

Default Character settings glitching (help!)

Hello all! I've been having some serious trouble with AoC and it has become unplayable. Does not seem to be a hardware issue at all, it is something dealing with character information.

Quick breakdown

Whenever I zone into new areas, my chat will become bugged. For example going from Chosain to Yun Rau Palace I am not able to use my chat box anymore.

Along with that, if I am group lead I am not able to add or remove members of the group. The only way to fix the error is to soft log out, then log back in. This issue happens every 30 minutes or so and has become increasingly annoying.

Please give me a shout if there is anyway to fix this. It is making PvE unbearable. Thank you!!

Well that is a new one. What gui are you using? Are your video drivers and windows up to date?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hey half,

I'm using Windows 7, yes it is fully updated. My video driver is Catalyst 13.12.

I honestly have no clue what is causing it. Is there a way to reset the whole account (characters included) to default? I have gone into every tab and reset them to default, but chat still bugs as well as joining / leaving groups in my earlier post.

What I have done is re installed the game 3-4 times this month, along with completely deleting the app data folder. Still doesn't work. The last resort would be resetting the whole account to default. If anyone knows how to do that let me know!

Before you do that. Try the Live Chat people on the account page.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Had a similar issue a while back, chat disappeared randomly on some (not all) toons & eventually this escalated to the point where some toons would not even log in, the client locked up & had to be forced to close in Task Manager. I eventually, after full re-install & patch twice, tried rebuilding the account profile. Look in \Users\<windows username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs for a folder named after your game account logon. Rename it to preserve the content & then launch AoC & the client will rebuild the profile from server side content. Note that ignore lists are local only so these will be lost but can be copied back afterwards from the renamed profile location.

Hope this helps
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.