Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers - Require the most Skill

Ranger is like every class, there are good and bad ones.
    That screenshot doesn't show if those rangers are good or not.
    I know a lot of rangers who score very very good on k/d but are totally worthless, I would pay actually not to have them in my group.

But everyone is free to play as he likes of course.

The only ranger I really like on Crom tbh is Davijr (there are also few more good, like Memshur and a couple more I don't remember names).
    Good player doesn't leave mini or go afk after 2 deaths (Throughtedoor / Kingkozak style), but is hard to have people understand that.
    Must be really great satisfaction to play classes like demo or ranger for k/d only.. it's so hard to get kills.. lol

But the same applies to every class, if you play only easy mode minis on every class someone can have very high k/d.
    Pointless.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 22nd April 2014 at 07:34.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

yep but ranger requires no skill, its ****ing aimbot shooting homing missles trough corners and ur back, u can do 6k dmg just from pressing two button from your keyboard from 30 meter range, and its medium armor with full bubble (dont tell me its 30% because it is not 30), if evasive action is 30%, tell me why its much better than guardians lightning reflex, that ablity dont even work, and cats paw(sin) 40%? feels like 20%, much worse then rangers 30%

and that knock back trap is so lame,, u need basicly to side step untill ranger uses kb trap and if he dosent u just die on his keyboard smashing, totally retarded , and reding strike dot doing like 300 dmg on cloth armor + bleeding puncture dot + tts omg
    The Law

not to mention from so overpowered pin down and stamina/ mana drain, what i need to catch him and smash ranger with white hits while he run like a jamaican
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    there is 0 good rangers, drbolcec is newbie but he is average, and asgas is just full AA/full t4 dps kd whhore spec, focusing just pvp 0 clothies

ranger is 3 button class and being immortals same time
    should of seen me going on my ranger and chasing after his ass, he rage quits mini game all the time.

Isn't there already a topic about ranger nerf on tl panel? I mean it should be already well-known that ranger rewards the player most easily (besides demo who annoys me much more than rangers) but more of these topis flaming/trolling about rangers and we even gonna see more of them.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

One question I really would like to get answered:

Why do have rangers to aim more less than a close-combat meele fighter? Its really ridiculous to see a ranger jumping around and just hit a button while his opponent was a single second in front of him.^^

A ranger can be a very good supporter with the huge amount of CC's but it's mostly played as 1-shot-best-K/D class.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    yep but ranger requires no skill, its ****ing aimbot shooting homing missles trough corners and ur back, u can do 6k dmg just from pressing two button from your keyboard from 30 meter range, and its medium armor with full bubble (dont tell me its 30% because it is not 30), if evasive action is 30%, tell me why its much better than guardians lightning reflex, that ablity dont even work, and cats paw(sin) 40%? feels like 20%, much worse then rangers 30%

and that knock back trap is so lame,, u need basicly to side step untill ranger uses kb trap and if he dosent u just die on his keyboard smashing, totally retarded , and reding strike dot doing like 300 dmg on cloth armor + bleeding puncture dot + tts omg
    Yup, catspaw is broken, I know it is for a fact.

Any time it's up, I have been hit by every single Ranger combo. I say out of 5 combo sets thrown at me, 1 will miss while the other 4 hit. Then a ranger clicks his evasion, every single combo of mine will miss him along with the person I am fighting along side with.

Clearly something is not right within the code.

I almost wonder if Funcom leaves RAngers the way they're just like how WoW has their rogues. They like that it's ultra OP to keep the terrible players playing the game. They "want" them to feel good so they collect cash

Quote Originally Posted by destroyr View Post
    Yup, catspaw is broken, I know it is for a fact.

Any time it's up, I have been hit by every single Ranger combo. I say out of 5 combo sets thrown at me, 1 will miss while the other 4 hit. Then a ranger clicks his evasion, every single combo of mine will miss him along with the person I am fighting along side with.

Clearly something is not right within the code.

I almost wonder if Funcom leaves RAngers the way they're just like how WoW has their rogues. They like that it's ultra OP to keep the terrible players playing the game. They "want" them to feel good so they collect cash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-5K5MOb4JU

just look
    The Law

there is nothing to say that hasnt been said before.
    ranger is chimpanza proof and the ultimate troll class in aoc.
    its sad original ranger took more skill to play and continuous weapon swapping for cc's prior to revamp, everything was done to destroy class to the abhorrent crap it is today.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I just want to say 3 things:

1)You can't judge on class when you look on 1 screenshot from mini.

2)Funcom have one opinion about ranger in AoC, about his role and balance. You have different opinion. It's not like any of them broken or require no skill, they just different. All classes have "no skill required" feats.

3)People who play ranger (me as example) don't care about your opinion and your wall of text. They just use strong sides of their class. Delred (as example) play ranger too.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast