Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: tali tanking

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    what is puzzleing me is i did builds with 5 points in sustained rage and still scored higher with 5 points blighted soul, even despite it not doing much more dps with 5 points it seems to somehow proc more often or something.
    I checked some parser I had, and with 1 point (I usually feat it with 1 point only for VoM proc) Blighted Soul hits for around 13 DPS, on single target boss and with Kithai tank gear in defencive (ofc it will vary a lot depending on gear, boss etc., but this is just indicative).
    Full feated is +100% damage on it, so around 26 DPS.

It is AoE, so in your situation (2 strawmen in guild city) it should hit for 52 DPS or something like that.
    I have just seen that it is 59,64 on your parse, so it's more or less like that (you have better gear than me also, so that probably makes the small difference).

Sustained rage is +15% weapon DPS, mostly single targeted (you can't hit 2 strawmen at same time with combo as far as I remember).
    So it's like 18 DPS if you have 1HE with 120 base DPS (ofc this is an incomplete calc, but again it gives an idea).
    Also DT is probably one of the "melee" classes which benefits less of +% of weapon damage.

So on multi-target situation is not so surprising that fully feated Blighted Soul allows you to parse more than Sustained Rage.
    Maybe on single target fight it would be different, but in general both Sustained Rage or Blighted Soul are not really so important in the overall DT DPS imo.

Blighted Soul anyway weights for 1-2% Max on overall damage, and if you parse more with that fully feated (so 2-4%) than Sustained Rage, it says a lot about how much DT benefits of +15% weapon damage...

Still imo it's more worth to spend only 1 point in Blighted Soul just for VoM proc, and Sustained Rage it's just a filler to get Cunning Deflection, and a bit extra DPS if in the build you don't need all the prot or the armor from general.

About the build for Tali tanking, full Desacration works in many situations, as Boesch shown sometime ago with those parsers from Zodiac.
    Still I think that for tali tanking is generally more versatile an hybrid build.
    Last edited by Calore; 3rd September 2013 at 08:50.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

The reason people take tali des/gen build is because they can reach the supposed mitigation threshold of t4 at 55%. It is impossible without general spec. Dread/tali specs are awesome for K6 stuff.

People hating on sustained rage also have to realize that once you have everything up and running you are around 32% physical health tap and much less magical health tap ... I think around 20%??? Maybe less, I forget. So even if Sustained Rage only increases your DPS by a minimal amount, it will add more survivability to you than increasing your magic dmg slighty more.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    The reason people take tali des/gen build is because they can reach the supposed mitigation threshold of t4 at 55%. It is impossible without general spec. Dread/tali specs are awesome for kithai 6 men.
    Why tali/dread? That's not the hybrid spec I was talking about.
    Ok let's call it trybrid.. ofc you need maxed general armor to tank with tali.
    In my experience you need even in Kithai HMs.
    K6 men threshold is not really a legend as someone says (50%+ Mitigation minimun is more or less the threshold, at least in some Kithai HMs).
    Last edited by Calore; 3rd September 2013 at 08:44.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    People hating on sustained rage also have to realize that once you have everything up and running you are around 32% physical health tap and much less magical health tap ... I think around 20%??? Maybe less, I forget. So even if Sustained Rage only increases your DPS by a minimal amount, it will add more survivability to you than increasing your magic dmg slighty more.
    I don't hate Sustained Rage, but still it is not so important as you say.
    The reason is in Noite test results, that's the proof of a feeling you can have by playing with builds: it is a pretty low DPS increase, let's say < 50 DPS.
    Even if physical health tap is 30%, 30% of 50 DPS is around 15 HPS.
    Yes is something, it is good to get while going down in General to get Cunning Deflection if you don't need some of the points in armor and/or prot, but it's not so crazy essential imo.
    Ofc numbers can change a bit, but more or less it's probably like that.

DT can only apply one debuff through unhallowed blight, and it's an unholy/holy one.
    So when you test your dps on a strawman, your magical damage output is naturally biased.

If you want to check with accuracy the balance of your damage output, don't use unhallowed blight.
    Plus, as said, having multiple possible targets around will also give you wrong results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    DT can only apply one debuff through unhallowed blight, and it's an unholy/holy one.
    So when you test your dps on a strawman, your magical damage output is naturally biased.

If you want to check with accuracy the balance of your damage output, don't use unhallowed blight.
    Plus, as said, having multiple possible targets around will also give you wrong results.
    im close to getting second t4 big piece so will test stuff again after it, will take more care reguarding testing.

i will most likely solo some onyx mobs/epic kesh boss and parse it so i can get a better feel of health returns with sustained rage like erok pointed out see if its relevant or not, but might be you need guard t4 sword for it to make more sense given dependance of high base dps on weapon for weapon damage buffs to make a difference.
    Last edited by noite80; 3rd September 2013 at 14:17.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    but might be you need guard t4 sword for it to make more sense given dependance of high base dps on weapon for weapon damage buffs to make a difference.
    1. T4 Guard sword base DPS: 125,5
    2. T4 DT sword base DPS: 122
    3. Ibis base DPS: 116,3

Difference between 1 and 3: 9,2 DPS
    15% of 9,2 is 1,38 DPS.
    I doubt you will see any difference.

Between 1 and 2 there is almost no difference about Sustained Rage increase.

I'm not sure if it scales with other DT weapon damage increase buffs (Covenant of Arms, Sadistic stacks), - I don't think it does - but even if it does, you should add another +35% weapon damage applied to a bonus of 1,38 damage.
    I really don't think you will see any benefit with T4 Guard Sword.

I have T4 Guard sword and Ibis, and don't have T4 DT sword.
    I use T4 guard sword only when I tank with Tali and I need some extra armor, otherwise I feel it's overall a bit loss of aggro and DPS compared to Ibis, even with Sustained Rage feated.

At 54.7% armor, I parse 1700DPS on a single strawman, 2300DPS hitting 1 strawman but AOE'ing the second (Guild City), and 3000dps hitting 2 strawmen (Guild City), using a tanking combo-rotation.

I max Sustained Rage. If you're parsing 1200-1400 single target, I'd say your rotation or gear needs help.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Quote Originally Posted by geNius- View Post
    At 54.7% armor, I parse 1700DPS on a single strawman, 2300DPS hitting 1 strawman but AOE'ing the second (Guild City), and 3000dps hitting 2 strawmen (Guild City), using a tanking combo-rotation.

I max Sustained Rage. If you're parsing 1200-1400 single target, I'd say your rotation or gear needs help.
    hi.
    any chance you can secreenshot parse?
    wich gear you used and did you have 4h potions?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by geNius- View Post

+1 what Noite said.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast