Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arena of Death - A Joke of PVP content

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    rage a bit more plz i cant feel it
    Actually arenas like these are only made for ranged classes, I were there too, it should been death match 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 etc

but instead it was 1v1v1 and then crom pv:ers grouped up 1vs10 teams supporting each other without even trying to hit eachothers
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Actually arenas like these are only made for ranged classes, I were there too, it should been death match 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 etc

but instead it was 1v1v1 and then crom pv:ers grouped up 1vs10 teams supporting each other without even trying to hit eachothers
    Even a 1v1v1 system is stupid... Skill is proven not by players but by team play.

there is a team version and a solo version, go in and fight or dont go in at all and stay in your safe hub cities waiting for minigames
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post

yes and we all know those snails like teamplay .

i went there and on that one arena in caravanserai i had fun and unlike shrines of bori its pvp content, even with people trying to dodge solo mechanics then so can you and fight back, when tokens are actualy added self serving egotism should aid in making it a bit more competitive, even if it doesnt you will end up killing your friends willingly or not .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    Even a 1v1v1 system is stupid... Skill is proven not by players but by team play.
    2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 arena would be better I know, but then again comes class balance discussion, gear should not be problem cus Imo everyone should have same gear and aa.

if its 3v3 u take pom,conq and ranger /barb in team and it is automatic win.

You can't create more content to pvp if the heart of the pvp is broken, "class balance"

What i mean is there will be no use for guardian, dmg is low if opponent have healer in team, you cant do any debuffs, you will just get debuffed to death after your teammates are dead, and your cc's aint good.

unlike conq instant aoe kb and great team support
    The Law

there is a team version and a solo version, go in and fight or dont go in at all and stay in your safe hub cities waiting for minigames
    It still favors bubble classes, either group or solo though.

Do you think after necro dots are changed that a demo or necro will win the solo version? No, it will be PoMs, Guards, Conqs, any class with high survivability who can stay in the fight longer or who are focused last.

Group mode will be slightly better, but with how CC's work and the inability to lock opponents down squishy classes will just be free kills with limited LoS to kite with. It will still be up to the bubble club to win the fight after your casters get sent to the pad every 15 seconds.

I am excited they are doing something, but why not just make regular open world meaningful and rewarding. Just not liking someone is enough reason for me to want to pvp, why do you all need a reason outside of that? Nothing better than getting at people you dislike and listening to the things they say during and after...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

Do you think after necro dots are changed that a demo or necro will win the solo version? No, it will be PoMs, Guards, Conqs, any class with high survivability who can stay in the fight longer or who are focused last.
    wins are archtype based how many times its needed to be wrote down untill its understood :P

but yeah without doubt bubble classes are strong in that event, ranged class have plenty of nice places to stand and kill, but in the end it doesnt matter that much because its rewards are archtype based, and yeah i did win one of the arena events on my necro with nerfed dots

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Solo Event : Arena of Death
    This is the second event type that will run on the day.
    A part of the playfield will be considered to be an 'Arena of Death'. When the event is active you will receive an 'Arena Gladiator' buff while in this area. You will score points by making kills of other players with the 'Arena Gladiator' buff.
    The Arena will be active for a set time period, at the end of that time period the players from each archetype with the highest number of points will be declared the winners, in the event of a tie the first player to reach that score will be the winner for that archetype.
    While inside the Arena all players will be considered hostile targets, even those in the same group or guild as yourself.
    Below are the rough locations that will be classified as arenas when this event becomes active.

Arena : Pashtun
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/atta...1&d=1392066465

Arena : Caravanserai (yes the guards have gone on vacation)
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/atta...1&d=1392066462
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

just to make sure...

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Solo Event : Arena of Death

The Arena will be active for a set time period, at the end of that time period the players from each archetype with the highest number of points will be declared the winners,

so there is always at least 4 winners one per each archtype...
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

just to make sure...

so there is always at least 4 winners one per each archtype...
    So the scores will look like this then:

Guard 30:4
    PoM: 30:7
    Ranger:30:12
    Necro:30:25

I think you missed the point that squishies will pretty much be free kills in either solo or team setting with limited LoS and all the burst that exists now. Even if you win your archetype your going to still be coming from the rez pad every 15 seconds on a hox, demo, necro, tos, and possibly sin/barb. Events like this are all about survivability and target priority.

I'd rather see some kind of arena set up for teams, 2v2, 3v3, 6v6, or 12v12 that rewards group play rather than these attempts to make it look balanced. Who is going to want to play a HoX in any of these events and die 50 times, group or not?
    Last edited by Suctum; 24th April 2014 at 23:42.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast