Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVP Suggestion - White Sands PVP (Conquest Game)

Default PVP Suggestion - White Sands PVP (Conquest Game)

As we all know, PVP is lacking in AoC when it comes to content and actual objectives, so I have come up with an idea that is actually easy to create has to be within the budget of Funcom.

White Sands found within the Tortage region is a beautiful created map that could be designed for a large PVP map built for Conquest mode for 24-32 players to compete in as a PUG mode with special rewards and Guild vs Guild with legendary rewards and achievements. The map is already created and placing 3 flag points and the 2 opposing teams to start on opposite ends would allow for endless fun.

If any of you have ever played BF: Bad Company 2, you would understand how well most maps play out in a 24-32 player conquest mode. Copy the infrastructure to BC2 for the captured point placement and allow players to SPAWN on the points they have captured. This way, it keeps the game flowing and prevent spawn camping. If one team is unable to capture a point, then they spawn back at the start with a no combat zone timer on it, that will kill the opposing team after 5 seconds of being in there. This way it allows for the team to get themselves back together and push their way back out and let stealth classes sneak by and try and collect back flag points for new spawns to spawn to.

The White Sands map has mountains, rocks, water and lots of land for players to menuever around the map effectively on each class.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    As we all know, PVP is lacking in AoC when it comes to content and actual objectives, so I have come up with an idea that is actually easy to create has to be within the budget of Funcom.

White Sands found within the Tortage region is a beautiful created map that could be designed for a large PVP map built for Conquest mode for 24-32 players to compete in as a PUG mode with special rewards and Guild vs Guild with legendary rewards and achievements. The map is already created and placing 3 flag points and the 2 opposing teams to start on opposite ends would allow for endless fun.

If any of you have ever played BF: Bad Company 2, you would understand how well most maps play out in a 24-32 player conquest mode. Copy the infrastructure to BC2 for the captured point placement and allow players to SPAWN on the points they have captured. This way, it keeps the game flowing and prevent spawn camping. If one team is unable to capture a point, then they spawn back at the start with a no combat zone timer on it, that will kill the opposing team after 5 seconds of being in there. This way it allows for the team to get themselves back together and push their way back out and let stealth classes sneak by and try and collect back flag points for new spawns to spawn to.

The White Sands map has mountains, rocks, water and lots of land for players to menuever around the map effectively on each class.
    as long as its open world pvp content, and not instanced content

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    as long as its open world pvp content, and not instanced content
    It should be instanced, because open wouldn't work with the rule set. They must attach special rewards behind it for wins and competing.

Because it's a larger map, it would be awesome for Guild rivalry and open a whole can of worms for competition, rather then just sieges.

They have to ENTICE people to play vs one another. PVE players enjoy PVP as well, but they need to know that there is something on the other end of the tunnel for them, that makes it worth their while. With the Crafting Revamping coming, they could add special items that only are obtainable through pvp and on this map if they win. Even through pugging alone. There are so many ways to do it, Funcom just needs to listen and do it.

This is actually a really good idea. It would run smoother then that crap map they call call of jheb

I think by insulting the devs that read this, you may lose their interest. Even though I agree that it would have been fun, 4 years ago.

I cant even imagine trying this today.

I don't see how any professional could be insulted by the quoted suggestion...

Especially with a low budget you have to come up with things easily done and involving sandbox and random elements. PvP is predestined for this...

In their defense, it might actually be already on the agenda and they already did such copy and paste things for pve successfully (halloween, unchained).

White sands is not the only map that would be fine for a pvp instance field, a lot of other neglected or hard accessible maps come to mind too (slaughterhouse cellar, pirate isle, dead mans hand etc. etc.).

I think once they manage to open up the same basic map as pve, epic and pvp instance a whole bunch of easily created content will be available for them to be a creative devs playfields...be it for events, quests, hybrid content, future factions and content or just for simple testing out and messing with different pvp rules etc..
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th April 2014 at 13:09.

White Sands for a PVP Conquest map is an absolute brilliant idea and concept.

Sadly, Funcom doesn't have the funds to invest in it, because they're too busy making garbage PVE dungeons and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I don't see how any professional could be insulted by the quoted suggestion...

Especially with a low budget you have to come up with things easily done and involving sandbox and random elements. PvP is predestined for this...

In their defense, it might actually be already on the agenda and they already did such copy and paste things for pve successfully (halloween, unchained).

White sands is not the only map that would be fine for a pvp instance field, a lot of other neglected or hard accessible maps come to mind too (slaughterhouse cellar, pirate isle, dead mans hand etc. etc.).

I think once they manage to open up the same basic map as pve, epic and pvp instance a whole bunch of easily created content will be available for them to be a creative devs playfields...be it for events, quests, hybrid content, future factions and content or just for simple testing out and messing with different pvp rules etc..
    The idea is not insulting, the phrasing of the comment is. Perhaps try to broaden your mind and not get stuck on a single word, it will be more obvious then. and eat more pie.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    The idea is not insulting, the phrasing of the comment is. Perhaps try to broaden your mind and not get stuck on a single word, it will be more obvious then. and eat more pie.
    Mrcorp has clearly lost a few screws over the years.

I don't think he even knows how to read anymore or even visit the outdoors.

Mrcorp has clearly lost a few screws over the years.

I don't think he even knows how to read anymore or even visit the outdoors.
    Yeah, thats on target...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast