Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Experienced advice needed

Default Experienced advice needed

Hi all DTs.
    I am a noob DT and learning how to be a good MT. I dont understand why I can pretty good MT T1 raid and cant MT Khitai HMs (I am down within 15 secs). My gear is a mix of Khitai faction and epic gear /according to Sidars advice/ + some T1 and T2 pieces. With my melee build with CoP and defensive state I have mittigation 52,7%. With tali build it is allmost the same, but lower mittigation - around 46%.
    This is my tali build:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...24fc120ad1129c
    and melee build:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...243412494126f0

What I am doing wrong? Thx for any advice.

Do you have VoM? Do you have maxed PS & DS? What is your CR? Whats your mitigation with CoA and shield? What kind of DPS can you do while tanking?

Anyway, it seems your mitigation is still a little low to be a MT in HMs if u have only 52,7% with CoP and Improved Defensive Stance.
    Just go with the offtank role for now, but use CoA so u can more easily fight for aggro with MT and help him/her with tanking (even if its for a short time).
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Hi,
    yes I have VoM, for PS and DS I have 4/5 points. My crit rating is around 10-11%.
    52,7% mittigation is with my melee build with Black onyx shield and running CoP and defensive state. As OT I can manage Khitai Hms pretty good. But I thought that mittigation above 50% should be enough for MT. So I thought, I must do something wrong during fight as MT - I am using my aggro tools to keep aggro, using sunning deflection before hard hits and doing my best combos LL, BFA, MB, SoAF. But dying pretty fast.
    When I tried my tali build on WB (Yeti) I was able to crit him for 3,6k. But dying much faster. BTW, yesterday I tried solo Halls of eternal frost NM with my tali build, and I was able to kill alite bosses level 72 alone.
    Last edited by Mordorm; 21st January 2014 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorm View Post
    52,7% mittigation is with my melee build with Black onyx shield and running CoP and defensive state.
    To be able to MT with that mitigation you would need good dps, which you certainly do not achieve with your gear and CoP on.

You just don't have good enough gear to MT most HMs just yet.

You might want to start with vortex and palace, which are some of the easiest HMs when it comes to gear check for tanks.

You can also easily be offtank/dps in KK runs. You could get Massacre and Essence of Courage from Yag, and a chance at the LL shoulders from Malice. Also a decent blue LL chest drops from Necropolis. I think getting those four items would boost you a bit. For chest piece get the Tamarin Tigers chest ASAP. Only T3.5 and T4 with crit ratings are better than that one. Never take it off until you get the higher tier raid ones.

Kill apes and sharks in paikang and get the milestone rings, eventually get tricksters charm form Shadows if you have the rank and trophies for it. Free cloak in Vile if you get in a group there as offtank. Decent tanks can solotank that place. With those pieces in place you should be looking at 54-5% mitigation with improved defensive stance and covenant of arms.

11% crit rating is too low, make sure you have equipped Decisive Strikes. For VoM to work as good as possible, never ever go below 15-16%.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You can also easily be offtank/dps in KK runs. You could get Massacre and Essence of Courage from Yag, and a chance at the LL shoulders from Malice. Also a decent blue LL chest drops from Necropolis. I think getting those four items would boost you a bit. For chest piece get the Tamarin Tigers chest ASAP. Only T3.5 and T4 with crit ratings are better than that one. Never take it off until you get the higher tier raid ones.

Kill apes and sharks in paikang and get the milestone rings, eventually get tricksters charm form Shadows if you have the rank and trophies for it. Free cloak in Vile if you get in a group there as offtank. Decent tanks can solotank that place. With those pieces in place you should be looking at 54-5% mitigation with improved defensive stance and covenant of arms.

11% crit rating is too low, make sure you have equipped Decisive Strikes. For VoM to work as good as possible, never ever go below 15-16%.
    Very thx for valuable advice,
    Trying to get enough rares for Tigers chest (need around 80 more), till that I use DT T2 chest. I tried to get to KK runs, but never get there, because in chat is allways stated geared/exp. And I have no experience from KK HMs. But will try to get there with some nice group as OT.
    According to milestones, I got only paikang milestones, by finishing the quest line there (I think Insurrection faction quests). From sharks and apes I can get the rest of milestones needed? Didnt know that.

Quick question: i have full khitai epic gear on my dt, the only thing that's not from khitai is a ring without hit. However i only have about 12% with decisive equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorm View Post
    Very thx for valuable advice,
    Trying to get enough rares for Tigers chest (need around 80 more), till that I use DT T2 chest. I tried to get to KK runs, but never get there, because in chat is allways stated geared/exp. And I have no experience from KK HMs. But will try to get there with some nice group as OT.
    According to milestones, I got only paikang milestones, by finishing the quest line there (I think Insurrection faction quests). From sharks and apes I can get the rest of milestones needed? Didnt know that.
    you´ll usually get milestones from dungeons in each zone and you can place them on missing stones in that zone. he mentioned sharks and apes because you can easy solo farm them for those milestones (of Shark/Ape), you can also try farming Dark Legion soldiers (for Milestone of Dragon) and Quilins in Paikang near Jade Citadel or Jhils in Paikang above BB cave or in Chosain. I think those milestone drops from mobs might have been nerfed some time ago, tho.. dunno..
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Quick question: i have full khitai epic gear on my dt, the only thing that's not from khitai is a ring without hit. However i only have about 12% with decisive equipped.
    Decisive buffs Crit rating, not Hit rating. Equip Pressing to boost Hit rating.

For some Khitai modes the Solution might lie on the critigation chance, Having the passive critigaton chance from full elusive nature and forced engage is really strong, with elusive equiped it might solve all your problems.

Some bosses in khitai have very high crit rating and crit dmg.

Keep an eye on combat log.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast