Thread: DT dps gear

Default DT dps gear

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about DT dps gear. Should I use light armor with wis and magic dmg ? Same with weapon and talisman ? All with wisdom and magic dmg ? Why DT stats scale with wis if it's the priest main stat ?

DT is very squishy in this gear especially in frenzy stance

I would like to make a pure dps not an off tank or something like that.

What's the best way to gear up fast after reaching 80 ?
    Last edited by Mogyoon; 21st February 2014 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogyoon View Post
    ...I would like to make a pure dps...
    As a DT, you will not be able to compare to true DPS classes. They have more abilities that enable them to be lightly armoured, and usually at range as well. They have more CC, bubbles, speed buffs and anti-CC abilities than you do or ever will.

Good raid weapon, tali and scarlet circle and crit gear will increase your DPS. I am guessing you are not on a PvP server.

While I am sure you will do good DPS, I am unsure you will be able to match the raw DPS in a raid of a true DPS class. With the VoM nerf incoming, you will do even less damage.

However, please feel free to try it out. Get a feel for the class, which includes doing things … erm… differently.

I have a level 30-somethin’ melee-ranger. Yup. As stupid as that sounds, and at high levels I am sure it is, I had fun dual wielding a sword and dagger. I even won against a Conq idiot that tried to kill me in Purple Lotus at around level 30.

But in mini-games, I was beaten like a redheaded stepchild. Hard and mercilessly.

To answer your question: Yes, wisdom and magic damage (similar to priest) increases DT unholy magic damage. Check this thread: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181036
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

I recommend you to read the gear section of the Sidar's guide from this forum. As he says there with full SC gear+tali+full dps spec the worst problem you will have is the agroo. If you full nuke you will die. Is better getting some -hate pieces or rolling a DPS class.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Thank you for your answers.

I'm on Crom. I was wondering how good can be a DT dps and I like it so far. I know I won't be a hard hitter like mages or rogues but It's fine.

Still having a little trouble gearing up but I hope making some dailies for Yun and Scarlet will fix it

PS. A noob question I have negative standing with Scarlet as I was doing LL dailies. If I abandon Last Legion will my standing with Scarlet Circle reset ?
    Last edited by Mogyoon; 21st February 2014 at 14:45.

there is a poster near the camp of SC when you click it you get a quest to kill 10 LL mobs. when you've done this quest you are enemy of LL and neutral with SC. Then you have to start killing LL mobs until yo uhave 5000 points of reputation with SC.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 21st February 2014 at 15:02.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Mogyoon View Post
    Thank you for your answers.

I'm on Crom. I was wondering how good can be a DT dps and I like it so far. I know I won't be a hard hitter like mages or rogues but It's fine.

Still having a little trouble gearing up but I hope making some dailies for Yun and Scarlet will fix it

PS. A noob question I have negative standing with Scarlet as I was doing LL dailies. If I abandon Last Legion will my standing with Scarlet Circle reset ?
    Dt can be the top dps the problem is you are not very wanted in groups. Pugs will be hesitant to include you as a lot want two heals, rogue, mage, and two tanks. Unless you are in a guild you just want be in much demand. It is kind of pointless to run dps as you will just pull aggro in pugs and have to tank. Also currently you do a ton of damage as tank but that all may change with the current discussed changes. Bottom line is a dt can do a ton of damage it is nothing new but little point in it.